AutoMessage features a fully dynamic configuration to allow customization of almost every aspect of the plugin. If you would prefer to use the in-game commands then you do not need to read this however many users prefer editing the file manually then reloading the config. Always verify that your YAML syntax is correct here!
settings: enabled: true min-players: 5 log-to-console: true auto-update: true message-lists: default: enabled: true random: true interval: 60 prefix: '[&aTIP!&r] ' messages: - '&1First&f message in the loaded messages!' - '&2Second&f message in the loaded messages!' - '&3Third&f message in the loaded messages!'
Messages Lists are the basis of AutoMessage. They allow you to have multiple sets of messages that you can send to different players or groups. # Pick a name to represent your list.
- Copy the format from the default configuration shown above.
- Modify the settings as desired until it fits your needs perfectly.
- Verify that there are no errors with your config then save.
- Reload the configuration and add the permission automessage.receive.(message-list) where (message-list) is the newly created list to the appropriate players or groups.
- Enabled (Boolean) will enable or disable the plugin however it will not be removed from memory.
- Interval (Integer) sets the time between each broadcast in seconds.
- Prefix (String) is the prefix that will be shown in front of every message.
- Random (Boolean) determines whether to randomize the order of the messages when broadcasting.
- LogToConsole (Boolean) will decide whether the messages will appear in the console or not when broadcasting.
- Messages (Array) these are the messages that are broadcasted to the server.
- Open the config.yml located in the AutoMessage folder in your plugins directory in your favorite text editor.
- Edit the values accordingly click here if you need a description of the value types.
- Add or edit the message lists and configure them to your liking!
- Edit the messages to your liking. Feel free to add more or remove some whatever fits your server the best. Be sure that you enclose each message with ' ' and have proper spacing infront of the messages!
- Copy and paste your config into a YAML syntax checker such as the one found here; fix any errors that occur.
- Re-paste your "fixed" config back into the text editor.
- Save your file then reload the config from console or from in-game by doing /am reload!
- Give the appropriate permission to the players or groups who you want to receive the messages in the message list.
- Apostrophes can be added by replacing single apostrophes ( ' ) with double apostrophes ( '' ).
- Boolean - A boolean is like a toggle and can consist of either true or false.
- String - Any string of text that is enclosed by ' '.
- Array - An array usually consists of multiple values.