Here is the full list of changes happening to Ships 6.
- Complete rework of the whole plugin
- SpongePowered release (alternative to Bukkit)
- Ships will be able to be much greater in size
- more options in config file - this will be explained later
Changes for developers:
- all previous plugins that used Ships 5 API will not work with Ships 6.
- Auto Pilot API will now be opened up - You can now program in your own paths for ships to follow
- Ships detection algorithm will now be opened up
- Ships moving algorithm will now be opened up
- Java 8 (Sponge is programmed in Java 8, meaning I can unleash the power to Ships)
- Will be able to read Ships 5 VesselData
- Will have a brand new block data move protocol for better support of moving blocks
- new block data move protocol is open to developers to work with