WeatherMan allows you to change biomes and repopulate areas ingame with commands, magic-wand and a sign, controlled by redstone power. WorldEdit selections and WorldGuard regions supported.
- Change biomes (you can use: commands, wands, signs, WorldEdit selections and WorldGuard regions)
- Repopulate area according to biome that was previously changed
- Control weather locally: for player, for region, for biome and for whole world.
- Grow trees or cut them off using special wands
- Control biome changing (toggle two biomes) with sign controlled by redstone power.
- Check biome in a your location or inform you about biome changing while you traveling
- Preventing snow-forming and ice-forming in defined biomes.
Why do I want it?
If you need to change biomes, grow new forest, or going to allow your players to do it - you must install WeatherMan :) If you need to "curse" any player with unstoppable rain you can find this plugin useful too.
How Do I Install It?
Just copy it in your Plugins folder.
How to use it?
- Use command /wm set biome:<biome> radius:<radius> to change biome around you
- Use command /wm set biome:<biome> to change biome at area selected using WorldEdit
- Use command /wm set biome:<biome> region:<region name> to change biome at WorldGuard region defined by name
- Use command /wm replace biome:<biome> fill:true to change biome in your location to new one
- Use command /wm give [biome | woodcutter | depopulator | forester] to obtain all or specified wand.
- Use command /wm wand to enable wand mode (define biome and radius with commands /wm wand biome:<biome> radius:<radius> tree:<tree type> Right-click with magic wand and you'll shoot the snowball that will change the biome around the hit-point, remove or grow trees.
- Create sign with [biome] in second line, radius value in third, and biome names in first and forth lines. You can set word "replace" in third line if you need to replace the full biome. Now you can use redstone power to toggle between two biomes.
- /wm help - display help and command list
- /wm check - check biome in player location
- /wm info - toggle walk-info mode (inform player when he moves from one biome to another)
- /wm list [tree | biome name mask] - list avaliable biome types (or tree types)
- /wm wand [biome:<biome> radius:<radius> tree:<tree> - toggles wand mode or configure wand parameters
- /wm give <biome | woodcutter | depopulator | forester> - give defined wand (brush)
- /wm set|replace|populate <parameters...> - set biome in area, replace biome in area, repopulate area. More info about this commands you can find here.
Weather commands (console not supported yet)
- /wth player <player> <rain|clear|remove> - set personal player weather to rain, clear or remove settings
- /wth region <region> <rain|clear|remove> - set weather in region to rain, clear or remove settings
- /wth biome <biome> <rain|clear|remove> - set weather in biome to rain, clear or remove settings
- /wth world <world> <rain|clear|remove> - set weather in biome to rain, clear or remove settings
- /wth <player|region|biome|world> - list the players, regions, biomes, worlds where weather states are changed
Local time commands
- /wtm player [<player> <HH:MM|day|night|remove>] — configure player personal time
- /wtm region [<region> <HH:MM|day|night|remove>] — configure local region time
- /wtm biome [<biome> <HH:MM|day|night|remove>] — configure local biome time
- /wtm world [<world> <HH:MM|day|night|remove>] — configure local world time
How to revert back to original biomes
If you need to set back an original biomes at defined area, you can use "original" biome type with commands /wm set, /wm replace, /wm biome (and use wand to change biomes). Command /wm replace source:<source biome> biome:<target biome> supporting "original" only as biome parameter (<target biome>).
It is possible to use language files to translate WeatherMan messages.
Available translations (included to plugin, you just need to setup language variable at config.yml): english, dutch, french, german, polish, romanian, russian, spanish, ukrainian.
- English - default (sorry for my english! Helped By matthew_cowley)
- Russian (Русский)
- Ukrainian (Українська) - translated by duckman, Rangars Team. Thank you very much, duckman!
- German (Deutsch) - translated by PinguinAman. Thank you very much, PinguinAman!
- Spanish (Español) - translated by Indeleble, Antica RP Server. Thank you very much, Indeleble!
- French (Français) - 50toto50. Thank you very much, 50toto50!
- Romanian (Română) - kaZep, b-Zone
- Dutch (Nederland) - translated by Martin1704, renzo12y, tommyvanaarde. Thank you very much guys!
I will be very thankful if you can help me to translate WeatherMan to other language and join me at translation project.
- weatherman.basic - allows to use commands /wm help, /wm check, /wm list
- weatherman.cmdbiome - allows to use command /wm set and /wm fill
- weatherman.sign - allows to create [biome] signs
- weatherman.wandbiome - allows to use wand and commands /wm wand, /wm radius, /wm biome
- weatherman.config - allows to setup plugin with command /wm cfg
- weatherman.weather - allows to use local weather command /wth
- weatherman.time - allows to use local time command /wtm
Update checker and bStats
WeatherMan includes two features that use your server internet connection. First one is bStats, that used to collect information about the plugin (versions of plugin, of Java.. etc.) and second is update checker, checks new releases of plugin after WeatherMan startup and every half hour. This feature is using API provided by dev.bukkit.org. If you don't like this features you can easy disable it. To disable update checker you need to set parameter "version-check" to "false" in config.yml. Obtain more information about bStats and learn how to switch off it, you can read here.
Dev builds available at CricleCI.
Note: Dev builds are unsupported and not tested and not approved by BukkitDev team.
Like this plugin?
You can support my work via Paypal:
Or just buy this plugin on SpigotMc.
Here is new version: http://dev.bukkit.org/media/files/592/554/WeatherMan.jar You can disable PigZombie and Ghasts spawning in normal world with command /wm cfg nethermob off
Hmm... You need to prevent Ghost and PigZombie spawn in selected world. I think I can add this as option to WeatherMan (or may be better to my other plugin - MonsterFix)
There was a bug with signs in v0.3.0, please update to v0.3.1
i wanted to make an over-world wart farm but even when i set mob-spawning deny in the world guard region ghasts and pigmen spawn. anyway to stop this?
For some reason the signs won't work for me.
Bug fixed: it's possible now to write any supported biome type at the last line of biome-signs.
Added WorldEdit regions support (use /wm set <biome> command to change biome in selected region) Players with weathermen.config permission will receive message about new versions Metrics support added
No. It will regenerate with original biome :(
If I change a biome, then delete the generated terrain from the map, will the area be regenerated as the new biome with all the trees, mushrooms, etc. generating naturally?
Useful plugin, thank you! :)
looks very interesting, will test it soon
I am trying this now :D
:) Thank you
Looks awesome, Can not wait for the download :D