Paintball War Edition
Download latest.... Download latest
Want to help? Looking for documenters and translators!
Hey! I am looking for someone who would be willing to actively get involved in the project.
Currently that would probably mostly mean helping me with creating documentation for the upcoming new and rewritten paintball plugin, but if you have any ideas on how you can contribute to the project beyond that, let me know!
Also I am looking for people who would be willing to maintain a certain translation of the plugin's messages.
If you are interested, feel free to contact me via Private Message.
Paintball is a fast paced and action packed multiplayer game.
In the classic TeamDeathMatch mode 2 teams compete against each other to bombard each other with snowballs. Once a player is hit, he's out and automatically leaves the arena and has to wait in the paintball lobby for his mates to finish and the next match to start. In the Paintball lobby you will meet all paintball players, choose your team and wait for enough players, or the end of the last match. When all conditions are met, a countdown starts which announces the next match.
Some license stuff:
You can find the full license terms here: https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/paintball_pure_war/license
You can find a basic summary of it at the bottom of this page.
Our main target is to keep this plugin easily integratable on any standard survival server without disturbing the survival feeling. You don't have to dedicate a whole server or world to this plugin!
Paintball is constantly expanding. There are more and more features added which have not much to do with the classic paintball game. But do not panic: According to your personal preferences you can modify or disable most things in the config.yml in the Paintball folder.
- No client or server modifications or additional plugins are required !
- Multiple Arenas: Build as many arenas as you like !
- Complete freedom on what your arena looks like! As Paintball does not care about your arenas borders, your arena can have any shape and layout, as long as it is impenetrable. Simple build some sort of wall around your arena to keep your players inside.
- Multiple Spawns: Paintball lets you define multiple spawn points for each team (red, blue, spectators) !
- Automatic-Lobby-Arena-System: The Paintball lobby will automatically rotate through all your ready arenas. No need for administrators to be online !
Limitation: Currently there can always only run one match at a time.
- Easy: No complex setup needed ! Only 4 commands and your arena is ready and added to the automatic arena rotation !
- Mechanism to strictly seperate Survival and Paintball and to prevent "cheating" in and with Paintball.
- Easy and individually adjustable small Shop, where you can buy ammunition or other special and unique "weapons", gadgets and power-ups with the Paintball-Cash earned during the matches.
- Ranking: Your players gain points to compete with each other !
- Various statistics: examples are Points, Cash, Kills, Deaths, Hits, Shots, KD, Accurancy, Teamattacks, Wins and Defeats for each player, each arena and as a whole.
- Toggleable Killfeed ! Turn it off if it spams you !
- Most stuff is configurable ! For advanced information click here.
- Much, much more!
Easy integration on every survival server!
Our main target is to keep this plugin easily integratable on any standard survival server without disturbing the survival feeling. Players shall not be able to swindle items or gain other advantages over survival players through Paintball.
Here you got some sort of overview what actions are taken to protect the survival-part of the server:
People with the 'paintball.admin' permissions node can bypass some of them.
- Prevent commands that are not related to Paintball. So player can't teleport or use commands as a benefit.
- Prevent breaking and placing of blocks.
- Prevent dropping and picking up items, or dropping the armor.
- Options to let players only join with full health or hunger so they can't escape during fights.
- Options to save the players inventory when joining the lobby and restore afterwards.
- Paintball inventory is cleared when leaving the lobby.
- Turned off damage and starvation inside the lobby.
- Many things can be disabled if they create problems with your other plugins.
- Explosions do no damage to blocks.
- Only Paintball players receive the Paintball messages. Your other players will not get spammed.
Videos on Youtube!
A french plugin description and video can be found here:
Hint about version checking and stats collecting:
This plugin is checking dev.bukkit.org for new updates. This can be disabled in the config with the setting "Server.Version Check".
This plugin is also doing some periodically stats tracking to mcstats.org which helps me to determine how many servers are using it. This can be disabled with the setting "Server.Metrics".
And the plugin is also sending some stats to blablubbabc.de to maybe prepare for some kind of later serverlist (a list of paintball servers). Currently those data are only stored in a non-public mysql table on my server.
- This means that this plugin is sending some general information about the minecraftserver, like: ip-adress, port, servername, slots, motd, bukkit version, if server is in onlinemode and if it has whitelist enabled.
- And some information about paintball like: how many players already played paintball there and if it is an paintball-only server (autolobby enabled) and if the server admin wants the server to be listed at some kind of public server list later, when it is finished.
→Those data are currently only send once every reload.
→ For people who don't want to share these informations with me :( → you can en- and disable this in the serverlist config (plugins/Paintball/serverlist.yml) with the setting "post enabled"
For bug reports or fixes for common problems take a look at the Issues page.
Don't spam with your error here !
For a list of ideas and suggestions take a look at the Ideas page!
Feel free to leave a message here!
(How you like it, what you like most, what you like in no way. I'm interested in your opinion!)
A big "thank you" to everybody who is keeping my motivation up through donations!
If you like this plugin, don't spare the effort to any amount that you consider reasonable and/or leave a positive comment!
Usage conditions / License
Paintball Server Plugin for Minecraft
You can find the full license terms here: https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/paintball_pure_war/license
Those may be updated from time to time. In summary:
- Usage of this software is on own risk. I give no warranty in any kind that this software is working as intended.
- Modifications for personal use are mostly allowed. See the license for limitations on that. (Also note that the source code isn't publically available just yet. So actual modifications might be rather tricky currently.)
- Do not redistribute or publicly upload the plugin, with or without modifications. People are supposed to always download it for themselves from this page.
- Do not use for commercial purposes! This also applies to add-ons (other plugins or services for example) which are related or used in relation to this plugin! Examples: Don't sell any in-game currency that can be used related to paintball. Don't sell access, or prioritize paying players when joining paintball or the server running paintball. Make sure that your "donors" don't get any benefits such as abilities that can be used within the matches, or otherwise in relation with paintball.
Thank you for respecting these conditions!
If you have any questions on this feel free to contact me.
hey thanks :) The shop is quite new and untested :P So I will have to test the current plugin with a new generated config, if I get the same "bug" .
Edit: Alpha just tested it too.. the same bug. :(
I will now test it myself and then search for a fix.. :P
Hello, I have default config and shops doesn't seem to work. No items are for sale. How can I make it to work? Thanks
BTW, great plugin!
Check your inbox.
hm, I already played around with this thought..
But this is a difficult question, as it has consequences on the image of this awesome plugin. The "normal" version will then always be something "uncomplete". Also there are some other similar plugins ( -cough- not as good as mine -cough-) out there, which get way more interesting, if the only real alternative explicit demands money for extra-features/licenses .
Original I had the paintball idea from some other famous paintball-only-server (like mostly all paintball-plugins which were created the past 2 moths :P ) which was a ordered private-only (non-released) plugin. There was some kind of monopole for them and they had/have success and even earn money with it. All the other paintball plugins were only developed because there now was this great interest on paintball/team-shooting-plugins on the one hand and the lack of such this kind of plugin on the other.
So if I would do the same, making it (parts of it) commercial, I would then also give other (less greedy :D ) developers the impulse to make their own plugin, and then maybe would get some really hard competitor :P
Also, I am very new to java and developing matters, and very happy to see people even using my stuff on their servers with tons of other players also using it :)
And if you could take a easy look at the code, a professional programmer would sure laugh at what he would see ;-)
So I cannot give any garantees on the "infallible" of this plugin/the code, possible security issues and bugs I don't know at the moment, etc. etc. ..
This is why I explicit mention this disclaimer stuff for all my projects and do not explicit take money for them, but give some hint on the possiblity to freely donate, if someone like the things I provide him. How could I demand money for something, that I cannot guarantee.
But to see someone using my code to earn money with it, I did not request / I also could have earned, makes me sad, 'cause it makes me feel exploited. :(
This principle in mind and the original quest were the only real reason, why I do not explicit ask for money at the moment, even after I saw how awesome "Paintball" really became after I finally fixed the last (known) bugs and got the first matches to work ;-)
But because everyone loves money and I now see that many people like this plugin (so it can't be that bad..), I will have to think about this topic.
Especially when I am just about to start working on the next extra-features and when someone is explicit asking for a "commercial license" ;)
I created a ticket so everbody can discuss there and tell us his/her opinion on this topic (in a civilized manner, even when the topic is "money"). Maybe you guys have some good suggestions, ideas, opinions I can identify with ;) Or there are even more people who would pay money for what I offer you here.. who knows.. ;)
Is there any way to get a commercial license?
Paintball will not depend on other plugins as it is meant to work as a stand-alone.
The only possibility to add support for other plugins (like economy plugins, spout, etc.. ) I see, is to offer them as option. But this will likely not happen in the near future, as I never worked with spout before and I got more important stuff to add earlier. :P
Automated "call-of-duty"-like matches are something, that is more in my interest at the near future ;) Respawns, killstreaks, the hole package. :)
Thanks for your comment, blablubb
You should add spout support and guns+ support... it would be pretty cool to have automated Call of Duty matches xD.
Thanks :) Yep, will sure be added. Armor according to points. But at the moment I cannot say when it will be implemented.
Hmm, in my opinion there should not be some kind of "vip" features in a game where everybody should have the same chances. But paintball also shall be a plugin which you can modify the way you want that's why there is a option to disable certain shop-slots for certain player's /groups .. hmhm.. I am wrestling with this thought.. :P For now I will put it on the "Ideas"-list :P But 1 hint: I do not allow "commercial usage". So people should not have to pay for paintball-"vip" rank or something like that. If I implement it, then only as option, to reward people under certain circumstances.
I like the idea :) giving people certain extras (airstrike, etc..), if they got a specific number of kills without dying / or even optional implemented in the "rank"-system: people get some bonus (for the next match only maybe) if they achieve a certain rank.
Greetings and thanks for your ideas :) blablubb
I'm sure blablubbabc (he is the author) will read this, i'm only the person for the layout of this page and some drawings. And additional i give him some ideas and test the plugin :D
I'll tell him about your ideas. I'm sure he also will reply to your comment^^
Wow, amazing plugin! Maybe add a ranking path, where you gain some flashy armor every x kills (Configurable armor type, prefix, and kills per rank). Just for show.
Also, you should add VIP powerups and be able to set VIP snowballs and settings serperately. For example, items in stores cost less, etc. Giving a player this vip node would let them access vip features.
Add killstreak announcements for everyone. However, on killstreaks, only VIPS get items, like a single time use airstrike.
@matego we will maybe make a video, but at first, we wanna create a good Bukkit page, this plugin almost new, so we have to do other stuff first. :D hope you understand it. But if you'll take an look here in a few days, you maybe can find one. If you have any problems with commands or features of the plugin, you may find the answer here: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/blablubbabc/pages/features/
any video possible ?
This looks like an awesome plugin been looking for one that is compatible with other plugins. Thank you so much :)
<<reply 797373>> <---- jesus :/ I don't get it to work.. @voli
Das ist das beste Plugin auf der GANNNZEN WELT ;)
This is the best Plugin for Paintball ;)
This plugin is especially made for this case. It's tested with known plugins wich you need for a good bukkit server. It did not make any errors.
But if you find some, please tell it us.
Hi, some other paintball plugins aren't compatible with essentials and other plugins. Will this be the case for this plugin?