WorldGuard is a powerful plugin providing all the little things (and some big ones), and it protects your servers from various problems.
- Block creeper and wither block damage, falling damage, etc.;
- Disable fire spread, lava fire spread, ice formation, Endermen picking up blocks, etc.;
- Blacklist certain items and blocks so they can't be used;
- Warn moderators when certain items and blocks are used;
- Protect areas of your world so only certain people can build in them;
- Set areas where PVP, TNT, mob damage, and other features are disabled;
- Protect your server from various 'exploits' like magical obsidian creation machines;
- Disable, or enable, various Minecraft features, like sponges from classic;
- Add useful commands like an immediate "STOP ALL FIRE SPREAD" command.
- Enable only features you want! Everything is off by default.
Quote from the author:
Bukkit is currently required. In the future, WorldGuard will be available for Forge and other APIs.
- Install WorldEdit first. (DON'T FORGET THIS)
- Download WorldGuard and install it the same way.
- Run your server once to generate the files.
- Edit plugins/WorldGuard/config.yml to your liking.
- Use the command /wg reload to reload your configuration (use worldguard.* for all permissions).
To setup protected regions or the blacklist, you'll have to read the wiki (see below).
Want more features, faster? We need some help with something!
What are the permissions? The commands? Check out the wiki below.
- Project leader: Contact @sk89q on Twitter
- Lead developers: sk89q, TomyLobo, wizjany, and zml2008
- Project started: In December 2010 (Bukkit was started January 2011)
Check out sk89q's server:
- Date created
- Aug 25, 2011
- Last update
- May 18, 2013
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3)
- Curse link
- Recent files