If you would like to see this in action, logon to our Minecraft server at: minesrv.almuramc.com
InfoGuide is designed to be a resource for players to go to find information about about the particular server that they are playing on. Instead of having to go back and forth between the website or looking at the Wiki's for plugin command line information, Server Administrators can use this plugin and post that crucial information into Guides that players can look at when ever they need information.
This plug allows an administrator to Add/Edit/Delete guides in real-time without having to stop/start the server to push new information out to all of your users. Server Administrators also have the ability to cut and copy information directly in the .yml files that this plugin creates for its guides.
Spoutcraft & SpoutPlugin
Get Spoutcraft & Spoutplugin Now! >> Get Spout!
How to Use?
Currently once you install the InfoGuide plugin into your servers plugin directory it will automatically appear when a user logs in. If they close it and wish to see it later you can press F12 to view the guides. This option is configurable in the Spoutcraft/client Controls > Keybind section.
Now With Color Support!!. You can use the color codes in the text fields by using #4 Red. It will accept all the possible color & formatting codes.
With the release of version 2.4 we added the ability to call up a specific guide via a command. Example:
/InfoGuide Starter Guide for Newbies
This will open up the infoguide interface with the "Starter Guide for Newbies" being automatically loaded.
- BLACK = #0
- DARK_BLUE = #1
- DARK_GREEN = #2
- DARK_AQUA = #3
- DARK_RED = #4
- DARK_PURPLE = #5
- GOLD = #6
- GRAY = #7
- DARK_GRAY = #8
- BLUE = #9
- GREEN = #a
- AQUA = #b
- RED = #c
- LIGHT_PURPLE = #d
- YELLOW = #e
- WHITE = #f
- MAGIC Random Code = #k
- BOLD = #l
- STRIKETHROUGH = #m
- UNDERLINE = #n
- ITALIC = #o
- RESET to Default = #r
File: config.yml Options:
- PromptTitle: (Name of your Server?)
- TitleX: (numeric value used to help center your title in the guide window)
- DisplayOnLogin: (Enable or Disable Display on Login Feature)
- Hot_Key: (Configurable Default HotKey to assign to InfoGuide, is changeable client side afterwards in Controls.)
- GUITexture: Set your Custom Texture here or use my default.
- DefaultGuide: (Specify the name of the guide you would like to load first)
- GuestGuide: Specific Guide based on InfoGuide.GuestGuide permission
- MemberGuide: Specific Guide based on InfoGuide.MemberGuide permission
- SuperMemberGuide: Specific Guide based on InfoGuide.SuperMemberGuide permission
- ModeratorGuide: Specific Guide based on InfoGuide.ModeratorGuide permission
- This is the configuration file we use when you allow users to bypass the InfoGuide screen when they login. Look down further for information regarding permissions nodes.
File: guides.yml (filename is dynamic based on Guide Title) Options:
- Name: (Name Displayed in Title & Drop Down Menu)
- Date: (Date Stamp the last time the guide was modified)
- Nr1: (stores guide information, now with unlimited number of pages)
Here's a list of specific permissions nodes for this plugin and what each does.
- infoguide.bypass = Allows the users to set the option to bypass the InfoGuide when they login.
- infoguide.bypassall = Allow admins to force users or groups to bypass the InfoGuide at Login.
- infoguide.edit = Allows the user to make changes to a guide.
- infoguide.create = Allows the user to create new guides.
- infoguide.delete = Allows the user to delete current guides.
- infoguide.admin = Allows a users to do all of the above, also overrides any InfoGuide.hide permission..
- infoguide.view = Allows users to view all guides [Can View All Guides]
- infoguide.view.[guidenamehere] = Allows User to specifically see this guide, also overrides a InfoGuide.hide permission.
- infoguide.hide.[guidenamehere] = Hides this specific guide from specific groups/users.
- infoguide.guestguide = Pre-sets the config.yml default guide.
- infoguide.memberguide = Pre-sets the config.yml default guide.
- infoguide.supermemberguide = Pre-sets the config.yml default guide.
- infoguide.moderatorguide = Pre-sets the config.yml default guide.
Support for this and all other AlmuraDev plugins can be found by joining our chat channel here: