This plugin gives bare basic jail functionality. It allows you to set two points: the Jail point and the Unjail point. Then, when you jail a player, he/she will be teleported to the jail point and demoted to the Permissions group specified in the config.yml. Unjail will re-promote the player and teleport back out of the jail to the unjail point.
SimpleJail 3 is now complete! It is a complete rewrite from the ground-up. It shares no code with SimpleJail 2.x. However, the featureset has remained exactly the same. This does not mean that it's just a useless update, though, since it basically makes the codebase maintainable again. This will hopefully make updates less of a chore in the future.
Please note, SimpleJail 3 is not backwards-compatible. You cannot just drop it in and expect everything to work. You must delete the SimpleJail data folder before running SimpleJail 3. Fortunately, I don't expect this to be too much of a hassle since the plugin is so simple. While I have tested SimpleJail 3 thoroughly, since it is completely new, it may have bugs. Please, if you find any, report them here, do not just leave a comment on this page. Even if it's a feature request, feel free to open a ticket there. It's easier for me to manage issues there than it is on a comment page.
Finally, about the future of SimpleJailCells: it is not currently updated to work with SimpleJail 3, but I would like to do so sometime soon. With a completely new version with a new API, I think I can get something working, but it's a tricky issue. I'm still somewhat opposed to adding cells as a core feature, simply because I'm worried about feature creep, but I haven't ruled it out yet.
Thanks for sticking with SimpleJail.
- Use /setjail and /setunjail to easily set the two teleport locations
- Set the group that jailed players will be demoted to in the config file
- Players' initial groups are saved, so a normal jailed player will revert to a normal rank when unjailed, and a player with the VIP class will revert to the VIP class
- Works with Vault
- Players in jail will respawn in jail
- You can tempjail players who will be automatically unjailed after a set time
- You can jail/unjail players even while they are offline
- simplejail.jail — Allows the use of /jail
- simplejail.unjail — Allows the use of /unjail
- simplejail.setjail — Allows the use of /setjail and /setunjail
- simplejail.jailtime — Allows the use of /jailtime
- simplejail.* — Allows all SimpleJail commands