CookMe - 'Cause raw food ain't good
This plugin adds some realism and fun to your gameplay!
If you try to eat raw food a random effect will appear (controlled by percentages).
Comes with a config, permissions & commands.
Only effects raw food! Affects now every configured food item!
Control now the percentages! 0.00% means disabled!
With a percentage of 6.25% one of these effect will occur when you eat raw (or other) food
- You will get some random damage
- You will get poisoned (like a Cave Spider bite)
- Your foodbar will get poisoned
- Your hunger increases (the bar decreases ;))
- You will get confused (portal effect)
- You will get weak (not as powerful as before)
- You will get blind (black fog/smoke around your head)
- You will mine slower
- You will get slower (movement)
- Magic damage (random damage)
- Refusing of raw food
- The poison of the wither occurs
- You are unlucky
- You fly up high in the air (levitation)
- You feel a bad omen (triggers a raid when the player is in a village)
- Permissions & Commands for an easy administration
- Control the time of an effect! And a cooldown, too!
- Disable vanilla poison of RottenFlesh and raw chicken
- Control the strength of an effect yourself or let the dice decide
Third party features, all of them can be disabled
Please take a look at the detailed information about bStats below!
- bStats for usage statistics
# For help please refer to http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/cookme/ configuration: # Should permissions be used? permissions: true # Display a message when eating? messages: true # The minimum and maximum duration of the effect in seconds duration: min: 15 max: 30 # Cooldown in seconds, how long the player is safe before the next effect happens. cooldown: 30 # Should /cookme debug be enabled (modifies the food level) debug: false # Should the vanilla poison from raw chicken and rotten flesh be prevented if the player has the permission cookme.safe preventVanillaPoison: false # Should the effect strength be random or controlled from below (also called amplifier) randomEffectStrength: true # The percentage for each effect. Make sure all together are exactly 100! 0 means disabled! effects: damage: 6.25
bad_omen: 6.25 # Put a number here for the strength of an effect, only used when randomEffectStrength is false effectStrength: venom: 8 hungervenom: 8 confusion: 8 blindness: 8 weakness: 8 slowness: 8 slowness_blocks: 8 instant_damage: 8 wither: 8 levitation: 8 unluck: 8
bad_omen: 8 # Add your own stuff here, IDs are supported, too! food: - BEEF
Commands & Permissions
Only the bukkit permissions are supported! I highly recommend that you use a plugin for permissions like bPermissions!
If the config value permission is set to false, all people can use the commands!
If no permission system is found, all commands are for OPs only! (as long as permissions is set to true)
Of course the console can use the commands, too!
Description: No effects will appear, if a player has got this permission
Description: Reloads the config
Description: Displays the help
/cookme set <effect> <percentage>
Description: Sets the percentage for the specified effect
/cookme enable permissions
Description: Enables the permissions!
/cookme enable messages
Description: Enables the messages!
/cookme disable permissions
Description: Disables the permissions! ALL players can use the commands!
/cookme disable messages
Description: Disables the messages!
/cookme set cooldown <value>
Description: Sets the cooldown value in seconds
/cookme set duration min <value>
Description: Sets the minimum duration value in seconds
/cookme set duration max <value>
Description: Sets the maximum duration value in seconds
Description: If debug is enabled, reduces food level and all effects for testing usage
Of course you can use something like cookme.* or cookme.enable.*
Downloads/Source Code/Dev Builds
Development builds of this project can be acquired at the provided continuous integration server. These builds have not been approved by the BukkitDev staff. Use them at your own risk.
Future Plans (a.k.a. ToDo)
add some new "effects" in 1.0Done change code, after 1.0 recommend build is released (won't effect the user)Done maybe make the effects controllable with percentage by the userDone
None at the moment! :)
If you want a better solution than the right click, support this issue:
PlayerEatEvent #280 Added/Changed in 1.7 Note about the new 1.7 (2014) fishes: Will be added when Bukkit is ready for them! Added in 2.0.0
updates bStats version
- Updated to Bukkit 1.14 and requires Bukkit 1.14!
- Adds new bad omen effect
- Fixes disabled percentages being triggered
- Tweaked the default percentages
- (new items like the suspicious stew are supported, too)
Feel free to use this banner!! :)
Statistics (from bStats)
If you really like my plugin, you can if you want make a donation via PayPal!
Donation chain: -> I receive some money -> Buy coffee -> Work longer -> Faster Updates -> Your benefit!
There is a button on top of this page :)
I'm accepting bitcoins, too! :)
This plugin is released under the MIT license!
Information about the data usage collection bStats
./plugins/bStats/config.yml contains an option to opt-out.
The following data is read and sent to https://bstats.org and can be seen under https://bstats.org/plugin/bukkit/CookMe
- Your server's randomly generated UUID
- The amount of players on your server
- The online mode of your server
- The bukkit version of your server
- The java version of your system (e.g. Java 8)
- The name of your OS (e.g. Windows)
- The version of your OS
- The architecture of your OS (e.g. amd64)
- The system cores of your OS (e.g. 8)
- bStats-supported plugins
- Plugin version of bStats-supported plugins
- List of enabled foods