Extra Hard Mode
Extra Hard Mode changes the game rules to create NEW, INTERESTING CHALLENGES for players who have mastered the core game. Unlike Mojang's "hard" mode or other plugins' "hardcore" modes which just punish you more for making mistakes without actually changing game mechanics, Extra Hard Mode delivers interesting new challenges for advanced players.
Support this project on Patreon!
- Detailed rundown of all features and configuration help Check here or here (alternate formatting)
- You can enable specific features only for specific worlds, Check here
- Save yourself some time! Check "Troubleshooting and Common Questions" for the answer to your question.
- Here is a playlist of a few 1 minute clips showcasing some features
- If you have any questions feel free to ask, post bugs / feature suggestions in ticket section
- Make tree logs and branches fall when chopped with GraviTree. Set "FallingLogsDamagePlayers" to true in its config for an extra challenge!
- For anti-grief, avoid plugins that disable explosions entirely, because that will undermine the cave-in mechanic and the new improved TNT.
- Avoid plugins which allow players to teleport themselves out of danger when they're in combat or lost. Especially avoid plugins which add commands like /home, /back, and /tpa, since they will undermine the difficulty VERY much. Consider instead a teleportation plugin like Population Density, which allows players to teleport only between teleportation posts it places on the surface every 400 blocks.
- You might want to look into balancing villagers. Having diamond gear tradable for very easily farmable materials will undermine the difficulty. I use Rebalance Villagers to make the trades harder.
This plugin utilizes Hidendra's plugin metrics system, which means that the following information is collected and sent to mcstats.org:
- A unique identifier
- The server's version of Java
- Whether the server is in offline or online mode
- The plugin's version
- The server's version
- The OS version/name and architecture
- The core count for the CPU
- The number of players online
- The Metrics version
- Config options that are activated, allowing me to see what people use (or don't)
You can disable the stat collection via /plugins/PluginMetrics/config.yml if you wish. If you want to see the stats, you can go here
Source can be found on github here. Contributions, pull requests and feedback are appreciated :).
Credits and Thanks
- BigScary for creating this project
- Mitsugaru for implementing awesome utility classes
- Thank you for your donations
- Jemrada - 1.Dec 15, 21. Dec 15, 4.Feb 16
- BrattPitt - 23.Nov 13, 14. Dec 14
- TehSabbingSlayer - 30. Dec 13
- WoodenAxeServer - 6. Dec 13
- Netu - 4. July 13
- MrYFory - 25. Feb 13
Having problems? Report them on the issue tracker via clicking here!
Yes it seams to solved it a lot, thx :)
I just uploaded a new version. Hopefully the lag is gone.
On the new 1.8 build, I've been having severe troubles with this plugin at random times shutting down my whole server:
I think it is a conflict with another plugin to write scoreboards, but I'm not sure. Here are the plugins I use:
Anti X-Ray by bigscary, blablubbabc
ClearLag by bob7l
GriefPrevention by Tux2
ModifyWorld by t3kh0d3
Multiverse-Core by MultiverseTeam
Multiverse-Inventories by MultiverseTeam
Multiverse-Portals by MultiverseTeam (I know these are 1.7.X but they still work)
PermissionsEx by zml2008
PExChat by Sleelin
RoyalCommands by jkcclemens
WorldEdit by sk89q
How can I disable the notifications on the right of the screen. They are really annoying, and I just want all messages gone.
Very strange, i will post example video and zip file for you in litle while.
I cannot reproduce the lag on my machine, so I cannot fix it yet. If someone can send me their zipped up server folder via pn and I can reproduce the lag I can figure out what is causing it.
Oke i see more people got issue with getting lag. I have set up my server with the current newest version but i will wait for a update here. Every feature of this plugin i love to have but downgrade to a older spigot version is for me no option. I will just wait when its ready for the spigot 1658 build. Thanks! :)
1. No errors at all in consol. 2. Not sure what u ask for, guess it might be this http://timings.aikar.co/?url=9543630 It shows 2 post that has extreme numbers.... Task: Tutorial$2(Single) Tutorial::onInventoryClose(InventoryCloseEvent) 3. Yes, tested it local lags a lot (FX8350,4.1Ghz,32GB,SSD)
Lag = cant access another chest or use workbench and so on for few seconds when i moved around stuff in chest and inventory and closes chest.
While testing i noticed when the tip comes like "zombie slow..." same thing, cant access cheasts and so on for lot of seconds, indication there is something with procedure to print text to scorebord that lags?
Looking at it, it seams each line takes 1-2sec befour its shows up or disappers.
yeah its proven the drown rate Scoreboard dosent dissappear
I test on my i7 laptop so I won't notice lag that easily...
I can comfirm it gets real laggy with Spigot-20141113a + EHM 3.5.3
So am still on spigot-20141001a, works much better but with litle strange behavior of weight info on right side.
Hi i got a problem. I have recently installed this awesome plugin but my server tps drops after enable it from 19.99tps to sometimes 13tps and crashes the server or when it looks stable there is a inventory lag. (moving items) I used the newest version on a fresh clean spigot snapshot 1.8 1658 build with only essentials. I see there are alooot of functions i can enable and disable and this helps but.. to be completly lag free and keeping a stable tps i have to shut almost everything off. Creeper custom explosion is the first thing that let everything crash. Please i need help!! I dont want to give up this plugin, its too cool for that :)
If u like i can remove every plugin again, generate a new world and enable a debug somewhere and send u all the info u need. Even the hardware of my computer i want to share if need. I just hope on a solution thats all :)
Thanks so much for your donation, means a lot to me :)
nice plugin and its compatible with Creeperheal so i dont have to worry about permanent damage from super creeper and super tnt explosions.
Thanks for updateing, donatetion on its way! (aka zun...)
The scoreboard for inventory weight should hide itself once the inventory of the player is closed.
Perhaps I'm blind but I cannot seem to find a way to disable the weight/drown scoreboard. Wasn't there at one point a permission node to hide it? Otherwise would it be possible to configure it so that it only shows when getting close to the weight limitation? The scoreboard is always up while a player is on for them. Aside from that - been having no issues at all with EHM on v1.8.1 thus far.
EDIT: Just now noticed an update to 3.5.3.
really looking forward to a support for 1.8 spigot
why the custom ghast explosion is not working ?
just TNT , creeper , and charged creeper is working :/
im using craftbukkit 1.7.9 R0.2
If you look at the changelog for version 3.5.2 it has the fix.