DeathlyIceDragon will now be maintaining this plugin.
This plugin adds the ability to pick doors, chests, furnaces, trapdoors, fence gates and dispensers with a "lock-pick" item. This plugin will not lock any of these items - it just provides players with a method to circumvent them.
In Game Usage
Players just need to be holding the lock-pick item in their hand and right click on a chest or a door to try to pick the lock. If the pick is successful, the door or chest will open.
- Should work with any locking plugin (tested with LWC, Lockette, BukkitInventoryTools, Deadbolt)
- Supports permissions (allowlockpicking.canpick) - defaults to ops
- Configurable lock-pick item (allows multiple lock-picks)
- Configurable messages
- Configurable chance of success
- Option to lose lock-pick on use or just failure
- Configurable damage dealt on failure
- Teleport player to a location on failure (like Jail)
- Run a command automatically on failure (like /report)
- Does not prevent other locking plugins from displaying their messages if something is supposed to be locked but the user bypasses it.
Download the jar and place the plugin into your folder. Run the server to generate the files that will let you configure the plugin.
Commands / Permissions
A list of all commands and their permissions can be found here.
Information about the configuration files can be viewed here.
The full change log can be found here.
If you're upgrading from pre 2.0, you will need to reconfigure the plugin
- Removed Spout Support
- Removed Towny Support
- Removed Bukkit Inventory tools Support
- Fixed minor errors reported
- Updated compatibility with ChestShop and hopefully LWC
- Added ability to prevent things inside towns from being picked (with Towny)
- Fixed error with ChestShops being null
- If you are upgrading to this version, I recommend you delete your config because you will need to reconfigure everything.
- Major upgrade to the plugin, view the full change log for all of the changes.
looks like a great plugin, and exactly what i'm looking for on my server, will you be releasing an update for 1.8+ ? i'd really love to use it.
Not working on 1.7.9 with LWC, for anyone who's looking into trying this.
Really nice plugin, helped me a lot. Thanx!
Update plugin please. Can't set multiple picks that work. The first one will work but any following after have no effect even tho they show on /lockpick.
Using the Skript plugin I wrote a script file that denies default users from using the command /alp protect region I was having an issue on my server with people protecting their entire factions without cost. I charge users in-game money to use /alp protect command through booscooldowns plugin, but they figured out they can do entire regions. Until the dev modifies the plugin permissions here's a hotfix for anyone that's interested. Sorry in advance bukkit admins for posting this but I think it would help others.
Install the Skript Plugin -Place alpprotect.sk in the Folder Skript/scripts Dropbox Download and reload. Under this config only op can /alp protect region
Could you change /alp protect region and /alp region list to only work under the admin permission? Thanks :)
Every time I add lockpicks and do /reload or restart the server, the lockpicks in the lockpick.csv file disappears. Anyway to fix this?
Please update! i can't add lockpicks!
is it possible that it can break the lockette sign???? PLZZZ UPDATE THAT!
now i have a lockpick created but it wont take of the sign of lockette what you need to do to add a lockpick is:
copy and paste this in your lockpick.csv(edit with notepad
spawnegg doesnt work anymore
how do i add LockPicks: i would like to ad spawneggs ID:383:0
Staff edit: merged posts.
estimated time of arrival of update in.. ?
Awesome, but could you add a feature where when somebody picks a lock, they leave behind a trace that the victim can use to find out who the thief is?
For my RPG-ish server, I want the victim to be able to hire assassins to get revenge.
I will get to work on using a standard 'Config.yml' insted of .csv
Duh, of course... but where can you configure the chance of success? It should be in lockpicks.csv, but I dont see it.
Is there compatibility w/ HawkEye?
I did make an lock item, but it's not loading... I tried to reload AllowLockPicking several times.
Help me? :c
Im having the same problem, I don't know how to make a certain item a lockpick. Any help?
Can you help me? How to add lockpick item? When I restart server to load new config, file lockpicks.csv restore settings.
1.5.1 update???? i dont think its working for 1.5.1
great concept, Would it be possible to add a skill mechanic for this, something like lvl 1 success rate is 3% with a 5% chance to increase experience X experience required to increase in level.
Something more rp oriented I guess is what I'm looking for, Look forward to future updates.