What is TwitterCraft?
Like Twitter? Like Minecraft?
I have the solution...TwitterCraft!
TwitterCraft is a fully-functional plugin for Bukkit. Using "twitter4j," I expanded on previous attempts at a plugin like this and made it as simple as possible.
/tweet [message] - send a tweet!
How do I set it up?
1. Open up a command prompt program. On a mac it is called "Terminal."
2. A console window should pop up with the following text:
Last login: [Some time] on ttys000
3. In terminal, type the following text, replacing (space) with a space:
4. Now drag the "GetAccessToken.jar" file from the "TwitterCraft" folder into the console, and press enter. If all goes well it will open up your web browser to a website on Twitter.com. You will be forced to sign in if you aren't already.
5. Click Authorize app. It should take you to a different page with some numbers on it. Copy those numbers, and paste them back into the terminal where it says "[PIN]: " Press enter.
6. If it succeeds, it will save a file named "twitter4j.properties" on your computer in your home directory. The console will tell you where it is exactly.
7. Find the "twitter4j.properties" file and put it in your server directory, the same folder that includes "ops.txt," "server.properties," and "plugins."
8. Back to the "TwitterCraft" folder, open up the folder entitled "plugins." Upon opening it you will find a single "jar" file, "TwitterCraft.jar." Drag that directly into the server's "plugins" folder. Note that you don't do anything with the GetAccessToken.jar file after step 4, do not place it in "plugins."
9. Launch your server and log in. To tweet, type "/tweet [message]." It will send the tweet directly to Twitter, no harm done.
Sounds cool...does it have permissions?
twitter.tweet - lets you tweet.
Mhmm...how about source?
Ask me if you have any questions.