WeatherMan allows you to change biomes and repopulate areas ingame with commands, magic-wand and a sign, controlled by redstone power. WorldEdit selections and WorldGuard regions supported.
- Change biomes (you can use: commands, wands, signs, WorldEdit selections and WorldGuard regions)
- Repopulate area according to biome that was previously changed
- Control weather locally: for player, for region, for biome and for whole world.
- Grow trees or cut them off using special wands
- Control biome changing (toggle two biomes) with sign controlled by redstone power.
- Check biome in a your location or inform you about biome changing while you traveling
- Preventing snow-forming and ice-forming in defined biomes.
Why do I want it?
If you need to change biomes, grow new forest, or going to allow your players to do it - you must install WeatherMan :) If you need to "curse" any player with unstoppable rain you can find this plugin useful too.
How Do I Install It?
Just copy it in your Plugins folder.
How to use it?
- Use command /wm set biome:<biome> radius:<radius> to change biome around you
- Use command /wm set biome:<biome> to change biome at area selected using WorldEdit
- Use command /wm set biome:<biome> region:<region name> to change biome at WorldGuard region defined by name
- Use command /wm replace biome:<biome> fill:true to change biome in your location to new one
- Use command /wm give [biome | woodcutter | depopulator | forester] to obtain all or specified wand.
- Use command /wm wand to enable wand mode (define biome and radius with commands /wm wand biome:<biome> radius:<radius> tree:<tree type> Right-click with magic wand and you'll shoot the snowball that will change the biome around the hit-point, remove or grow trees.
- Create sign with [biome] in second line, radius value in third, and biome names in first and forth lines. You can set word "replace" in third line if you need to replace the full biome. Now you can use redstone power to toggle between two biomes.
- /wm help - display help and command list
- /wm check - check biome in player location
- /wm info - toggle walk-info mode (inform player when he moves from one biome to another)
- /wm list [tree | biome name mask] - list avaliable biome types (or tree types)
- /wm wand [biome:<biome> radius:<radius> tree:<tree> - toggles wand mode or configure wand parameters
- /wm give <biome | woodcutter | depopulator | forester> - give defined wand (brush)
- /wm set|replace|populate <parameters...> - set biome in area, replace biome in area, repopulate area. More info about this commands you can find here.
Weather commands (console not supported yet)
- /wth player <player> <rain|clear|remove> - set personal player weather to rain, clear or remove settings
- /wth region <region> <rain|clear|remove> - set weather in region to rain, clear or remove settings
- /wth biome <biome> <rain|clear|remove> - set weather in biome to rain, clear or remove settings
- /wth world <world> <rain|clear|remove> - set weather in biome to rain, clear or remove settings
- /wth <player|region|biome|world> - list the players, regions, biomes, worlds where weather states are changed
Local time commands
- /wtm player [<player> <HH:MM|day|night|remove>] — configure player personal time
- /wtm region [<region> <HH:MM|day|night|remove>] — configure local region time
- /wtm biome [<biome> <HH:MM|day|night|remove>] — configure local biome time
- /wtm world [<world> <HH:MM|day|night|remove>] — configure local world time
How to revert back to original biomes
If you need to set back an original biomes at defined area, you can use "original" biome type with commands /wm set, /wm replace, /wm biome (and use wand to change biomes). Command /wm replace source:<source biome> biome:<target biome> supporting "original" only as biome parameter (<target biome>).
It is possible to use language files to translate WeatherMan messages.
Available translations (included to plugin, you just need to setup language variable at config.yml): english, dutch, french, german, polish, romanian, russian, spanish, ukrainian.
- English - default (sorry for my english! Helped By matthew_cowley)
- Russian (Русский)
- Ukrainian (Українська) - translated by duckman, Rangars Team. Thank you very much, duckman!
- German (Deutsch) - translated by PinguinAman. Thank you very much, PinguinAman!
- Spanish (Español) - translated by Indeleble, Antica RP Server. Thank you very much, Indeleble!
- French (Français) - 50toto50. Thank you very much, 50toto50!
- Romanian (Română) - kaZep, b-Zone
- Dutch (Nederland) - translated by Martin1704, renzo12y, tommyvanaarde. Thank you very much guys!
I will be very thankful if you can help me to translate WeatherMan to other language and join me at translation project.
- weatherman.basic - allows to use commands /wm help, /wm check, /wm list
- weatherman.cmdbiome - allows to use command /wm set and /wm fill
- weatherman.sign - allows to create [biome] signs
- weatherman.wandbiome - allows to use wand and commands /wm wand, /wm radius, /wm biome
- weatherman.config - allows to setup plugin with command /wm cfg
- weatherman.weather - allows to use local weather command /wth
- weatherman.time - allows to use local time command /wtm
Update checker and bStats
WeatherMan includes two features that use your server internet connection. First one is bStats, that used to collect information about the plugin (versions of plugin, of Java.. etc.) and second is update checker, checks new releases of plugin after WeatherMan startup and every half hour. This feature is using API provided by dev.bukkit.org. If you don't like this features you can easy disable it. To disable update checker you need to set parameter "version-check" to "false" in config.yml. Obtain more information about bStats and learn how to switch off it, you can read here.
Dev builds available at CricleCI.
Note: Dev builds are unsupported and not tested and not approved by BukkitDev team.
Like this plugin?
You can support my work via Paypal:
Or just buy this plugin on SpigotMc.
Local weather? wut? sounds great can't wait to try out
I love the new update! :D
nah after writing that post I went and put it back on the server again just to make sure.. it worked fine... I think it was just much earlier after 1.4.6 the plugin threw up errors so I removed it.
Do you have any problem with v0.4.8? It works fine with 1.4.5, 1.4.6 (and I think 1.4.2). I have no any problem with this version at craftbukkit 1.4.6-R0.3 server.
Is there an update?
Hello, I will work on update today. If there will be no "surprises" I will uploaded version that will work with 1.4.6 and 1.4.5 today (or tomorrow) :)
Um... I'm kinda in need of a biome changing plugin by Christmas and so far i just installed version 0.4.7 and its not displaying any information about the plugin. I've used it before and it works but I'm pretty sure the "scary commit update" broke some of the code but is there any way you could get it working for 1.4.6 before christmas
After "scary commit update" of craftbukkit every new Minecraft version will break lot of plugins. I'll find a way to prevent "regular" breaking of WeatherMan. New version will be uploaded only after 1.4.6(beta/RB) or if I find solution to make WeatherMan useful in 1.4.5 and 1.4.6.
Use command /wm set original [radius]
Would it be possible to add a command, wich checks all biomes in a given radius r an replaces them with the default biomes, so, like a complete "undo" with the variable r ? Maybe something like: /wm reset [radius]
Shitty. Updated to craftbukkit 1.4.5-R1.0 one day before 1.4.6 breaking WM.
WeatherMan v0.4.7 pre-release https://dl.dropbox.com/u/64799811/WeatherMan/WeatherMan.jar
This version is not uploaded to bukkit dev, becase there's no craftbukit 1.4.5-R0.3 beta or recommend build released.
This version is recommend ONLY if you use craftbukkit build #2511 or later!
What's new in 0.4.7: - support the "scary commit update" of craftbukkit - new walk-info mode (/wm info) - now language could be integrated in weatherman.jar (Included languages: russian, french, german, romanian, spanish, ukrainian). New versions of weatherman could contain old language files, so you can fix it manually: set parameter "language-save" to "true" and restart server. You will find language file in plugin's folder and can edit it easily.
tah, much appreciated - this plugin is handy as hell! :)
Last craftbukkit updates are breaking a lot of plugins that use internal, not documented, code of craftbukkit.jar :( Bad news: it will break all of this plugin after every craftbukkit update :(
I will release updated version soon. Please wait.
WeatherMan is Plugin #665 that broke with the latest Bukkit API changes. Please update it soon.
With the craftbukkit latest dev builds I get this error when trying to use the ghast tear - wonder if it just needs re-compiling for post-CB2512 (a lot of plugin had breaking issues from that point).
2012-12-11 20:05:21 [SEVERE] Could not pass event ProjectileHitEvent to WeatherMan v0.4.6 org.bukkit.event.EventException at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:341) at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:62) at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.fireEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:477) at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:462) at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_5.EntityProjectile.j_(EntityProjectile.java:162) at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_5.World.entityJoinedWorld(World.java:1333) at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_5.WorldServer.entityJoinedWorld(WorldServer.java:546) at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_5.World.playerJoinedWorld(World.java:1315) at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_5.World.tickEntities(World.java:1193) at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_5.WorldServer.tickEntities(WorldServer.java:444) at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_5.MinecraftServer.r(MinecraftServer.java:577) at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_5.DedicatedServer.r(DedicatedServer.java:222) at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_5.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:493) at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_5.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:426) at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_5.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:856) Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/bukkit/craftbukkit/CraftChunk at fromgate.weatherman.WeatherMan.saveChunk(WeatherMan.java:340) at fromgate.weatherman.WMQueue.saveChunk(WMQueue.java:85) at fromgate.weatherman.WMQueue.processQueue(WMQueue.java:78) at fromgate.weatherman.WeatherMan.SetBiome(WeatherMan.java:284) at fromgate.weatherman.WMListener.onProjectileHitEvent(WMListener.java:112) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:339) ... 14 more Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftChunk at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:34) at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:29) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ... 24 more
It works with 1.4.5 nice. No new updates required. Or you find a problem with 1.4.5?