chest / doublechest / furnace / dispenser / brewingstand / etc
can be looted by every player
Set the forget-time, so players can loot it again later.
See the Features list, for a full list of features.
How-To's | Commands | Permissions | Source Code | Issues
Check out this video (old version), to get an idea of what this plugin can do:
- Normal Treasure: You see the items when you open it for the first time
- Unlimited Treasure: You see the items when you open it every time
(dispensers/droppers can dispense/drop unlimitedly)
- Random Treasure: You see a random selection of the items. Can also be unlimited!
- Shared Treasure: Instead of having a personal inventory for every player, all players share the same treasure inventory.
- Forget-Time: You can access a treasure again... after the forget-time has passed.
- Custom messages: (found first time, found again, is unlimited)
- Some treasures are for some ranks.
- Create Treasure Groups to perform operations on a bunch of treasures at once!
- Add special rewards:
- Money using Vault
- Experience, Health, Hunger, Air
- Potion effects!
- Fly for some time
- Spawn mobs in a region! Or exp bottles or whatever
- Teleport to a region
- Create explosion at some location
- Place redstone torch at some location
- Restore a region using WorldEdit's snapshots
- Execute a command... normally, or let console execute it, or make player OP for a sec.
- Broadcast a list of messages
- Bankrobber, cannot be looted, until looter is killed
- TODO: Permission reward
- TODO: Lightning reward
- TODO: Fireworks reward
- Score reward
- You can't access Treasure Chests that are protected by other plugins.
Unless you use the
- You can't break, burn or blow up Treasure Chests.
Unless you use the
- Players always see a personal "fake inventory" to prevent others from stealing.
This "fake inventory" is temporary. So don't expect something like a private chest.
- Players also see a "fake inventory" with shared treasures. But it's not personal. First come, first serve!
- Use the
peekcommand to open the real inventory.
- Use lower-case letters, in the configuration and permissions. Also see the How-To page.
- Fix issues if there are any.
- Add features when issues are fixed.
That scares me. I think I've heard this before.
The real solution would be to optimize my code to create less objects etc. I think. But you can solve this by allocating more memory to the bukkit server.
Here is how you do it. https://forums.bukkit.org/threads/assigning-more-ram-to-a-server-guide.1432/ Long story short... and from the top of my head... you need to edit your batch file. Change this -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M to something like this -Xms2GB -Xmx2GB or something similar.
I hope this works for you.
You're right, we lack a command like forget-all-chests [player]
Weeeirrd. I'm gonna ignore this for now XD
You can use %player% or @p Somebody said this does not work, but I don't believe him. See the related issue here: https://github.com/Mtihc/TreasureChest/issues/77
As _Wanderer said: Does it produce an error in Console when the server crashes?
Yes, there's an issue with signs on a treasure. See the related issue here: https://github.com/Mtihc/TreasureChest/issues/67 Thank you for your comment regardless!!!
@Wolf2323 You can't do anything about that atm. There has been a similar request here: https://github.com/Mtihc/TreasureChest/issues/62
My server is also crashing frequently, and at least part of it seems to stem from treasurechest. It seems to happen after I have been in the world for a while. Upon starting up, everything works fine. Then after playing for a while with no issues, I open a tchest and bam! cpu spikes to 100% and crashes. The errors I am seeing in console at time of crash is:
i have a question. When someone open a chest and he cant collect the items (his inventory is full) and he come later back the chest is empty. Can i change this?
found an bug:
I created a TChest in front of a wall. Chest works fine, but when i put a sign on the wall, "the block above the chest", don't send messages, no times inside! Chest opens like a normal chest, but doesn't work as a TChest.
I am also running the latest Dev build of Craftbukkit 1.7.2 and the latest version of TreasureChest. I am not experiencing the same issue. The plugin appears to work fine in all ways, including when I use /tchest del.
I recommend making sure it is TreasureChest crashing your server and not some other plugin that is interfering with the TreasureChest command. Does it produce an error in Console when the server crashes? Which permissions are you using?
when using /tchest del my server crashes... i'm using the latest craftbukkit beta of 1.7.2, and the lates tc
Is there such a thing as a variable for this plugin? i.e. if I want the console to run a command on the player that opens the chest, but it needs to specify the playername, could it?>
like; command_to_run %player
Double correction: It was only the default messages that didn't work, custom ones did. However it kicked in when I placed the second chest, when deleting and re-creating my first that started to work as well O o
Running bukkit 1.7.2 beta. Seems to work fine but no messages are displayed for the user when opening a chest, is this expected behavior or could it be a clash with some other plugin? No console errors =)
That's what I thought it did too. That command actually just makes all players forget a chest that the person is looking at when typing the command. There is no command to make a player forget all chests on the server.
I haven't used this plugin in a while but I do recall a forget-all command for a player though so I'm pretty sure that's what you're looking for :)
Any idea how we can have custom colors work with the plugin, when I add a color when it is saved the & turns to a ?
Hey! I've been a longtime fan of this plugin since it first came out. Is there any chance of you adding a feature that resets all of the chests a player has found for that player? For example, /tchest delete <player> will remove their .yml file (or remove everything in it).
Try Permissions ex... Ant
Could any one help me with permissions through a PM? I'm a bit newer to server hosting.
Upcoming holiday, i will be updating TreasureChest (if not sooner)
Thanks for your patience
Hmm you probably need to give them permission:
First I would like to thank you for your hard work. This is an AMAZING MOD! Secondly I would like to say that I'm a bit of a scrub and was having issues setting up permissions. By default all non /op players are unable to interact with /tchest chests. how can I go about setting so all normal players can access the contents.
getting a error on 1.7.2 http://pastebin.com/i7WBXrdY caused by treasure chest