SkyBukkit seamlessly brings SkyBlock to Bukkit servers. It allows players to easily and effectively play SkyBlock alone or with their friends on any Bukkit server, even when a survival world already exists.
For example, on a standard Bukkit server, a player might decide that he has had enough survival gameplay for the day. By simply typing “/island home” the player can teleport to his completely-separate SkyBlock and get to work there. Furthermore, the player would automatically have his inventory, armor, xp, hunger, health, saturation and exhaustion switched, just like he had logged onto another, SkyBlock-dedicated, server.
This same player could then just use “/island spawn” to jump right back into his normal survival environment, while all of his items, etc. are switched back.
While plugins like this do already exist, they all have far fewer features and those projects are outdated with their authors vanished off of the face of the earth. This project attempts to remedy the problem, while offering a server experience like no other.
This plugin has been re-written completely from scratch to achieve maximum performance and compatibility on Bukkit servers.
Release v0.6.0 contains a number of accessibility fixes.
Release v0.5.14 removes some super-hacky CB-dependant code, amoung other things.
Release v0.5.13 contains serveral technical fixes as well as some anti-cheat item duplicaiton protection.
You are also probably going to want to install a plugin like MultiVerse, which will allow you to create a separate world for SkyBlock instances.
PLEASE NOTE: It is highly inadvisable to make your SkyBukkit world an existing survival world. If you do, it will create a host of problems, for example:
- When a player creates a SkyBlock, a giant area of land will become un-editable by other players, as it infringes on their protected SkyBlock land area.
- When a player deletes a SkyBlock, a giant area of land from sky to bedrock will be deleted, creating a massive void pit.
Instead, a separate world should be created (using a plugin similar to MultiVerse) which is using the cleanroom world generator.
Simply place the plugin in the standard Bukkit plugin directory and it will automatically generate its configuration the next time the server is run. The default configuration is fine for normal use, but feel free to tweak it for a unique server experience (all available options are available below).
Players simply use “/island create” to create their own SkyBlock instance. They are automatically teleported to their new island and their inventory is switched for them. To delete or replace the SkyBlock they use “/island destroy” or "/island replace" respectively.
Say a player wanted to invite his friend over to his SkyBlock so they could play together. Said player would use a party. Just by typing “/island invite <friend>” they can create a new party and invite the friend to join. The friend would accept or decline the invitation be using “/island accept” or “/island decline”, respectively. The friend could leave at any time with “/island leave”.
That is just a snapshot of all available commands. They, with their accompanying descriptions and permission nodes, can be found further down.
Please Note: All of the below configuration options are compulsory. If any are omitted, they will be re-generated next time the server starts.
|center: x:||0||X co-ordinate of where the center island should be placed.|
|center: z:||0||Z co-ordinate of where the center island should be placed.|
|pvpEnabled:||false||Whether or not PVP is allows on islands.|
|switchInventories:||true||Whether or not SkyBukkit will auto-switch inventories.|
|world:||world||Name of the world where the islands should be stored.|
|partyMaxSize:||0||The maximum number of players allowed in a single party if INF (0)|
|islandHeight:||128||Y co-ordinate of where newly-generated islands should be placed.|
|islandSpacing:||120||Distance between generated islands.|
|islandSize:||100||Size of the protection “bubble” between SkyBlocks.|
|items:||(LIST)||List of all items in the SkyBlock chest.|
|items: id:||(INTEGER)||ID of an item in the chest.|
|items: dmg:||(INTEGER)||Damage value of an item in the chest.|
|items: qty:||(INTEGER)||Quantity of an item in the chest.|
A sample configuration file containing the default values can be found below:
center: x: 0 z: 0 pvpEnabled: false switchInventories: true world: world partyMaxSize: 0 islandHeight: 160 islandSpacing: 120 islandSize: 100 items: - id: 287 dmg: 0 qty: 12 - id: 327 dmg: 0 qty: 1 - id: 352 dmg: 0 qty: 1 - id: 338 dmg: 0 qty: 1 - id: 40 dmg: 0 qty: 1 - id: 79 dmg: 0 qty: 2 - id: 361 dmg: 0 qty: 1 - id: 39 dmg: 0 qty: 1 - id: 360 dmg: 0 qty: 1 - id: 81 dmg: 0 qty: 1 - id: 323 dmg: 0 qty: 1
Please Note: Wildcard *s are valid in permission nodes. Commands may also be prefixed with the alias /is instead of /island.
|/island create||skybukkit.island.create||Create a new SkyBlock.|
|/island destroy||skybukkit.island.destroy||Destroy your current SkyBlock.|
|/island replace||skybukkit.island.replace||Replace your current SkyBlock.|
|/island home||skybukkit.tp.home||Teleport to your SkyBlock, and save your inventory.|
|/island spawn||skybukkit.tp.spawn||Teleport to the main world, restoring your inventory.|
|/island invite <player>||skybukkit.party.invite||Invite <player> to your SkyBlock, creating a party.|
|/island kick <player>||skybukkit.party.kick||Kick <player> from your party.|
|/island promote <player>||skybukkit.party.promote||Make <player> the party leader.|
|/island accept||skybukkit.party.accept||Accept a pending invitation.|
|/island decline||skybukkit.party.decline||Decline a pending inviation.|
|/island leave||skybukkit.party.leave||Leave your current party.|
|/island leader||skybukkit.party.leader||Display your party leader.|
|/island members||skybukkit.party.members||Display your party's members.|
|/island admin destroy <player>||skybukkit.admin.destroy||Destroy <player>'s SkyBlock.|
|/island admin tp <player>||skybukkit.admin.tp||Teleport to <player>'s SkyBlock.|
|/island help||N/A||Display this help message.|
The latest plugin build can be downloaded here.
- More feedback towards players when using commands or playing
- Perform check when issuing /island home
- Resend Chunks When an Island is created/destroyed.
- Extreme Server Tick Lag. Do the "heavy-lifting" in a worker.
- Max Players per Party
- Configurable Items and Quantities
- Option to disable inventory management
- Added /is command alias
- Shortened all "/island party *" commands to just "/island *"
- Deny disallowed players entry
- /island world -> /island spawn
- Leave the sky when you use /island leave
- Go to the sky when you use /island accept
- Inform implicitly promoted players that they have been promoted
- Inform party members when a member leaves their party
- Inform promoted players that they have been promoted
- Enabled maven resource filtering for plugin.yml
- Removed super hacky cb refs
- Changed pom
- Fixed maven dependancies
- Fixed a fatal island creation bug
- Fixed an entity removal bug
- Fixed an island protection bug
- Fixed an island respawning bug
- Fixed another island respawning bug
- Fixed a island creation tick lag bug
- Fixed teleportation and other random bugs
- Fixed protection regions not being removed
- Save WG Regions
- Fixed syntax errors
- Fixed potential CCE
- Made config error messages more user-friendly
- Spelling error correction
- Fixed Deserialization NPE
- Fixed Island Un-Protection Exceptions
- Made party max sizes work
- Fixed another NPE
- Fix docs
- Fixed party commands
- Fixed NPE
- Fixed spelling
- Properly color player names
SkyBukkit is in a preliminary phase, so please feel free to file a ticket for any feature requests you may have.
How Can I Help?
The plugin is developed solely by me in my free time so:
- If you are a developer would like to contribute to this project, or any of my other projects, please PM me or email me at email@example.com.
- If you are a not developer but would still like to contribute somehow, please consider donating. Donations are highly valued and much appreciated.
Developer: Keeley Hoek (escortkeel)
Table of contents
- 1 SkyBukkit
- 1.1 General
- 1.2 News
- 1.3 Use
- 1.4 Download
- 1.5 Latest Changes
- 1.6 Planned Features
- 1.7 How Can I Help?
- 1.8 About
- Date created
- Aug 11, 2012
- Last update
- Jan 09, 2013
- Development stage
- Simplified BSD License
- Curse link
- Recent files