What does it do?
Stables is a plugin that assists with Horse ownership, protection, and other horse related things. Vanilla has no ownership or tracking of horses, only if it has been broken or not. Stables changes this behavior.
Important MC1.11 Notes!
This new version (1.9.11) MAY NOT WORK WITH OLDER MC VERSIONS! It has ONLY been tested with MC 1.11!
MC 1.11 changed a lot with horses. As of Stables v1.9.11, some changes must be made in order to accommodate Llamas, Donkeys, Mules, Zombie horses and Skeleton Horses. In your config.yml, In the "animals" section, you MUST add these to the "allowed" list. Anything NOT in the allowed list will NOT be covered by Stables! (example: allowed: HORSE, ZOMBIE_HORSE, SKELETON_HORSE, LLAMA, DONKEY)
Again, as far as 1.11 is concerned Mules, Donkeys, Zombie/Skeleton horses are NOT Horses, and must be entered SEPARATELY into the config!
As of right this moment, Llama carpet does NOT save. Testing of this version has been VERY limited. Please report any and all bugs via tickets - Be as specific in your reports as possible!
Another note: v1.9.11 will create a new table in your database for stored/stabled horses, and copy all the values over, converting what needs to be converted. For safety purposes, the old table will NOT be removed. It will just no longer be used. I would suggest NOT deleting it yourself for a bit, in case you need to restore a previous version.
All localization messages are still 'Horse' and 'Steed' specific. New default messages will be added in time. As always, you can edit them yourself in the 'language.yml' file.
- To use COST based virtual stables, Vault is required. Free storage does not require any additional plugins.
- Protect Horses from configurable outside damages, including PVP, Environmental (falling/lava) and Monsters
- Adds recipes for Horse Armor (Barding), Name Tags and Saddles
- Now has customizable recipes for these items!
- Adds 'ownership' to horses so others cannot steal them - Use a name tag on a horse to claim it!
- Store horses in virtual stables, and recover them!
- Abilities for Admin/Staff to Remove Ownership
- Sets a max amount of horses one player can own
- Anyone with the stables.admin permission can use horses without permission
- Allow a friend to ride a claimed horse
- Lure a horse from the wild using an item (defaults Golden Carrot - Other suggestions would be Emeralds, Golden Apples)
- Horse Spawning, including ZOMBIE and SKELETON horses!
- Teleport, Summon and Locate your claimed Horses!
- Allows staff to rename horses without changing ownership
- UUID storage for databases -
- Uses connections to 'api.mojang.com' and 'sessionserver.mojang.com' if UUID cannot be resolved on the server.
What's in store for new releases?
- Horse Trading
- (NPC) Races
- Horse purchasing (from NPC)
Permissions & Commands
Please see the Permissions & Config Page here.
How does it work?
Name a horse to claim it as your own. Hit it (as the owner) with a new Name Tag (un-renamed) to free it!
- To name a horse, you have to get a NAME TAG. Use the NAME TAG in an ANVIL and change it's name to what you want the horse to be called. Then USE (Right Click) The Horse with the NAMED NAME TAG to name it. This is a VANILLA MINECRAFT feature - it is not included with Stables. This action, however, is what will claim a horse with the Stables plugin.
- You can also set the config to 'AutoOwn = true' - This will automatically claim a horse as soon as it is tamed!
Stables also prevents horses from being killed by players, mobs, environmental, or any combination of these. All options are 100% toggle-able through the config.
This feature can be disabled by the admins by setting the 'allowCommand' config option to false, and then just not creating any stable signs.
To create a stable, simply place a sign with [stables] as the first line. Stables will take over from there. If 'allowCommand' is disabled, you can ONLY use the Virtual Stables feature with a sign. Punch the sign, or type /stables store to store a horse. Please note: Storage does *NOT* save chests right now, nor will it save saddles. This is a known bug.
- Please note: The stables does *NOT* save Horse Speed. This is a Minecraft/Bukkit shortfall, and will be addressed as soon as there is a way to do so.
Please see the Permissions & Config Page here.
Stables makes several items craftable - specifically Saddles, Barding (Horse Armor) and Name Tags.
Setting the config option for hard mode recipes will change all ingots/bars to blocks instead.
Localization & Custom Messages
Upon the first run, a file called 'language.yml' will be generated. This will have all the phrases, in English. You may change the phrases to whatever you'd like, or any language you'd like.
Wondering if there are plans to update to v 1.15.2 and/or 1.16? Or is this a dead plugin?
can you update it to Mc v.1.14 or publish the source code please?
For 1.7 when you try to stable a horse it says to punch the horse to stable it. When i punch it it does nothing. Am I supposed to use a lead or a saddle to punch it or? Also the claiming system where you right click it with a tag doesnt work either. It refuses to claim the horse basically. And the change name option doesnt work even if you set auto claim to be true.
If you're getting "Steed could not be located" or whatever, stay calm. If you're using 1.8 like I am, then don't use the most recent download, download 22.214.171.124. On the file homepage it says there's an issue with anything above that and previous versions of MC. If you do that, then it works. Don't forget to relog when you TP the horse though.
Aww, i miss a 1.12.2 version....
We have a issue.
The command "/stables abandon" dont work. Its say its a unknown command. And yes we have version 1.9.13.
In reply to Forge_User_18242429:
Drop damage true/false
If the horse is dead, can be reborn. This plugin is perfect
Thx for keep updating
This is a very great plugin! and i really recommend it!
LLAMA should work - That's how I have it in mine, and was able to store. (The 'example' line above was from my own config) Make sure you have separated each creature with a comma.
All entity types that 1.11 can handle (and thus, technically Stables) atm can be found here -of course, most of them wouldn't REALLY work (ie, experience orbs, primed tnt). You'll want them listed just as they are there, though. That is, "IRON_GOLEM" is correct. "Iron_Golem" or "IRON GOLEM" is incorrect.
This is awesome, Especially the Virtual Stables! Great plugin
Thank you Raum!
Can you provide a list of all the animals as configured. I had "LLAMA" but it didn't work. I added "LLAMAS" and it worked.
Like, I added "POLAR_BEAR" and "POLARBEAR" and one worked, because I was able to store them.
My players will be very happy campers. Thanks again!
Stables has been updated for 1.11 - Read the important red notes above!
Testing has been very limited. Report all bugs, please.
On our server the stables are giving problems too.
- We can still /recover horses from the stables, placed in there before 1.11, but not get them back in. punching them just hurts them. - Skelly horses /recovered after the update just come out as plain white horses. - Skelly horses are now owned by the owner of the claim they're in instead of the person who named them. they also don't appear in your stables list (tbh i actually never checked if in appeared when i named him after the update) -when an admin brought my skelly horse back to me after the other person claim-problem i can ride it again, but he still didn't appear in my stables list. i also can't put a blank nametag on it. - People on the server i'm on were also asking if it was possible or in the future would be possible to use stables in the end
@raum: That sucks; sorry that happened.
I filed a ticket for the custom names bug, but the summon bug appears to have magically resolved itself.
Before reporting that and another bug (new claims not showing up in
/stables list), I'm waiting for help from my player base in further testing.
Stables is not currently compatible with 1.11 - Several things with horses changed, and a fix is being worked on. If you subscribe to file changes (top bar - click 'subscriptions'), you'll be notified as soon as it uploads.
I stopped using the repository after several people stole the work and claimed it as their own shortly after it came out. Pretty much lost faith in the honor of coders after that. I may or may not make it public again; although with how lax Bukkit's review process has gotten, and how non-existent Spigot's is, I don't have much faith there either.
I get to all reported bugs eventually - however neither of those two mentioned are in tickets; Do elaborate, please.
Can you please open source Stables? We rely on it for horse management and would like to help in updating it to 1.11 as well as fix some outstanding bugs (e.g. /summon not working for unloaded horses, name list not being changeable).
I noticed Stables has a repository, but it hasn't been updated in two years.
Also, can you add support for Llamas as well?
Getting ERRORs in 1.11 with stables, it is basically useless for storing horses. I also had an issue with a player storing a tamed skeleton horse, but it was probably related to this, but I wasn't sure stables was setup to do skeleton horses anyhow.