AutoMessage

Scheduled Messages Ideas?

• 10 posts
    #1 Jul 02, 2013 at 06:11 UTC - 0 likes

Hey everyone,

Before I get started on scheduled messages I want to get ideas from all of you on what features you would like to see and ways of implementing them that way I can design it for your ease of use! Post your ideas below!

I am available for custom plugin development! Send me a message if you are interested! BFAK:ELCHILEN0,90636997,74024bb5dfa84365786510e2a1a1c43aab5bd77b81384357fdd80f70e630c663

#2 Aug 03, 2013 at 13:01 UTC - 0 likes

Hello,

just thought of the scheduled messages too. As I have a Restart every day a message 5 minutes before a restart would be great.

The restart is always 4am UTC+2 summertime (UTC+1 standard time). So implementing a system where I can define a given time would be great. But I would suggest to define UTC+0 as standard timezone or implement an way to choose the timezone. Maybe an ingame command /am time to get the time AutoMessage is on would be good.

For the configuration part I think something like this would be a good way: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=uEfWRADt But I could also imagine to change my setup a bit. the scheduledlist could be a boolean in every list and the timezone setting could be in the main part. But I think my pastebin example is the most configurable one. :)

I am open to discuss this, just answer :)

Thanks for the great plugin though (:

#3 Aug 03, 2013 at 14:08 UTC - 0 likes
    Quote from SiFlux: Go

Hello,

just thought of the scheduled messages too. As I have a Restart every day a message 5 minutes before a restart would be great.

The restart is always 4am UTC+2 summertime (UTC+1 standard time). So implementing a system where I can define a given time would be great. But I would suggest to define UTC+0 as standard timezone or implement an way to choose the timezone. Maybe an ingame command /am time to get the time AutoMessage is on would be good.

For the configuration part I think something like this would be a good way: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=uEfWRADt But I could also imagine to change my setup a bit. the scheduledlist could be a boolean in every list and the timezone setting could be in the main part. But I think my pastebin example is the most configurable one. :)

I am open to discuss this, just answer :)

Thanks for the great plugin though (:

I like your config suggestion, but the time should be in a 24 hours format. ;P

#4 Aug 03, 2013 at 17:00 UTC - 0 likes

Thanks, :)

As I am from Austria, so Europe, I absolutly agree. But he is from USA so I thought he will prefer his 12 hours format. If the author is a perfectionist he could add another option in the main settings called "ampm-time" where we can decide it by ourself. It is a simple boolean where "true" would mean 12-hour format and "false" would mean 24-hour format. That would be the best solution I think. :)

Best Regards

#5 Aug 31, 2013 at 13:58 UTC - 0 likes

SiFlux cfg suggestion sounds good, also i would appreciate an 24 hour option. And just lik SiFlux I would also mainly use scheduled messages for announcing server shutdowns/restarts. I cant wait to have this possibility in the next plugin version.

#6 Dec 23, 2013 at 00:15 UTC - 0 likes

About Apostrophes

This isn't a suggestion but just to point out, you don't need to add a double quote in place of an apostrophe. You can simply put your message in double quotes, and use apostrophes normally.

Example (normally): 'Don"t do drugs'

Example (alternatively): "Don't do drugs"

It works just the same.

#7 Jan 06, 2014 at 23:28 UTC - 0 likes

an /am optout would be a handy command for users/players. And a way to set some messages to be optout enabled, and others not. Like a optout: true/false for each message. So that a player can opt out of seeing messages they have seen and understand. And/or an opt-out expiry on messages, so like new messages can be set to not allowed opt-out of for a week, but thereafter can be opt-out of.

#8 Mar 06, 2014 at 17:18 UTC - 0 likes

Hiho

Is it possible to make permissions combined with the message-lists?
    Example:

Admins=permission: automessage.*

City1-citizen=permission:
    automessage.commands.reload
    automessage.commands.add.city1
    automessage.commands.edit.city1
    automessage.commands.remove.city1
    automessage.commands.enabled.city1
    automessage.commands.interval.city1
    automessage.commands.random.city1

City2-citizen=permission:
    automessage.commands.reload
    automessage.commands.add.city2
    automessage.commands.edit.city2
    automessage.commands.remove.city2
    automessage.commands.enabled.city2
    automessage.commands.interval.city2
    automessage.commands.random.city2

message-lists:
    default:
    - '&3bloblo'
    city1:
    - '&3bloblo'
    city2:
    - '&3bloblo'

#9 Mar 22, 2014 at 21:48 UTC - 0 likes

I know this is a very late post but I have come to what might be a better solution. Instead of solely implementing the message lists as "scheduled" it might be a better alternative to add a crontab section which is essentially a section that specifies a date and a command. If done this way, at specific times the message would be broadcasted and the user could setup as many entries as desired. It would be external from the message lists but it could be used to broadcast a specific message from the message list. I am thinking it would follow the same syntax as the messages in a message list so either messages or commands could be sent.

#10 Mar 27, 2014 at 04:07 UTC - 0 likes

Please make it so you can set up messages for different worlds!

• 10 posts

You must login to post a comment. Don't have an account? Register to get one!