RangeBans - Ban IP Ranges;
This plugin was mainly made for offline-mode servers, where you cant really deal with dynamic IPs users.
- Ban IP Ranges, hostnames
- Except nicknames from these bans or use them as whitelist
- Support for 'wildcards' (ex. 192.168.*.*, 90.120.128-192.*)
Download RangeBans for 1.2.x!
Source and progress
All you need is just to simply grab .jar file into /plugins folder.
Additionally, u can set some values via config file (generated automatically):
- broadcast-kicks: (true/false) Broadcast a message to operators player with banned IP range tries to join the server
- broadcast-passes: (true/false) Broadcast a message to operators when player passes range ban due to an nickname exception
- ban-msg: Message to show to banned player, supports colorizing
- use-hostnames-as-whitelist: (true/false) Should plugin use hostname bans as whitelist?
Bans and exceptions are stored in .txt files.
How to check somebody's IP range?
For example, for inetnum: 192.168.128.0 - 192.168.192.255,
correct command would be: /rb ban 192.168.128-192.*
or simply /rb ban 192.168.128.0 - 192.168.192.255
- rb.* - full access
- rb.reload - reload the plugin
- rb.ban - ban and unban both IP Ranges and hostnames
- rb.exception - add/remove exceptions
- rb.check - check somebody's IP
- rb.list - list bans/exceptions
- rb.broadcast - receives message when a player is found on bans/exceptions list
- Hostname bans are now optional - no more freezes on playerjoin
- Performance tweaks
- Fixes critical bug with wrong IP parsing
- Feature to ban hostnames (ex. countries, providers - easier)
- Added config option to use hostname bans as whitelist (ex. only whitelisted countries can join)
- Updated to 1.1-R3, still compatible backwards
- General code tweaks
On 1.7.2, it says:
[Rangebans] Warning! Couldn't load "user's" IP:
when a user logs in
Seems to be lagging the server a little.
Compared to my other 40+ plugins <1%
Then do it! <3
It works right now still but some errors when using few 2-3 commands
dosent matter, it still works.
If this ever stops working, I may continue it, because I badly need it.
Hey Any future updates on RangeBans?
if you use /rb ban USA of course they can still get on. it bans ip's and hostnanames, just putting USA wont work.
Please update to 1.2.5 R4.0, thanks!
How about a command that ban's a hostname by the person's name? maybe /rb banuserhost (username)
hmmmmm ban host doesnt work..i banned "US", "USA","1" and "us"
but users from united states can still join...do i have to reload or something?
edit: in config:
true so normally it should work?!
Yeah it is. Some dude did this to me too. Every time he logged on his IP changed the two last numbers. /rb ban 192.168. * . * will ban the last two numbers no matter what they are I guess. worked fine for me. I run both UltraBans and RangeBans together.
I think it's /rb banhost <country code=""> for example "/rb banhost jp" to ban japan. Correct me if I'm wrong :) Full list of countries are here: http://countrycode.org/
how do i block countrys? /rb bancountry doesnt work..wrong syntax
Hey, recently I have been continuously trolled by a group of players. I have ultra ban to IP ban them but they still come back with dynamic IP from a software. Is range ban a solution to this? If so, please tell me how I can stop this with range ban?
The file wasn't accepted yet i think XD
I downloaded the 1.03 and when I do /rb it shows 1.02 and there is no new config option or anything. Same with startup message shws version 1.02. Am I just really retarded or did you upload the wrong thing? :D
it was caused by hostname lookup - i made it optional and disabled by default
try downloading the newest build
I get massive TPS spikes on player join. Running 1.2.5 and latest beta build
With the latest beta build at bukkit 1.2.4 RB we are having massive lags on player join. When someone joins - server lags. That's not cool.
please update this wonderful plugin!! thanksss!!!
Update please! Cool plugin!