Ever PVP someone or PVE a mob and get no good loot? Feel like you deserve a trophy for your victory? Want a simpler alternative to bigger plugins that implement everything but the kitchen sink? Then PlayerHeads is right for you! You can now lop off enemies heads in battle, and mount it on a pole for all to fear, wear your opponent's face as a mask like camouflage, or just collect all of the mob heads.
Place PlayerHeads.jar in your plugins folder, on server start the configuration will be generated. Remember to remove any outdated playerheads jars when adding the new one.
If you can't be bothered to read the rest of this page, then just watch this video by Awesome_Soul:
Portuguese (Português) video: http://youtu.be/OqhI_oIGPWo
German (Deutsch) video: http://youtu.be/ijEws5yjo6Y
Server: aztecmc.org (rare drops are enabled for mob and player-heads)
- PlayerHeads is now translatable! Edit "lang.properties" to whatever phrases you desire.
- lang files will change between releases, when updating be sure to delete the old file if you haven't edited it.
- If you've given people the * permission node, they will get 100% drop rates. If you don't want this to happen, deny (or add negative) nodes for the following: playerheads.alwaysbehead and playerheads.alwaysbeheadmob
- If you want to disable head drops in a specific world, use your permission plugin to deny (or add negative) nodes for the following in that world: playerheads.canbehead and playerheads.canbeheadmob
- If you have any problem using "lang_[language]_[country]_[variant].properties" for any reason, just use the file name "lang.properties" to override messages.
- Spawn mob heads with the following names: #creeper #zombie #skeleton #wither #spider #enderman #enderdragon ... (any many more!)
- Renamed heads (with an anvil) don't stay renamed after placing, mining, dropping them.
- If for any reason your mob heads loose their name, you can get it back by placing and mining it.
- If you use the plugin on a 1.8-1.12.2 server, you should read about some notes here as well.
- If you use the BountyHunters plugin and you have enabled head drops for bounties as well as player head drops from PlayerHeads, both will be dropped - for now, you should disable one or the other. Alternative solutions are being looked at.
- If you use JPerms, users with Op or playerheads.* permission will receive playerheads.alwaysbehead[mob] permissions and have 100% droprate since PlayerHeads permissions nodes are ignored. It's recommended to use another permissions plugin if this is a concern (LuckPerms, PermissionsEX, GroupManager).
Development builds of this project can be acquired at the provided continuous integration servers. These builds have not been approved by the BukkitDev staff. Use them at your own risk.
https://ci.meme.tips/job/PlayerHeads (upstream)/ (selected major changes only)
https://ci.meme.tips/job/PlayerHeads-5.x/ (rapid changes and work-in-progress)
Sourcecode / API documentation
We've included the entire sourcecode via github:
Third-party plugin-developers can view the PlayerHeads API documentation at the following link: https://crashdemons.github.io/PlayerHeads/
Current versions of the plugin have been tested as compatible on the following server environments:
- Spigot/Paper 1.8-1.12.2
- Spigot/Paper 1.13-1.15.2
- Spigot/Paper 1.16-1.16.5 (partial support with v5.2.8, full support with v5.2.9+)
Server environments that are known to be incompatible:
- Glowstone 1.12 (only partial support is available)
Support should exist for any modern bukkit server with access to authlib which is needed to set textures.
Legacy version notes:
- 5.x drops support for older usernamed-based mobheads (3.x), fixing some longstanding issues with spawn commands; uses vanilla and texured heads exclusively (4.x)
- 4.x introduces new, more reliable support for head textures, more configuration options, updated mobs, and more consistent permission behavior and will continue to receive updates in the future - some older configurations may be incompatible (see the changelog and Configuration page). This version automatically upgrades 3.x heads to 4.x when breaking or dropping heads.
- 3.x maintains the original behavior of the plugin with username-based mobheads, but head skins may be less reliable over time and support has been discontinued.
Legacy version documentation: changelog, configuration, permissions.
Some heads turned steve head (plugin is last version)
When using Playerheads v5.2.19 I had an issue where players with either playerheads.alwaysbehead or playerheads.* ended up having 0 head drops whatsoever, however the plugin functions fine for those without these permission nodes.
In my test I increased the drop rate to 20% and without these nodes could get a head every now and then, however after adding either/both of these nodes it completely removed head drops altogether. I don't think this is a conflicting plugin issue since I tried it on 2 separate servers (with different plugins but not without any plugins whatsoever, but I can do this if its needed) I was using 1.19 purpur build and with ProtocolLibs latest build.
Thanks very much!
Goat heads seem broken. They don't drop, and on giving myself one it seems to be wearing sunglasses...
In reply to MithrandirMage:
I'm not able to reproduce this at all. When I have permission to behead mobs and the goat droprate is increased (to 0.5 for testing), I get a goat head about half the time from killing it.
Regarding giving yourself the head, you must use /ph spawn #mobname (/ph spawn #goat) - if you use /ph spawn goat, you will get the head for a player named Goat (the sunglasses one)
Please note you must be using 5.2.19 in order to receive goat head drops.
In reply to crashdemons:
heads up, there is no issue.
it took me a while, but at 1% drop rate I finally got a goat head.
as for the command, yeah, my mistake.
I think I'm having some problems, I don't seem to be collecting mob heads at all now, my friends on the server can kill around 20 mobs and get that head however i kill around 50-60 and there are no drops to be seen.
While using this plugin on a 1.18.2 server, my friends can place down a head (mob or player), and when breaking this head with any tool or hand, it drops 2 heads instead (duplicates).
Is this a known issue? What can I do to solve it?
Thanks in advance!!
In reply to FinalBossDany:
Hello, this is a common conflict with certain protection and head plugins.
Could you try the solutions in Frequently Asked Question #10 and let me know if that helps?
In reply to crashdemons:
First of all, thank you ALOT for the fast reply, and I'm really sorry that I took so long to get back to you. I really appreciate that you replied to my comment.
The problem was solved by using "/ph config set pretestblockbreak false".
Have an awesome day!
hey would anything in the head plug in cause mobs and animals to drop heads in the player head plug in
In reply to liqhtu:
like and exploit?
In reply to liqhtu:
Could you provide more information about the issue you're having and which exact plugins you are using? This was not clear to me.
Conflicts between different plugins are common, and sometimes the issue can be solved by small changes to the configuration of either plugin.
This plugin ("PlayerHeads") allows beheading both mobs and players by default. If you would like you disable its addition of mob head drops, you can set the drop rate of the mobs to -1 (for vanilla behavior) or 0 (for no head drop) using the configuration file or the configuration commands (see the linked text).
Is there a way within the config to make it so that only Mods are allowed to use the /playerhead command because as of now my highest paid rank can and I dont know how to remove that.
In reply to FurFoxSake22:
the command isn't given to anyone by default with the exception of people with server operator role. If you use a permissions plugin (for example LuckPerms) you can assign or deny permissions for the command to people.
Generally people with restricted permissions should not be server op though.
The full list of permissions can be found here: https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/player-heads/pages/permissions-4x
In reply to crashdemons:
Right there not op-ed which is why I'm super confused. I gave the permission to mods only just in case but for some reason it still allows My highest rank to do so even though the weight is vastly different of the two tiers.
In reply to FurFoxSake22:
I don't see any reason that would be the case. I'm also not able to reproduce it in my tests.
Could you provide some information to help me troubleshoot the issue?
- Your server version string (using /version)
- The specific version of PlayerHeads (using /version PlayerHeads)
- The name of the permissions plugin you are using and its version
- Any relevant permission assignments to the roles (containing "playerheads")
- Short description of the relevant roles and their inheritances (if any)
If any of this is sensitive information, feel free to message me.
Hey! I love this plugin, but I do have one annoyance: I can't fully remove the lores on the head. I can set it to display nothing, but it still creates a new line for the lores :/
In reply to MainBaze:
Have you tried disabling the addlore setting?
/ph config set addlore false
This was added in version v4.6
Does this work okay on 1.18?
In reply to jakey1995abc:
I haven't had any issues in 1.18 or 1.18.1 using the newest release or the newest developement build.