Each player can have a main class and a subclass. Use
/class list or (
/classes) to display a list of available classes. and then
/class [name] or
/class sub [name] to select a main or sub-class.
Switching class before reaching mastery will loose any accumulated XP. Mastery is achieved at level 150 (or whatever is set in the main config).
/plugins/LegendQuest/classes/ folder contains the available classes for selection.
Each class config file looks like this.
name: Warlord description: "Veteran fighter hails from the frigid Northlands" longdescription: "Because one class always hails from the frigid northlands... (Long live Kol!)" chattag: "[W]" frequency: 100 default: false perm: mycustomperm.forwarlord mainclassonly: true subclassonly: false requires: fighter requiresOne: - fighter - rouge speedmod: 0.1 healthmod: 5 healthperlevel: 0.3 manaBonus: 10 manaPerSecond: 1.0 manaPerLevel: 0.1 statmods: str: 2 dex: 1 int: 0 wis: 0 con: 1 chr: 0 allowedRaces: - ANY allowedGroups: - ANY allowedArmour: - leatherarmour - ironarmour - chainarmour - diamondarmour allowedWeapons: - ANY allowedTools: - irontools - woodtools - stonetools disallowedWeapons: - BOW allowCrafting: true allowSmelting: false allowBrewing: false allowEnchanting: false allowRepairing: true allowTaming: false disallowedCrafting: - BOW disallowedEnchanting: - BOW disallowedRepairing: - BOW skillPoints: 10 skillPointsPerLevel: 0.1 xpAdjustKill: 20.0 xpAdjustMine: -10.0 xpAdjustSmelt: 5.0 skills: dodge: level: 0 cost: 5 vars: soakchance: 60.0 soak: 2 dodgemod: 5 brawler: level: 1 cost: 0 vars: damage: 5 chance: 75.5 weaponmaster: skillname: SwordMaster vars: chance: 90.5 damag: 5 weapons: "WOOD_SWORD,STONE_SWORD,IRON_SWORD,GOLD_SWORD,DIAMOND_SWORD" levels: 10: hp: 5 50: dex: 1 hp: 5 100: hp: 5 mana: 5 sp: 5 manaregen: 2.5 allowarmour: CHAINMAIL_BOOTS allowcraft: BOOTS
Here's what all the parts do.
- The name of the class. e.g. Fighter, Mage, Miner, Mercenary
- A brief description of the class e.g. "Warlord combat class"
- A long description of the class e.g. "Combat heavy warrior favouring large defence over damage"
- A shorter name to use in chat prefixes. Omit to just use the full class name.
- How common this class is. Used when randomly selecting a class for example an NPC add on.
- The class that players begin as. Usually used to define a holding class for new players till they change.
- The permissions node required to select this class.
- These settings control the selection of classes. Any classes list in in
requiresmust be mastered to choose this class, allowing for class progression. If
requiresOnecontains any classes then /one/ of them must be mastered first.
allowedGroups control which races are permitted for each class. Groups allows you to easily set multiple races easily.
- Speed modifier added to the base speed.
- HP bonus added once to the base health level.
- HP bonus added per level to the races HP.
- The bonus mana added to race mana used to power skills.
- The amount of mana regained per second. This is in addition to the
- Each stat modifies the base star for the player. This is cumulative with race modifiers. Players have a random statline based on their uuid, or all 12s depending on the server config. Each stat effect attribute checks for various elements. For example strength (STR) effects damage, dexterity( DEX) effects hitting/dodging, constitution (CON) hitpoints, intelligence (INT) skill points, wisdom (WIS) enchanting and Charisma (CHR) trading.
- Sets whether the race can use a craft bench, both 2x2 or 3x3 blocked.
- Sets whether the class can use a furnace
- Sets whether this class can brew potions.
- Sets whether the class can enchant items.
- Sets whether this class can use an anvil.
- Sets whether this class can tame animals
- If the allow ability nodes are true, these lists can be used to exclude specific items or groups.
- A list of groups that this race is a member of. This is used to group races together when setting permissions for classes.
- The starting number of skill points for this race.
- Number of skill points extra per level.
- These sections set the allowed and disallowed items for each class by material.
By default each item is disallowed unless named as allowed in a race or class. Items marked as disallowed get the final say, prevent use/wearing even is allowed by a different class or race. The data.yml file lists groups of materials that you can refer to for groups.
For example, this above config example allows leather and chain armour, but then disallows BOOTS. Meaning that Hobbits can never wear Boot type around even if a class would later allow.
- Percentage modifier to apply to all experience from kills
- Percentage modifier to apply to all experience from mining
- Percentage modifier to apply to all experience from smelting
- See the skills section for more information on how this section is configured.
- The levels section allows you to give specific 'rewards' at levels of your choice.
- you can use the following nodes
hp: health points.
sp: skill points.
mana: mana points
manregen: extra mana regeneration
[str|dex|con|int|wis|chr]: extra stat points
allow[craft|repair|smelt|brew|enchant|tame|weapon|tool|armour]: allow access to a material for the chosen core ability
disallow[craft|repair|smelt|brew|enchant|tame|weapon|tool|armour]: disallow access to a material for the chosen core ability