Terrain Control

BO3-Tweaks

• 18 posts
    #1 Feb 21, 2013 at 12:06 UTC - 2 likes

And friend of mine, created with me this little helper for our BO3 objects.

It can easily Modify the Blocks in a BO3.

It is (relatively) easy to use, but as it is a console application it needs some Typing.

First you enter the Filename of your BO3, if its not in the same folder you need to specify the Absolute or Relative path. (with the file extension)
    e.g.: Dungeon.bo3

Next you specify the first filter:
    It Asks for 1 (Block) or 2 (RandomBlock) or 0 to search for all, RandomBlock or Block
    So you Return wich you like to modify.
    Next you specify the second filter:
    You need to Write down the exact Material code, this is Case Sensitive, and includes (with setting RandomBlock) the whole pack of Blocks.
    e.g. SMOOTH_BRICK:0,50,SMOOTH_BRICK:1,40,SMOOTH_BRICK:2,100

Next it sums up your Search Criteria and shows you the string wich is searched for. Now you have to choose what to Edit,
    first you may Replace the "Block" or "RandomBlock" Again with: 1,2 or 0 to leave it.

Next you may Modify the MaterialString. and Again just 0 to leave it how it is.

And Finaly you may choose a chance to Modify a Block, this makes it Random if he changes a Line. For example a Chance of 50 would Change only 50% of the Blocks found. To make it more Random. A Value of 100 will still change everything.

And Lastly you need to choose an Offset for each Coordinate. This will Offset ALL blocks, not only the ones searched for.
    If you dont wish to Shift your Object, just input 0 for each Coordinate

And to sum it up you get another Summary what the Tool wants to do.
    The SearchFilter, the Replacement String aswell as the Offset.
    You just need to type 1 to Run or 0 to Return to the beginning.

Download:
    Download BO3_Tweaks.exe

PS:
    If this tool finds a good demand, my Friend said he could make a GUI and improve on the Features.

Last edited Oct 25, 2013 by LanToaster
    #2 Feb 21, 2013 at 19:29 UTC - 0 likes

@LanToaster: Go

Quote:

You don't have the permission to access the requested resource. It is either read-protected or not readable by the server.

If you find this to be in error, please notify the administrators.

I'm guessing that's their crackdown on download links (or something). You might need to make a web page and link that instead.

Also, what's this tool written in?

Last edited Feb 21, 2013 by Hangar

I play with fun adults late at night :)

#3 Feb 21, 2013 at 22:02 UTC - 1 like

The Tool is written in C
    so only Windows, i think.

The Files are on my Server, i didnt know that Bukkit thinks the file is hostet here if i dont make a http: infront of it. :) Fixed the links

#4 Mar 01, 2013 at 11:14 UTC - 0 likes

Added this tool to the BO3 page of the wiki. This thread probably also needs to be stickied, but it is getting quite busy on top of the first page.

Bukkit is essentially dead. Spigot will be updated to 1.8. Sponge is being cooked up. Terrain Control, BO3Tools and BetterEnderChest will all be usable on both Sponge (may only be on the Forge variant of Sponge) and Spigot 1.8.

#5 Mar 01, 2013 at 12:05 UTC - 1 like

Thanks,

but to not take more Credit than i deserve, could you write on the Wiki: "From Elzaar and LanToaster" as he did the most work. :)

Last edited Mar 01, 2013 by LanToaster
    #6 Mar 01, 2013 at 12:40 UTC - 0 likes

Done. :)

#7 Aug 08, 2013 at 11:37 UTC - 0 likes

Hi there. I'm probably can't edit my bo3 object. i tryed to skip all steps untill blocks shifting page, then 0 , -3 , 0 , start (1) and... nothing. I've got output file in same directory of original object and it's empty. Just empty! So i've tryed to affect all blocks there:

"And Finaly you may choose a chance to Modify a Block, this makes it Random if he changes a Line. For example a Chance of 50 would Change only 50% of the Blocks found. To make it more Random. A Value of 100 will still change everything."

also selected -3 for y coordinate in last step and still... nothing. just nothing happens. My original bo3 object is still not modified, output is empty and nothing happens. Anyway - thanks for this tool, it's mighty maybe, but i can't use it :) And yes - GUI version is really would be great!

#8 Aug 08, 2013 at 18:19 UTC - 1 like

You need to Write in the Exact Filename. With the Extension. For Example, your Object is: Tree.bo3
    Then you need to write exactly Tree.bo3
    Or Else it will just process an nonexistant file, and Create an Empty Output.

If your Output name differs from the Input fille (with Exception of the "_output") you mistyped when selecting the Object.

#9 Sep 09, 2013 at 02:28 UTC - 0 likes

Can this tool add blocks underneath the bottom most layer of blocks in a bo3? For example, in the old bo2's you could specific underFill=True and automatically fill underneath the bo2 with more terrain so you didn't have floating objects that spawned on hill sides.

#10 Sep 10, 2013 at 09:53 UTC - 1 like

No, but you can Shift your Object several Blocks down. So it Starts below the Spawning Point.
    It is just Intended to Move and Randomize your Object. And/Or replace Blocks.

#11 Sep 10, 2013 at 21:38 UTC - 0 likes

Thanks for the reply. If your friend is interested in updating the program this would be a nice to have feature! The reason I cannot shift these objects down a couple blocks is because they are trees with roots going out of the base, and the roots wouldn't be visible if they were sunk one or two blocks lower. On top of that it wouldn't solve the problem of them hanging over the edges of the biome where the terrain goes up rapidly. This is an example of what I'm talking about:

http://i.imgur.com/xjVB5Iu.jpg

So I think I'm just going to have to go through and add the dirt in by hand. I generated these from the bo3 bukkit plugin but cant go back and redo them now.

#12 Sep 10, 2013 at 23:15 UTC - 1 like
    Quote:

If your friend is interested in updating the program this would be a nice to have feature!

Its much Easier to make the BO3 file with BO3 Tools from Rutger, it can Export all the Neccessary stuff. The Only thing wich cant be done is to Replace Random Blocks. And this can be done with this tool.

Quote:

I generated these from the bo3 bukkit plugin but cant go back and redo them now.

Why not?

You can (and Should if you are aiming for nice looking Trees) just Spawn the Tree with the "/tc Spawn" Comand, add some Blockchecks, where your Tree needs to be on Ground aand Export it again. Then your Tree dont spawn if its not touching the Ground completly.

#13 Sep 11, 2013 at 16:28 UTC - 0 likes

Because /tc spawn gives me the following error: "Object not found, use '/tc list' to list the available ones." I've tried several of the objects and all of them show up in "/tc list". Yes I have spelled them correctly and yes I am using case sensitive, I have even copy pasted the names to make sure they are right.

#14 Sep 11, 2013 at 16:46 UTC - 0 likes

@chuiu: Go

The world you're on has to have terrain control set as the generator in order for /tc spawn to work.

#15 Sep 15, 2013 at 05:19 UTC - 0 likes

Ah, I see! Thanks, now I can tweak all my bo3's to look much better without having to drudge through the text file.

#16 Oct 23, 2013 at 13:23 UTC - 0 likes

The link to the .exe appears to be broken, would anyone care to link me to another place to download it?

#17 Oct 23, 2013 at 14:06 UTC - 0 likes

@Epicmarkvan: Go

Hi,
    here we go:
    DOWNLOAD
    ("bo3_tweaks.exe" / .zip file / 16 kb)
    Bye

Last edited Oct 23, 2013 by mysource
    #18 Oct 25, 2013 at 11:11 UTC - 1 like

I also Fixed the Download Link in my Post. Sorry for that, I moved my Website, and iam still in Progress of Recoding the Entire thing, so the Downloads folder was not yet Moved.

• 18 posts

You must login to post a comment. Don't have an account? Register to get one!