SilkSpawners - Harvest mob spawners with silk touch
Old forum link: Click!
Ever wanted to move a mob spawner? With SilkSpawners, you can now pick up and move monster spawners.
If you use a pickaxe with the silktouch enchantment you will receive the spawner again.
You can control each mob spawner, allow crafting and of course mod support
This plugin was originally written and maintained by mushroomhostage, since he sought for a continuation I'm the new developer.
I'm happy to hear about your opinion, just leave a comment with a feature request, bug, improvement or just a personal opinion.
As a reminder I want to say that I worked very long on this and really appreciate a 'thank you' in form of a donation! (See details on the bottom)
Thanks @smsunarto||Scott Moses Sunarto
- Spawner retains creature type
- Works on any spawner
- Crafting of each spawner
- Showing of creature type when spawners are placed, broken or held
- Commands for
- Changing a spawner in hand or sight
- Getting a new spawner (or egg) in the hand
- Console support
- Left-click spawner with spawn egg to change type (consuming egg or not)
- Permissions support
- Support for
- Custom mobs added by client/server mods
- Spawning any entity with spawn eggs (dragons, non-creature entities, etc.)
- Dumping entity ID map on startup for debugging mods
- Compatible with
++and Spigot (see spawnersUnstackable)
- MCPC(+) and ported mods (auto-detects IDs)
- Not Enough Items (newer builds only)
- Spout (optional)
- Flexible creature type names on input (pigman, zombiepigman, pigzombie, etc. all accepted), official names on output (Magma Cube, not "LavaSlime")
- Colored item names
- Localization of all messages
- NEW: There is an economy addon to charge the users when the change a spawner: SilkSpawnersEcoAddon
Third party features, all of them can be disabled:
- This plugin sends usage statistics! If you wish to disable the usage stats, look at /plugins/PluginMetrics/config.yml!
- This plugin uses ErrorLogger to make errors easier to understand and to report
- Also this plugin is equipped with an auto Updater
See the config here!
You can find a list of permissions and creatures here!
Only the bukkit permissions are supported!
I highly recommend that you use a plugin for permissions like bPermissions
If no permission system is found, all commands are for OPs only!
PERMISSIONS ARE OFF BY DEFAULT
Aliases: silkspawner, ss, spawner, silk, spawnersilk
Description: Change or view the monster spawner creature type
Usage: /silkspawners [creature]|[creature]egg|all
Aliases: eggs, eg
Description: Change the egg type
Usage: /egg [creature]|[creature]egg|all
English (default) by xGhOsTkiLLeRx
German by xGhOsTkiLLeRx
Feel free to share your localizations and they will be added here, just leave a comment with a link to a translated localization.yml!
Thanks for contributing!
Downloads/Source Code/Dev Builds
Development builds of this project can be acquired at the provided continuous integration server. These builds have not been approved by the BukkitDev staff. Use them at your own risk.
Future Plans (a.k.a. ToDo)
Maybe add economyDeveloped an addon, SilkSpawnersEcoAddon Better API?Added in 3.1, custom event
Make sure to take a look at the always up to date ToDo!
- I have not found any while testing, if you find any, create a ticket!
- Mobs like Ghasts or Giants are too big for the spawner, this a Minecraft bug and I can't fix that
SilkSpawners stores the entity ID of creature within the mob spawner item:
- Durability (damage value)
- Older versions used some sort of "fake enchantments", this is not longer used!
When a spawner block is broken, a spawner item drops with the appropriate entity ID stored, obtained from the creature spawner tile entity (CraftCreatureSpawner).
When a spawner block is placed, the entity ID is read from the item and the spawner creature type is set (using the CreatureSpawner BlockState).
EntityIDs of the vanilla mobs.
Bukkit provides an EntityType wrapper, but it is implemented using an enum which cannot be easily extended by mods (without using reflection, as they do for the ItemStack wrapper), so SilkSpawners does not use this enum when possible, and instead directly accesses the net.minecraft.server classes if it can.
If it fails or if useReflection is false, SilkSpawners will fallback to the EntityType wrapper.
SilkSpawners is equipped with an API. You can find more information here!
- Updated for 1.5.2
- The plugin won't start, if the Minecraft version is wrong
- Fixed wrong default recipe
- Updated for 1.5.1
- AutoUpdater won't download files for the wrong MC version anymore
@mushroomhostage for his awesome plugin! I'm glad you allowed me to maintain it!
Thanks to all the testers with the 3.0 dev versions!
Feel free to use this banner!! :)
Statistics (from MCStats)
I worked really hard on this plugin and I'm very happy about any donation.
Support me & buy me some beer, this makes me happy and keeps me interested in this plugin.
Donation chain: -> I receive some money -> Buy coffee -> Work longer -> Faster Updates -> Your benefit!
There is a button on top of this page (right to the different tabs)
This plugin is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0) license!
Table of contents
- 1 SilkSpawners - Harvest mob spawners with silk touch
- 2 Version v3.2.2
- 3 Old forum link: Click!
- 4 Description
- 5 Demonstration
- 6 Features
- 7 Configuration
- 8 Permissions
- 9 Commands
- 10 Localization
- 11 Downloads/Source Code/Dev Builds
- 12 Future Plans (a.k.a. ToDo)
- 13 Known Bugs
- 14 Technical Details
- 15 API
- 16 Changelog
- 17 Credits
- 18 Banner
- 19 Statistics (from MCStats)
- 20 Donations
- 21 License
- Date created
- Jan 22, 2012
- Last update
- May 02, 2013
- Development stage
- Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0)
- Curse link
- Recent files
- R: SilkSpawners v3.2.2 [MC Version 1.5.2] for CB 1.5.2-R0.1 May 02, 2013
- R: SilkSpawners v3.2.1 [MC Version 1.5.1] for 1.5.1 Mar 20, 2013
- R: SilkSpawners v3.2 [MC Version 1.5] for 1.5.0 Mar 16, 2013
- R: SilkSpawners v3.1 [MC Version 1.4.7] for CB 1.4.7-R1.0 Feb 27, 2013
- R: SilkSpawners v3.0 for CB 1.4.7-R1.0 Feb 11, 2013