The worlds rotation is slowing, We must move underground to Survive!
Solar Apocalypse is a survival game, to make mine craft even harder! The mod destroys all plant and animal life on the surface over a span of 4 days. Players are forced to move underground and try to survive as long as they can.
Natural looking Destruction and Regrowth
- World Changes to a fiery or frozen wasteland.
- All exposed plant life dies off.
- Biomes Change to desert during the day and tundra at night.
- The world can be slowly restored with the regrow system a few blocks at a time.
Day GamePlay Mechanics
- Lava balls fall from the sky
- Anything exposed to Sun Light will burst into flames.
- Colored glass can protect from the suns death rays.
Night GamePlay Mechanics
- Players and Animals take cold damage when away from heat sources (lights) even under ground!
- Full Leather armor can keep players warm underground, but not outside.
- Players can see there breath when they are getting too far from the light.
- Snow Piles up to form huge drifts.
- Super lighting storms strike without warning.
- The time length of Day, Night and Dusk/Dawn can be independently increased, decreased or skipped entirely.
- Players can right click a clock for info about whats going on and how much time is left.
- You can destroy as many worlds as you like in many different ways.
- Destruction pauses if no players are in the world
Fully Customizable World Config
- Each world can have its own config separate config file.
- Plugin config file.
- The World's Config File can be modified for new types of gameplay.
- Share your Config files on the forums!
- /apocadmin -plugins help
- /apocadmin [worldName] Start - Starts Solar Apocalypse on [worldName]
- /apocadmin [worldName] Stop - Stops Solar Apocalypse
- For More Advanced commands Click Here
How To Install and run
- Download the plugin
- Place the .jar file in your plugins directory.
- Run the server.
- To start a game type "/ApocAdmin world start" where world is the name of the world you want to destroy!
- Enjoy the game!
- type "/ApocAdmin world stop" to stop.
SolarApocalypse.ApocAdmin access to the /ApocAdmin command
- Will this work with the newest Bukkit / Minecraft version
- yes, if you find a problem open a ticket.
I welcome any help or suggestions! Please Use ticked system for bugs and new ideas!
does that patcher work for 1.14? if not is a 1.14 version ever gonna be made?
For everyone who wants to play this miningame on their 1.12 servers:
This plugin is not anymore compatible with Minecraft 1.12. I created a patcher to make it compatible with the version 1.9 or higher which can be downloaded from here https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/solar-apocalypse-patcher-1-9-1-12-2.32970/
Not compatible with 1.9.x How should I do?
SolarApocalypse v2.3.4 generated an exception java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: ICE_PLAINS at info.nothingspecial.SolarApocalypse.BlockChangeHandler.ChangeBiome(BlockChangeHandler.java:486) [?:?] at info.nothingspecial.SolarApocalypse.BlockChangeHandler.RainofDoom(BlockChangeHandler.java:242) [?:?] at info.nothingspecial.SolarApocalypse.BlockChangeHandler.ChunkDestroyer(BlockChangeHandler.java:203) [?:?] at info.nothingspecial.SolarApocalypse.ApocalypseContoler.run(ApocalypseContoler.java:228) [?:?] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_9_R1.scheduler.CraftTask.run(CraftTask.java:71) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Spigot-a1b8bf3-f01861f] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_9_R1.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:350) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Spigot-a1b8bf3-f01861f] at net.minecraft.server.v1_9_R1.MinecraftServer.D(MinecraftServer.java:729) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Spigot-a1b8bf3-f01861f] at net.minecraft.server.v1_9_R1.DedicatedServer.D(DedicatedServer.java:400) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Spigot-a1b8bf3-f01861f] at net.minecraft.server.v1_9_R1.MinecraftServer.C(MinecraftServer.java:660) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Spigot-a1b8bf3-f01861f] at net.minecraft.server.v1_9_R1.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:559) [craftbukkit.jar:git-Spigot-a1b8bf3-f01861f] at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_77] [08:39:33] [Server thread/WARN]: [SolarApocalypse] Task #2 for
I released an patcher to make it work again on 1.9 or newer.
Does this plugin still get updates or support??
Can you wear a certain type of armor to walk around outside during the day?
Also when there is a lamp it does not warm people up.
There is a bug where people and mobs go invisible for a short time.
Was wondering where you find the mod its self for 1.8 or if you have to run it on a server?
I made a dome out of light blue stained glass around the area I wanted to preserver and it has a bunch of trees inside it and trees on the outside. When the trees on the outside catch fire, the trees next to them on the inside also catch fire even though there is coloured glass in between them. I don't know if this is a bug or if I am doing something wrong. I also made sure there is no breach in the dome but everything still catches on fire.
You commented on solar apocalypse 4 as a regular person. Did you know it would lead to this?
@Splated I was wondering if there's a link to the source code somewhere or if i could use/look at it?
thats part of the mod to slow down time.
please it fixes times the time stands still for me the sun bugt back repeatedly
I would guess its a Spigot problem. The plugin my be trying to affect unloaded chunks that are marked as loaded.
No players are needed on the server for it to occur. I should also note that I used Spigot 1.8.3 at the time.
The regrow system creates a new copy of your world (using the same world seed). and uses it to figure out what was there (biome tree etc) before solar apoc wrecked it.
When the error happens are there player on the server?
I have never used or tested, Spigot with this plugin. its a miracle that it runs with spigot at all. You can create tickets for the problems and if I can figure out the error from the logs I'll try to fix it but I have no plans to support spigot at this time.
The moment I turned off keeping spawn chunks in memory for a world with apocalypse enabled, my logs apparently started getting spammed with this: http://pastebin.com/Czu16AGt
Since I'm here, how does the regrow system work? Do I just turn off apocalypse for a world..?
We are loving this plugin on our server. Only probelm we have is that it seems to mess up our mcmmo scoreboards? And we can't figure out why. Mcmmo works perfectly when SolarApoc plugin isn't on there.
We are using Spigot 1.8.3