Presenting the world's first standalone map reset plugin! When you restart your server, if resetting is enabled in the plugin's config.yml, WorldReset automatically deletes your world folders and imports backups of them stored in '.../plugins/WorldReset/backups'. WR can reset multiple worlds or regenerate them with random seeds, perfect for minigames and mining worlds.
NOTE: In order for this plugin to work, you have to /stop then start the server. A simple /reload will not work, and will likely cause the server to crash.
A world reset couldn't be more simple! Just follow these steps:
- Copy the world folder you want to revert to when you reset the map
- Find the 'WorldReset' folder in your server's 'plugins' directory. If the folder doesn't exist, run the server once and it will be created.
- Paste the world folder you copied into the 'backups' folder in the WorldReset directory.
- Repeat steps 1-3 for your Nether and End folders if you want to reset them as well.
- List the names of any worlds you want to delete and regenerate with random seeds under the "random-seed.worlds" config node
- If you want to schedule a restart, either run the server and type /wr reset or open the config.yml (found in the WorldReset directory) and set the "reset-worlds-on-next-restart" node to true.
- Start up your server! Your world folder will be reset to the one in '.../plugins/WorldReset/backups'!
- Resets player location and inventories to their state stored in the world backup (you can always delete player data in the backup for standard spawning)
- Much less lag than conventional reset methods - instead of rolling back an area block by block, WorldReset simply imports the entire world folder, meaning that resets take less than a second!
- Because WorldReset doesn't have to deal with individual chunks, there's no danger of chunk corruption as long as your backup world is clean
- Random seed world regeneration is perfect for mining worlds that require diamonds and other valuables to be relocated every time the map resets
- reset-worlds-on-next-restart: true/false - whether to reset worlds (or regenerate them with new seeds, if enabled) the next time the server starts up
- random-seed.enabled: true/false - whether to delete and regenerate the worlds listed below with random seeds
- random-seed.worlds: - a list of the names of worlds to be regenerated
- reset-server-when-empty: true/false - whether to reset the server after the below player count has been achieved and all players log off
- player-count-to-activate-reset: 10 - the number of players online at the same time that must be achieved in order to schedule a reset to occur when the last player logs off (this setting only matters if the above node is set to 'true')
- always-reset: true/false - whether to reset/regenerate worlds every time the server starts up
- worldreset.reload: permission to run '/wr reload' to reload the configuration
- worldreset.reset: permission to schedule or cancel a world reset, including '/wr reset now'
- worldreset.settings.view: permission to view the configuration settings ingame with '/wr settings'
- worldreset.settings.edit: permission to edit the configuration settings ingame with '/wr settings edit \<setting ID> \<setting value>'
Well if you can't do this without stopping and restarting the server, then it sucks. I want to have a command block that unloads the world and then reloads a backup, WITHOUT restarting the server.
UPDATE 1.9 PLEASE
Help! i need this plugin in version 1.8.x please update!
this needs to be updated to 1.8.3 or higher. it works but some of the permissions and commands / config nodes are broken.
good lord this would be a most elegant solution to a problem i've been having.
random seeds does not work with multiverse... The world gets deleted but not recreated with the new seed , so multiverse can't load it!
(This message is in French) Bonjour, J'ai préféré écrire ce message en français car l'anglais n'est pas mon pont fort " J'aimerais récupérer les sources du plugin afin de l'améliorer pour les versions plus récentes! Dites moi si vous êtes d'accord!
it work for 1.7.2? or not
Could you make it so the chest date is reset to!
It would be cool if individual worlds could be reset once they empty out instead of when the whole server is empty.
Is it possible that when the world finished reset, it restart the server?
Is there anything like this for 1.7.2?
I am about to be running my own server and I would like to have some sort of world reset for my Survival World.
Thanks in advance.
I want reset with the command /wr reset now and it tells....
[worldreset] You dont have permissions to do that.
WHY}? IM OP!!!! Why?
The random seed-option doesn't work. Please fix it.
Is possible to reset a specific world with a command? I have an idea how to reset a world without restarting but I have mor than one world in my server end I dont want to restart te server, just reload a single world, unload it an then reload with world manager for rebuild a mini game.
pls fix 1.7.x
I tried it, Doesnt seem to work... Was perfect for what I needed! Ant
EDIT: After more testing, I did get it to work! Thanks!
Is this compatible with 1.7.x? Please update if not :)
1.7.2 ? But epic plugin !
Last Yo te Explico, Hay Una forma que Conosco Para aser eso, Es Que necesitas dos Plugins 1-. Autorestart [Resetea El Servidor (En el Tiempo Programado)Pero no regenera mapas] 2-.Worldreset [Resetea el Mapa pero no abre el servidor nuevamente]
Primero Programas el autorestart a tu gusto de tiempo luego Tendrias que ir a la config Del World reset y poner en true la opcion que dice Que Cuando se cierre y abra el servidor regenere el mapa, eso ara que cuando e autorestart cierre el servidor y lo vuelva a abrir el World Reset regenere el mapa, Que es la opcion que le pusismos anterior mente, Gracias Espero que te aiga Servido last y Si te sirvio y ases tutorial te lo agradeceria mucho :D