ColorMe - Add color to player names
Old forum link: Click!
This plugin aims to modify the chat with colors, prefixes and suffixes.
You can set the color/prefix/suffix for individual players or create groups and add players to them.
There are several supported third-party plugins and other supported things like Spout or an economy system.
As a reminder I want to say that I worked very long on this and really appreciate a 'thank you' in form of a donation! (See details on the bottom)
English (thanks @Gavanand Kali for this!)
Google slideshow with all information
Slideshow (like a PowerPoint presentation)
- Add colors to a player's name in chat, above the head and in the tab list
- Prefixer and Suffixer integration. COLORING WITH THE '&' character!
- Group system! Support for PermissionsEx, bPermissions and GroupManager, or use the own implemented system
- Multi-world support
- Economy support via Vault
- TagAPI support - colored nickname above the head without using Spout
- Spout support (colored nickname above your head!)
- Bukkit Permissions support (recommend is bPermissions)
- Get/Set/Remove colors from command-line
- Players are notified if their name color is changed and the new color is displayed
- Tab-list support
- Mix colors
- Create own colors
- Rainbow and random color support
- Use colors in the chat and on signs colors, too
- Automatically color the text
- Feature for new color on each join
- Length limitation (max & min) of prefixes/suffixes
- Word blacklist
- Completely localized, change any message
- NEW Let other plugins use ColorMe values!
- NEW Choose your own chat formatting!
- NOTE: This plugin sends usage statistics! If you wish to disable the usage stats, look at /plugins/PluginMetrics/config.yml!
Having issues with ColorMe?
Maybe your question is already answered!
Take a look at the FAQ
If you still got problems, create a ticket!
See the config here!
Commands & Permissions
Only the bukkit permissions are supported! I highly recommend that you use a plugin for permissions like bPermissions!
If no permission system is found, all commands are for OPs only!
If you want to use ECONOMY, please use Vault!
See the extra site for commands and permissions here!
There is a thread where you can share your custom colors!
English (default) by xGhOsTkiLLeRx
Russian by Coffeemann
German by xGhOsTkiLLeRx
Feel free to share your localizations and they will be added here, just leave a comment with a link to a translated localization.yml!
Thanks for contributing!
Downloads/Source Code/Dev Builds
Development builds of this project can be acquired at the provided continuous integration server. These builds have not been approved by the BukkitDev staff. Use them at your own risk.
Future Plans (a.k.a. ToDo)
Per world colorDone Rainbow color?Done Groups colorAdded in 3.5
Make sure to take a look at the always up to date ToDo!
ColorMe has got an API.
If you are interested into using the API, take a look at the API site.
- Tab list doesn't work all the time.
- Strange player names due to coloring on Windows? Use ANSICON
- Errors will be logged into debug.log when enabled
- Fixed error with groups
- Allow spaces for group prefixes and suffixes, too
- Build against latest bukkit
- Global defaults are working again
- Use Sun coding conventions
- Improved various features
- Fixed various smaller bugs
- Fix for tab shortening
- Try to avoid conflicts with other sign related plugins
- Added German and Russian localization to main page
@Valrix for his awesome plugin! I'm glad you allowed me to fork it!
Thanks to all the testers with the 3.5 dev version!
Feel free to use this banner!! :)
Statistics (from MCStats)
I worked really hard on this plugin and I'm very happy about any donation.
Support me & buy me some beer, this makes me happy and keeps me interested in this plugin.
Donation chain: -> I receive some money -> Buy coffee -> Work longer -> Faster Updates -> Your benefit!
There is a button on top of this page (right to the different tabs)
This plugin is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0) license!