Download latest.... Download latest
Looking for testers and documenters for the upcoming versions of the rewritten (new) Paintball plugin
Paintball is now more than 3 and a half years old. More than 2 years ago I already started working on a rewrite of Paintball, with the aim of making long wanted features finally possible and hopefully making future additions easier.
Even though I was interrupted multiple times by working on other things (including updates to the current paintball, or other plugins, or completely unrelated projects and activities), the rewrite of Paintball is finally getting closer to an early, working version!
However, because this rewrite is basically a complete new plugin with lots of changes, additions and increased complexity compared to the currently available version, I want to get some basic initial feedback first before I start publishing it.
This will hopefully keep the amount of issues and questions below a manageable limit once the plugin gets finally released.
If you are interested in testing out this very early alpha version of the Paintball rewrite and helping me by providing feedback then please contact me via Private Message (PM) here on dev.bukkit.org. Please include your skype contact information (you need to be able to write with me in english or german language).
That's it. Thanks already! And please don't wonder if I don't respond to your message instantly. It might take a few days before I start contacting people.
Paintball is a fast paced and action packed multiplayer game.
In the classic TeamDeathMatch mode 2 teams compete against each other to bombard each other with snowballs. Once a player is hit, he's out and automatically leaves the arena and has to wait in the paintball lobby for his mates to finish and the next match to start. In the Paintball lobby you will meet all paintball players, choose your team and wait for enough players, or the end of the last match. When all conditions are met, a countdown starts which announces the next match.
Some license stuff:
Usage on own risk. Do not modify the code. Do not redistribute or copy. Do not use for commercial purposes! Neither direct nor indirect. So this also applies to add-ons used related to this plugin! Make sure, that your "donors" don't get any benefits that can be used related to paintball.
More details on the bottom of this page.
Our main target is to keep this plugin easily integratable on any standard survival server without disturbing the survival feeling. You don't have to dedicate a whole server or world to this plugin!
Paintball is constantly expanding. There are more and more features added which have not much to do with the classic paintball game. But do not panic: According to your personal preferences you can modify or disable most things in the config.yml in the Paintball folder.
- No client or server modifications or additional plugins are required !
- Multiple Arenas: Build as many arenas as you like !
- Complete freedom on what your arena looks like! As Paintball does not care about your arenas borders, your arena can have any shape and layout, as long as it is impenetrable. Simple build some sort of wall around your arena to keep your players inside.
- Multiple Spawns: Paintball lets you define multiple spawn points for each team (red, blue, spectators) !
- Automatic-Lobby-Arena-System: The Paintball lobby will automatically rotate through all your ready arenas. No need for administrators to be online !
Limitation: Currently there can always only run one match at a time.
- Easy: No complex setup needed ! Only 4 commands and your arena is ready and added to the automatic arena rotation !
- Mechanism to strictly seperate Survival and Paintball and to prevent "cheating" in and with Paintball.
- Easy and individually adjustable small Shop, where you can buy ammunition or other special and unique "weapons", gadgets and power-ups with the Paintball-Cash earned during the matches.
- Ranking: Your players gain points to compete with each other !
- Various statistics: examples are Points, Cash, Kills, Deaths, Hits, Shots, KD, Accurancy, Teamattacks, Wins and Defeats for each player, each arena and as a whole.
- Toggleable Killfeed ! Turn it off if it spams you !
- Most stuff is configurable ! For advanced information click here.
- Much, much more!
Easy integration on every survival server!
Our main target is to keep this plugin easily integratable on any standard survival server without disturbing the survival feeling. Players shall not be able to swindle items or gain other advantages over survival players through Paintball.
Here you got some sort of overview what actions are taken to protect the survival-part of the server:
People with the 'paintball.admin' permissions node can bypass some of them.
- Prevent commands that are not related to Paintball. So player can't teleport or use commands as a benefit.
- Prevent breaking and placing of blocks.
- Prevent dropping and picking up items, or dropping the armor.
- Options to let players only join with full health or hunger so they can't escape during fights.
- Options to save the players inventory when joining the lobby and restore afterwards.
- Paintball inventory is cleared when leaving the lobby.
- Turned off damage and starvation inside the lobby.
- Many things can be disabled if they create problems with your other plugins.
- Explosions do no damage to blocks.
- Only Paintball players receive the Paintball messages. Your other players will not get spammed.
Videos on Youtube!
Check the forum for more videos! -> Click !
A french plugin description and video can be found here:
Hint about version checking and stats collecting:
This plugin is checking dev.bukkit.org for new updates. This can be disabled in the config with the setting "Server.Version Check".
This plugin is also doing some periodically stats tracking to mcstats.org which helps me to determine how many servers are using it. This can be disabled with the setting "Server.Metrics".
And the plugin is also sending some stats to blablubbabc.de to maybe prepare for some kind of later serverlist (a list of paintball servers). Currently those data are only stored in a non-public mysql table on my server.
- This means that this plugin is sending some general information about the minecraftserver, like: ip-adress, port, servername, slots, motd, bukkit version, if server is in onlinemode and if it has whitelist enabled.
- And some information about paintball like: how many players already played paintball there and if it is an paintball-only server (autolobby enabled) and if the server admin wants the server to be listed at some kind of public server list later, when it is finished.
→Those data are currently only send once every reload.
→ For people who don't want to share these informations with me :( → you can en- and disable this in the serverlist config (plugins/Paintball/serverlist.yml) with the setting "post enabled"
For bug reports or fixes for common problems take a look at the Known Bugs page.
Don't spam with your error here !
For a list of ideas and suggestions take a look at the Ideas page!
Feel free to leave a message here!
(How you like it, what you like most, what you like in no way. I'm interested in your opinion!)
A big "thank you" to everybody who is keeping my motivation up through donations!
Usage conditions / License
Paintball Server Plugin for Minecraft
- Usage of this software is on own risk. I give no warranty in any kind that this software is working like intended.
- Do not modify the code! Use it as it is, or don't use it.
- Do not redistribute or upload it somewhere else. People can always download it for themselves from this page.
- Do not use for commercial purposes! This also applies to add-ons (other plugins or services for example) which are related to this plugin! Example: Make sure, that your "donors" don't get any benefits that can be used related to paintball.
- These conditions affect you, unless you have a different agreement with me.
Thank you for respecting these conditions!
If you have any questions on this feel free to contact me.
- Date created
- Jul 02, 2012
- Last update
- Sep 07, 2015
- Development stage
- All Rights Reserved
- Curse link
- Paintball War Edition
- Recent files