The Chat is a own Chat system that can be turned on and off.
To disable the Chat System of RacesAndClasses, set the Config option:
This will disable the complete Chat system of RacesAndClasses.
The Chat System is ordered into different Channels. Each channel has a list of participants. So when you write a message into a channel, every participant of that channel will get the message.
There are different Types of Channels:
- Global Channel: The Global Channel everyone listens to.
- World Channel: A Channel for each World. So only players of the world posted on will get the message.
- Race Channel: A Channel for each Race. Every Race has its own Channel to communicate.
- Public Channel: A Channel type where everyone can join and leave how they want. This channel is listed in the Channel List.
- Private Channel: A Channel type where everyone can join and leave but it is NOT listed in the Channel List.
- Password Channel: Like Private Channels but protected by passwords.
Posting Messages in Channels
At start everyone posts messages in the "Global" Channel. The channel can be changed by using:
/channel post <channelname> or /channel switch <channelname> or /channel change <channelname>
So to switch to a World Channel (e.g. 'world') in posting, use '/channel change world'.
When you then post something to the channel by entering a message, it will be displayed to all people in this channel.
Joining / Leaving Channels
Banning in Channels
Muting in Channels