What does it do?
Stables is a plugin that assists with Horse ownership, protection, and other horse related things. Vanilla has no ownership or tracking of horses, only if it has been broken or not. Stables changes this behavior.
Important MC1.11 Notes!
This new version (1.9.11) MAY NOT WORK WITH OLDER MC VERSIONS! It has ONLY been tested with MC 1.11!
MC 1.11 changed a lot with horses. As of Stables v1.9.11, some changes must be made in order to accommodate Llamas, Donkeys, Mules, Zombie horses and Skeleton Horses. In your config.yml, In the "animals" section, you MUST add these to the "allowed" list. Anything NOT in the allowed list will NOT be covered by Stables! (example: allowed: HORSE, ZOMBIE_HORSE, SKELETON_HORSE, LLAMA, DONKEY)
Again, as far as 1.11 is concerned Mules, Donkeys, Zombie/Skeleton horses are NOT Horses, and must be entered SEPARATELY into the config!
As of right this moment, Llama carpet does NOT save. Testing of this version has been VERY limited. Please report any and all bugs via tickets - Be as specific in your reports as possible!
Another note: v1.9.11 will create a new table in your database for stored/stabled horses, and copy all the values over, converting what needs to be converted. For safety purposes, the old table will NOT be removed. It will just no longer be used. I would suggest NOT deleting it yourself for a bit, in case you need to restore a previous version.
All localization messages are still 'Horse' and 'Steed' specific. New default messages will be added in time. As always, you can edit them yourself in the 'language.yml' file.
- To use COST based virtual stables, Vault is required. Free storage does not require any additional plugins.
- Protect Horses from configurable outside damages, including PVP, Environmental (falling/lava) and Monsters
- Adds recipes for Horse Armor (Barding), Name Tags and Saddles
- Now has customizable recipes for these items!
- Adds 'ownership' to horses so others cannot steal them - Use a name tag on a horse to claim it!
- Store horses in virtual stables, and recover them!
- Abilities for Admin/Staff to Remove Ownership
- Sets a max amount of horses one player can own
- Anyone with the stables.admin permission can use horses without permission
- Allow a friend to ride a claimed horse
- Lure a horse from the wild using an item (defaults Golden Carrot - Other suggestions would be Emeralds, Golden Apples)
- Horse Spawning, including ZOMBIE and SKELETON horses!
- Teleport, Summon and Locate your claimed Horses!
- Allows staff to rename horses without changing ownership
- UUID storage for databases -
- Uses connections to 'api.mojang.com' and 'sessionserver.mojang.com' if UUID cannot be resolved on the server.
What's in store for new releases?
- Horse Trading
- (NPC) Races
- Horse purchasing (from NPC)
Permissions & Commands
How does it work?
Name a horse to claim it as your own. Hit it (as the owner) with a new Name Tag (un-renamed) to free it!
- To name a horse, you have to get a NAME TAG. Use the NAME TAG in an ANVIL and change it's name to what you want the horse to be called. Then USE (Right Click) The Horse with the NAMED NAME TAG to name it. This is a VANILLA MINECRAFT feature - it is not included with Stables. This action, however, is what will claim a horse with the Stables plugin.
- You can also set the config to 'AutoOwn = true' - This will automatically claim a horse as soon as it is tamed!
Stables also prevents horses from being killed by players, mobs, environmental, or any combination of these. All options are 100% toggle-able through the config.
This feature can be disabled by the admins by setting the 'allowCommand' config option to false, and then just not creating any stable signs.
To create a stable, simply place a sign with [stables] as the first line. Stables will take over from there. If 'allowCommand' is disabled, you can ONLY use the Virtual Stables feature with a sign. Punch the sign, or type /stables store to store a horse. Please note: Storage does *NOT* save chests right now, nor will it save saddles. This is a known bug.
- Please note: The stables does *NOT* save Horse Speed. This is a Minecraft/Bukkit shortfall, and will be addressed as soon as there is a way to do so.
Stables makes several items craftable - specifically Saddles, Barding (Horse Armor) and Name Tags.
Setting the config option for hard mode recipes will change all ingots/bars to blocks instead.
Localization & Custom Messages
Upon the first run, a file called 'language.yml' will be generated. This will have all the phrases, in English. You may change the phrases to whatever you'd like, or any language you'd like.