Extra Hard Mode
Extra Hard Mode changes the game rules to create NEW, INTERESTING CHALLENGES for players who have mastered the core game. Unlike Mojang's "hard" mode or other plugins' "hardcore" modes which just punish you more for making mistakes without actually changing game mechanics, Extra Hard Mode delivers interesting new challenges for advanced players.
Support this project on Patreon!
- Detailed rundown of all features and configuration help Check here or here (alternate formatting)
- You can enable specific features only for specific worlds, Check here
- Save yourself some time! Check "Troubleshooting and Common Questions" for the answer to your question.
- Here is a playlist of a few 1 minute clips showcasing some features
- If you have any questions feel free to ask, post bugs / feature suggestions in ticket section
- Make tree logs and branches fall when chopped with GraviTree. Set "FallingLogsDamagePlayers" to true in its config for an extra challenge!
- For anti-grief, avoid plugins that disable explosions entirely, because that will undermine the cave-in mechanic and the new improved TNT.
- Avoid plugins which allow players to teleport themselves out of danger when they're in combat or lost. Especially avoid plugins which add commands like /home, /back, and /tpa, since they will undermine the difficulty VERY much. Consider instead a teleportation plugin like Population Density, which allows players to teleport only between teleportation posts it places on the surface every 400 blocks.
- You might want to look into balancing villagers. Having diamond gear tradable for very easily farmable materials will undermine the difficulty. I use Rebalance Villagers to make the trades harder.
This plugin utilizes Hidendra's plugin metrics system, which means that the following information is collected and sent to mcstats.org:
- A unique identifier
- The server's version of Java
- Whether the server is in offline or online mode
- The plugin's version
- The server's version
- The OS version/name and architecture
- The core count for the CPU
- The number of players online
- The Metrics version
- Config options that are activated, allowing me to see what people use (or don't)
You can disable the stat collection via /plugins/PluginMetrics/config.yml if you wish. If you want to see the stats, you can go here
Source can be found on github here. Contributions, pull requests and feedback are appreciated :).
Credits and Thanks
- BigScary for creating this project
- Mitsugaru for implementing awesome utility classes
- Thank you for your donations
- Jemrada - 1.Dec 15, 21. Dec 15, 4.Feb 16
- BrattPitt - 23.Nov 13, 14. Dec 14
- TehSabbingSlayer - 30. Dec 13
- WoodenAxeServer - 6. Dec 13
- Netu - 4. July 13
- MrYFory - 25. Feb 13
Having problems? Report them on the issue tracker via clicking here!
Cool! Will there be an update to 1.19.2?
Are there any plans to update to version 1.19.2?
I really like this plugin, I hope it comes out
hope to see this upgraded to 1.14.x. The game itself is fairly bland, I really enjoy this making it more difficult.
EHM 3.13.0 for minecraft 1.13 is out! Make sure you read the release notes; here are the important parts:
Do you use ExtraHardMode and wish to see a proper 1.13 update? Let me know which features you use: http://r.robomwm.com/ehmform
I really like this plugin to join the Chinese?
Not supported above 1.9X
I want the author to join you in Chinese
This is a great plugin
The above link is my Chinese text
In reply to miaomiao:
Thank you so much for this plugin! Minecraft so realistic and I LOVE IT!
If you feel this would be a good addition to EHM go ahead and make a ticket. However, based on what I understand from your idea, that sounds more of limiting gameplay than actually providing a challenge. Perhaps an "exhaustion" element makes sense, but not entirely sure how that should be implemented, considering there's already a "hunger" element.
I think it will be more wonderful if it is added a number like HP.When players move build and create items,the number will be down to limit players' running map.And i'm sorry that i didn't read all the comment.As you can see,my English is very poor.Maybe I isn't the first person who put up this idea.
I've already responded to this question a few comments down. A simple search for "Extra Hard Mode spigot" will bring this up: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/extra-hard-mode.19673/
And it's also on Aquifer: https://aquifermc.org/resources/extra-hard-mode.1/
Did you add extra hard mode on the spigot website?
I actually need more information on this - can you provide the log via copying from the logs folder via FTP, and include some messages before and after the errors? Please paste said logs over here: https://github.com/MLG-Fortress/ExtraHardMode/issues/22
Including your plugins, as well as specifying any plugins that can teleport a player would be useful as well.
1) Report bugs on the issue tracker: https://github.com/MLG-Fortress/ExtraHardMode/issues
2) Please do not copy from Multicraft, get the latest.log file via FTP and copy from there.
3) Your report is now here: https://github.com/MLG-Fortress/ExtraHardMode/issues/22
Found a bug: http://pastebin.com/aagZHVqB
Please report/re-report your issue here so I remember to take a look at this: https://github.com/MLG-Fortress/ExtraHardMode/issues
FYI, I was only able to reproduce if and only if I was standing on top of a stone block that would turn into cobblestone. My current guess is that the current code removes the stone block, making the player fall in, then places cobblestone... a block higher? Again, I'll have to look at the code later so yeah if you have any more details you notice when reproducing let me know in that report.
I've had some complaints, and witnessed it a couple times, of stone weakening when ore is mined, then killing a player if cobble is set to allow falling.
If on a ceiling where it can fall on a player, this I can understand. However if the ore is next to stone which is on the floor, and the player is standing on it, the change kills the player.
For the time being, I've disabled cobble from falling.