What can it do?
Cannons is a highly configurable plugin which allows you to fire block build cannons. It is possible to aim and load different amounts of gunpowder to hit targets at different ranges. The power of redstone makes it possible to set the gun to auto load and activate the rapid fire mode. Choose your projectile from a broad spectrum of cannonballs and smash the enemy.
With Cannons 2.0 you are also able to design your own cannons using .schematic files and give each cannon their own settings, as well as different types of projectiles.
- Build a cannon out blocks
- Fire different projectiles and smash the enemy
- Use redstone to fire guns from distance
- Rapid fire with auto-load possible
- Destroyed blocks can be restored with CreeperHeal (if 'custom' option is true)
- Highly configurable
How to use it
This plugin was created to make cannons which can really be fired. Build the barrel with 3 wool blocks (can be changed in the config) and attach a button on both ends. Put a torch on the first block of the barrel and the system will recognize the cannon. The cannon must be loaded with sulfur and a cannonball (e.g. cobblestone) by right clicking on the barrel with the item selected in your hand. The more gunpowder you load in the barrel the farther the cannon ball will fly and the more penetration it will have.
To increase the vertical firing angle, right click the upper or lower side of the barrel with empty hands. By right clicking on the side of the barrel the horizontal firing angle can be increased. Shift+right click will decrease the angle. You can also aim by using the aiming mode. Click with the clock on the barrel and look in the direction you want to fire. If you have loaded and adjusted the gun right click the torch to fire.
The cannon can also be fired with a redstone torch underneath the barrel. For the 'autofire' mode you need to place a chest next to the block with the torch above (how it should look like). Load gunpowder and the projectile into it and the cannon will reload automatically. You have to wear a helmet to protect yourself else the noise of the gun blast will confuse you.
- GuildAwards (if you want to use the cannons guild - not necessary)
- WorldGuard (flag protection: '/region flag NAME other-explosion deny')
- CreeperHeal (custom explosion)
- Install WorldEdit first (don't forget this)
- Copy the cannons.jar into your Bukkit's "plugins" directory, then run the server.
This plugin requires:
This plugin utilises Hidendra's plugin metrics system, which means that the following information is collected and sent to mcstats.org:
- A unique identifier
- The server's version of Java
- Whether the server is in offline or online mode
- The plugin's version
- The server's version
- The OS version/name and architecture
- The core count for the CPU
- The number of players online
- The Metrics version If you wish to disable this feature (/me cries), you can do so by opt-ing out, which you can do in the config file under /plugins/PluginMetrics/
Information for Cannons 2.0+
- The cannon ball (snowball) becomes invisible after 60 blocks but hits the target.
- Voxelsniper will delete Buttons/Torches when you load the gun (be careful when you click the barrel)
- SuperBreaker can break other plugins if they use obsidian blocks
- Movecraft API
- custom cannon design
- custom projectile design
- Date created
- Mar 04, 2012
- Last update
- Dec 09, 2013
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3)
- Curse link
- Recent files