Paintball War Edition
Download latest.... Download latest
Want to help? Looking for documenters and translators!
Hey! I am looking for someone who would be willing to actively get involved in the project.
Currently that would probably mostly mean helping me with creating documentation for the upcoming new and rewritten paintball plugin, but if you have any ideas on how you can contribute to the project beyond that, let me know!
Also I am looking for people who would be willing to maintain a certain translation of the plugin's messages.
If you are interested, feel free to contact me via Private Message.
Paintball is a fast paced and action packed multiplayer game.
In the classic TeamDeathMatch mode 2 teams compete against each other to bombard each other with snowballs. Once a player is hit, he's out and automatically leaves the arena and has to wait in the paintball lobby for his mates to finish and the next match to start. In the Paintball lobby you will meet all paintball players, choose your team and wait for enough players, or the end of the last match. When all conditions are met, a countdown starts which announces the next match.
Some license stuff:
You can find the full license terms here: https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/paintball_pure_war/license
You can find a basic summary of it at the bottom of this page.
Our main target is to keep this plugin easily integratable on any standard survival server without disturbing the survival feeling. You don't have to dedicate a whole server or world to this plugin!
Paintball is constantly expanding. There are more and more features added which have not much to do with the classic paintball game. But do not panic: According to your personal preferences you can modify or disable most things in the config.yml in the Paintball folder.
- No client or server modifications or additional plugins are required !
- Multiple Arenas: Build as many arenas as you like !
- Complete freedom on what your arena looks like! As Paintball does not care about your arenas borders, your arena can have any shape and layout, as long as it is impenetrable. Simple build some sort of wall around your arena to keep your players inside.
- Multiple Spawns: Paintball lets you define multiple spawn points for each team (red, blue, spectators) !
- Automatic-Lobby-Arena-System: The Paintball lobby will automatically rotate through all your ready arenas. No need for administrators to be online !
Limitation: Currently there can always only run one match at a time.
- Easy: No complex setup needed ! Only 4 commands and your arena is ready and added to the automatic arena rotation !
- Mechanism to strictly seperate Survival and Paintball and to prevent "cheating" in and with Paintball.
- Easy and individually adjustable small Shop, where you can buy ammunition or other special and unique "weapons", gadgets and power-ups with the Paintball-Cash earned during the matches.
- Ranking: Your players gain points to compete with each other !
- Various statistics: examples are Points, Cash, Kills, Deaths, Hits, Shots, KD, Accurancy, Teamattacks, Wins and Defeats for each player, each arena and as a whole.
- Toggleable Killfeed ! Turn it off if it spams you !
- Most stuff is configurable ! For advanced information click here.
- Much, much more!
Easy integration on every survival server!
Our main target is to keep this plugin easily integratable on any standard survival server without disturbing the survival feeling. Players shall not be able to swindle items or gain other advantages over survival players through Paintball.
Here you got some sort of overview what actions are taken to protect the survival-part of the server:
People with the 'paintball.admin' permissions node can bypass some of them.
- Prevent commands that are not related to Paintball. So player can't teleport or use commands as a benefit.
- Prevent breaking and placing of blocks.
- Prevent dropping and picking up items, or dropping the armor.
- Options to let players only join with full health or hunger so they can't escape during fights.
- Options to save the players inventory when joining the lobby and restore afterwards.
- Paintball inventory is cleared when leaving the lobby.
- Turned off damage and starvation inside the lobby.
- Many things can be disabled if they create problems with your other plugins.
- Explosions do no damage to blocks.
- Only Paintball players receive the Paintball messages. Your other players will not get spammed.
Videos on Youtube!
A french plugin description and video can be found here:
Hint about version checking and stats collecting:
This plugin is checking dev.bukkit.org for new updates. This can be disabled in the config with the setting "Server.Version Check".
This plugin is also doing some periodically stats tracking to mcstats.org which helps me to determine how many servers are using it. This can be disabled with the setting "Server.Metrics".
And the plugin is also sending some stats to blablubbabc.de to maybe prepare for some kind of later serverlist (a list of paintball servers). Currently those data are only stored in a non-public mysql table on my server.
- This means that this plugin is sending some general information about the minecraftserver, like: ip-adress, port, servername, slots, motd, bukkit version, if server is in onlinemode and if it has whitelist enabled.
- And some information about paintball like: how many players already played paintball there and if it is an paintball-only server (autolobby enabled) and if the server admin wants the server to be listed at some kind of public server list later, when it is finished.
→Those data are currently only send once every reload.
→ For people who don't want to share these informations with me :( → you can en- and disable this in the serverlist config (plugins/Paintball/serverlist.yml) with the setting "post enabled"
For bug reports or fixes for common problems take a look at the Issues page.
Don't spam with your error here !
For a list of ideas and suggestions take a look at the Ideas page!
Feel free to leave a message here!
(How you like it, what you like most, what you like in no way. I'm interested in your opinion!)
A big "thank you" to everybody who is keeping my motivation up through donations!
If you like this plugin, don't spare the effort to any amount that you consider reasonable and/or leave a positive comment!
Usage conditions / License
Paintball Server Plugin for Minecraft
You can find the full license terms here: https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/paintball_pure_war/license
Those may be updated from time to time. In summary:
- Usage of this software is on own risk. I give no warranty in any kind that this software is working as intended.
- Modifications for personal use are mostly allowed. See the license for limitations on that. (Also note that the source code isn't publically available just yet. So actual modifications might be rather tricky currently.)
- Do not redistribute or publicly upload the plugin, with or without modifications. People are supposed to always download it for themselves from this page.
- Do not use for commercial purposes! This also applies to add-ons (other plugins or services for example) which are related or used in relation to this plugin! Examples: Don't sell any in-game currency that can be used related to paintball. Don't sell access, or prioritize paying players when joining paintball or the server running paintball. Make sure that your "donors" don't get any benefits such as abilities that can be used within the matches, or otherwise in relation with paintball.
Thank you for respecting these conditions!
If you have any questions on this feel free to contact me.
Ahh Ok thanks! The people on my server thought that they were different teams haha! Thanks I will tell them this. Is there any way to enable fall damage because I have a map that is highrise from mw2 which is way in the sky and when people fall off the edge the don't die they just walk around on the bottom and nobody can really find them or kill them? Thanks once again!
ahhh, now I understand...
Hmm, I will think about an option to let it display nothing then. This is shown right now:
NumberOfPlayers [RED][BLUE][RANDOM][SPECTATORS] / MinimumNeedPlayers
So if I remove the Green (random), the number of counted players wouldn't make sense anymore.. And as the team of the randoms are calculated at match start for the first time, I can't just remove the green part..
@blablubbabc Yes I know they can toggle the chat, but when they join the game they have the option of red or blue, but in the chat it shows  in red blue green and yellow. I was saying you should take out the green and yellow. Once again great plugin Thanks!
You can disable this in the config ;) Colored chatnames: true <- Set this to false.
The Feature with colored chatnames, makes some trouble at the moment if you use chatplugins. Bla is working on it, but every chat-plugin works different, so he couldn't fix it at all for the moment, there more important things to do ;D.
This is a known bug - they are tying to fix it
Im baaaack with another suggestion. When you are in a game, this is how you look when you are typing: <lbb601> lbb601 [message] Why are our names repeated twice? Just have it so our text is blue/red and our names are only said once.
If your players get confused by the colors/messages: let them try out the /pb toggle command - this stops recieving many paintball-messages for them.
Voting will take some time, but is already on the "ideas" list (check out the "ideas"-page)
Aaaaaand I will look into this "decimal thing".
Thank you for your feddback :)
Hi great plugin only a couple of suggestions. One add a decimal in the kd ratio for the stats. Another add Voting. Also remove the yellow and green colors in the chat when joining a game. It makes the people confused. But I can't say enough this is a great plugin. Plus I love that you are updating and adding new things every day
NEW version 1.0.5 finally got approved!
( after 2 long days, so I 've got 1.0.6 almost finished :/ :D)
Reload PEX, so it reloads the permissions and takes them into action.
I seem to be really bad with this plugin >.< Im using PEX and I've given the players
- paintball.general but they cant use /pb commands
hmm , I will add it to the ideas list, as it's a good idea. ;)
But to force a match end has some disadvantage: right now the stats will not change for the match, that was forced to an end. I thought it would be more "effective" to let paintball store the stats only 1 time after each match... But maybe I will change this, so it saves the stats (shots, hits and stuff) "real-time" ;)
Awesome, thanks :D
Sooo I need to set the PVP to true in the world I want it in?
yes! that's it ;)
in version 1.0.6 arenas will not be ready, if their spawns are in a world, with pvp=false ;)
Also you will get this info at the arena info then ;)
At least we now know, what the problem was ;)
There is nothing I could change at the moment, as bukkit just stop detecting snowball hits, when the world has pvp=false
Sorry, im rather busy, in the main world PVP = false in multiverse, would that be the problem?
It is 1.0.4 NOT pre. I couldnt figure out what i was doing that caused the bug but I had an idea. Perhaps in the config, put a configurable force match end so if the match hasnt ended in.... lets say 5 minutes then it will forcefully end the match. Of course each server is different for the players they have on it so larger servers will set that time higher and smaller servers can set it lower. You can just have it there until you completely fix the bug.
:/ 1.0.4 or 1.0.4Pre?
I hoped it would be fixed with 1.0.4 ... We weren't able to let this bug occur after I changed some things..
So please, create a new ticket with a more deteailed description, what exacatly you are doing, before the bug occurs (ste-by-step, information like how mayn people in each team, spectators, players leaving/quiting the server while in match or if they leave while in lobby, error-log, pvp-enabled at server/world, etc etc ) ;)
Then I will look into this again .. :(
Ok so I am in fact on 1.0.4 and the bug where the match doesn't end still happens.