WeatherMan allows you to change biomes and repopulate areas ingame with commands, magic-wand and a sign, controlled by redstone power. WorldEdit selections and WorldGuard regions supported.
- Change biomes (you can use: commands, wands, signs, WorldEdit selections and WorldGuard regions)
- Repopulate area according to biome that was previously changed
- Control weather locally: for player, for region, for biome and for whole world.
- Grow trees or cut them off using special wands
- Control biome changing (toggle two biomes) with sign controlled by redstone power.
- Check biome in a your location or inform you about biome changing while you traveling
- Preventing snow-forming and ice-forming in defined biomes.
Why do I want it?
If you need to change biomes, grow new forest, or going to allow your players to do it - you must install WeatherMan :) If you need to "curse" any player with unstoppable rain you can find this plugin useful too.
How Do I Install It?
Just copy it in your Plugins folder.
How to use it?
- Use command /wm set biome:<biome> radius:<radius> to change biome around you
- Use command /wm set biome:<biome> to change biome at area selected using WorldEdit
- Use command /wm set biome:<biome> region:<region name> to change biome at WorldGuard region defined by name
- Use command /wm replace biome:<biome> fill:true to change biome in your location to new one
- Use command /wm give [biome | woodcutter | depopulator | forester] to obtain all or specified wand.
- Use command /wm wand to enable wand mode (define biome and radius with commands /wm wand biome:<biome> radius:<radius> tree:<tree type> Right-click with magic wand and you'll shoot the snowball that will change the biome around the hit-point, remove or grow trees.
- Create sign with [biome] in second line, radius value in third, and biome names in first and forth lines. You can set word "replace" in third line if you need to replace the full biome. Now you can use redstone power to toggle between two biomes.
- /wm help - display help and command list
- /wm check - check biome in player location
- /wm info - toggle walk-info mode (inform player when he moves from one biome to another)
- /wm list [tree | biome name mask] - list avaliable biome types (or tree types)
- /wm wand [biome:<biome> radius:<radius> tree:<tree> - toggles wand mode or configure wand parameters
- /wm give <biome | woodcutter | depopulator | forester> - give defined wand (brush)
- /wm set|replace|populate <parameters...> - set biome in area, replace biome in area, repopulate area. More info about this commands you can find here.
Weather commands (console not supported yet)
- /wth player <player> <rain|clear|remove> - set personal player weather to rain, clear or remove settings
- /wth region <region> <rain|clear|remove> - set weather in region to rain, clear or remove settings
- /wth biome <biome> <rain|clear|remove> - set weather in biome to rain, clear or remove settings
- /wth world <world> <rain|clear|remove> - set weather in biome to rain, clear or remove settings
- /wth <player|region|biome|world> - list the players, regions, biomes, worlds where weather states are changed
Local time commands
- /wtm player [<player> <HH:MM|day|night|remove>] — configure player personal time
- /wtm region [<region> <HH:MM|day|night|remove>] — configure local region time
- /wtm biome [<biome> <HH:MM|day|night|remove>] — configure local biome time
- /wtm world [<world> <HH:MM|day|night|remove>] — configure local world time
How to revert back to original biomes
If you need to set back an original biomes at defined area, you can use "original" biome type with commands /wm set, /wm replace, /wm biome (and use wand to change biomes). Command /wm replace source:<source biome> biome:<target biome> supporting "original" only as biome parameter (<target biome>).
It is possible to use language files to translate WeatherMan messages.
Available translations (included to plugin, you just need to setup language variable at config.yml): english, dutch, french, german, polish, romanian, russian, spanish, ukrainian.
- English - default (sorry for my english! Helped By matthew_cowley)
- Russian (Русский)
- Ukrainian (Українська) - translated by duckman, Rangars Team. Thank you very much, duckman!
- German (Deutsch) - translated by PinguinAman. Thank you very much, PinguinAman!
- Spanish (Español) - translated by Indeleble, Antica RP Server. Thank you very much, Indeleble!
- French (Français) - 50toto50. Thank you very much, 50toto50!
- Romanian (Română) - kaZep, b-Zone
- Dutch (Nederland) - translated by Martin1704, renzo12y, tommyvanaarde. Thank you very much guys!
I will be very thankful if you can help me to translate WeatherMan to other language and join me at translation project.
- weatherman.basic - allows to use commands /wm help, /wm check, /wm list
- weatherman.cmdbiome - allows to use command /wm set and /wm fill
- weatherman.sign - allows to create [biome] signs
- weatherman.wandbiome - allows to use wand and commands /wm wand, /wm radius, /wm biome
- weatherman.config - allows to setup plugin with command /wm cfg
- weatherman.weather - allows to use local weather command /wth
- weatherman.time - allows to use local time command /wtm
Update checker and bStats
WeatherMan includes two features that use your server internet connection. First one is bStats, that used to collect information about the plugin (versions of plugin, of Java.. etc.) and second is update checker, checks new releases of plugin after WeatherMan startup and every half hour. This feature is using API provided by dev.bukkit.org. If you don't like this features you can easy disable it. To disable update checker you need to set parameter "version-check" to "false" in config.yml. Obtain more information about bStats and learn how to switch off it, you can read here.
Dev builds available at CricleCI.
Note: Dev builds are unsupported and not tested and not approved by BukkitDev team.
Like this plugin?
You can support my work via Paypal:
Or just buy this plugin on SpigotMc.
Thank you NikoKun. I'll add default biome saving to config-file in future :)
@RealDopey Hello it's not possible to set different biomes at differents level inside a single world. I.e. you can not set biome "hell" (nether) to area lower than y=30, and taiga for higher places. Biome defined for a "column" with x,z coordinates.
I don't suppose there is a way to set it so that the biome change is not sky to bedrock? I know this is a stretch, but I was hoping for different biomes on different levels of the same area.
Compared to the other Biome plugins I've tried lately, this one works the best!
Only problem I've noticed so far, is if you try to change the "default-biome:" setting in the config, it always resets to "iceplains" after the server restarts. Not that big an issue. heh
Thank you very much. I didn't use it a long time and thought it would be the Ghast Tear what wasn't correct.
Yay, now I can change the biomes again! Thank you :)
New Version works really well, thank you very much fromgate!
Hmm... strange. Try this:
I tested latest version of WeatherMan yesterday; and wand mode was tested too.
The new version works, thank you good work
op permission also refuse to operate (not that bad)
Hello, can you show a screenshot?
exactly the same problematic in the 1.3.1 RC1.0
please update - i like this plugin
I was talking about the craftbukkit dev version, excuse me for not mentioning that. In 1.2.5 the plugin works flawless!
Oh... I did not notice this effect. Which version of craftbukkit you use?
Just for info... the plugin seems to work in general but instead of just changing the biome the targeted chunk seems to unload. If you reload it (loggin out/in) the biome is changed and the chunk is there again. The bukkit devs said something about chunks not unloading properly. Could that be the reason?
Really great plugin, though. A whole new dimension of terraforming!
Please Update D:
My entire map is a taiga biome covered in snow, and there is downfall of snow pretty much 24/7. I was just wondering if it was possible for the snow cover and ice to start melting when I turned off the downfall.
I'm not sure that I understood you right. If you change biome in area to any "snow" biomes. Snow and ice will "forms" and will not melt afters stopping the weather storm.
I was wondering if there was a way to make snow and ice melt simply when it isn't snowing? I have a plugin that allows me to make it snow for weeks. And It'd be pretty awesome if when the snow finally stopped all the ice and snow would melt.
You need plugin that implements command /wstorm WeatherMan did not implements weather control features (because there's a lot of other plugin that can do it). You can try to install AdminCMD. It allows to change weather.
I really need this plugin, i try all the method, i create a folder "plugins" near craftbukkit.jar ... i type /wstorm ( exemple ) console say me unknow command...