TerrainControl is an advanced world generator. Through various configuration files it gives the user control over almost every aspect of Minecraft terrain generation, with no knowledge of Java required. It can be used on Bukkit or Forge servers and on singleplayer with Forge. TerrainControl is the successor to the old PhoenixTerrainMod, which was based on the popular BiomeTerrainMod.
- Control horizontal and vertical noise of terrain generation
- Control terrain height and volatility per biome
- Generating biome maps from images
- Control the size of biomes, islands and continents
- Custom biomes
- Many options for caves, canyons
- Control vanilla structures like mineshafts, strongholds and villages
- Full control of ores, plants, dungeons, ponds and many more
- Custom trees and other objects (BO2 and BO3)
- Block replacement
- Visual settings like custom foliage colors (TerrainControl client required)
...and many more!
Also check out the showcase thread in our forums!
How to use
TerrainControl is more complex than most Bukkit plugins, so it may take a while to get into - but the results are worth it. If you want to create your own world, be sure to check our documentation. If you have done some reading and still have problems using TerrainControl, just post to our forums and we'll try to figure it out.
- TerrainControl User Interface
- BetterBOB for creating custom objects
- Notepad ++ for easier editing of config files
- Minutor for viewing generated maps
- Eihort for viewing your generated maps
- WorldBorder for pregenerating your map
|Active staff||hack to display table correctly|
|Rutger Kok||Bug fixing|
|Bucyruss||Creator of the BiomeTerrainMod|
|R-T-B||Creator of PhoenixTerrainMod|
|More contributors on GitHub|
|Users contributing to the wiki are found here|
You'll always find the newest approved stable builds here. As of 2.4, the files will work on both Bukkit and Forge servers (without the need of something like MCPC+) and on singleplayer with Forge. Installation instructions can be found here.
You can find all user-created world configurations, biomes and custom objects that are currently available here.
Important - please do not post your questions in the comments section below, head to the forums instead! We do not answer questions here as it would only result in chaos. Feel free to use the wall for general comments!
- Date created
- Oct 27, 2011
- Last update
- May 17, 2013
- Development stage
- SpoutDev License v.1
- Curse link
- Terrain Control
- Recent files