UploadedMar 28, 2016
Supported Bukkit Versions
- Possible breaking API changes: Refactored casting costs, changed range values to double
- Add Dragon Ball spell (shoots an Ender Dragon fireball)
- All mana-related configuration and properties changed from "xp" to "mana". Should be backwards-compatible.
- Improved ender dragon targeting, fixed ender dragon direct damage
- Add support for spells consuming SP to cast
- Tweaked Petrify spell, add 2 more levels
- Add "/mitem type" sub-command for changing an item's type
- Fix wands interfering with infinite potion effects added by other plugins
- Changed "mode_cast" property of wands to "quick_cast". Backwards compatible.
- Add more customization options for wands, each of left/right click, drop and swap can now
be assigned a specific function from cast, toggle inv, cycle hotbar, cycle spells.
- Add Lightsaber configs (W.I.P.)
- Added EquationEffect to EffectLib, for creating custom effects
- Falling blocks won't cause physics updates if the spell that launched them doesn't
- Some fixes to tracking attached blocks, particularly fire, for undo
- Fix the default wand having no mana- SORRY about that!
- Fix issues with cooldowns resetting when they shouldn't
- Fix welcome_wand feature
- Add "Capture" spell- Conduit (staff) only for now. Captures any mob into a spawn egg.
- Add support for a few attributes to the /mitem command (attack damage, attack speed, movement speed)
- Add "Philbert Egg" item, a charged creeper egg. DANGER!
- Add "mobshop" for selling mob eggs, several more custom spawn eggs
- Add relative location support to the "mmob spawn" command
- REQUIRES Spigot build 697 or higher!
- The offhand swap button (F) is now used to cycle hotbars
- Fix brooms
- Add craftable Ocarina item (Thank you, SexyToad!)
- Cloak of Invisibility is now invisible while worn
- Fix wand effect_bubbles
- Add items.yml, configuration for setting up non-wand items and item values
- Add new permissions: Magic.wand.overwrite, Magic.wand.overwrite_own for controlling "/wand save"
- Default wand is now called "wand" rather than "default"
- Added "/wand delete" command for deleting saved wands
- Add /mitem command:
- save : Save your held item, can be used in crafting, /mgive, etc
- delete : Delete a saved item
- describe : Show item details
- name : Set a custom display name for an item
- duplicate : Clone an item
- worth : Show how much an item is worth, can be defined with /mitem save
- add/remove : Add and remove lore, flags, unbreakable, enchants (coming soon: attributes)
- Add "hylian_shield" item (non-magical, just a cool Link shield)
- Add "trinketshop" including several decorative player skulls (try /mgive aquarium)
- Add "Glide" spell- an instant Elytra!
- Add "bypass_upgrade_commands" permission, useful for staff if your command contain rank-ups
- Lift now applies the Levitation effect when used on a mob/player
- Add Elytra crafting recipe, disabled by default
- Add attributes support for magic mobs (used only on Mutant Captain for now)
- Fix issues right-clicking signs
- Fix issues with pasting signs in schematics (Fixes Wolf House crashing clients!)
- The mana bar is now completely virtual, should fix compatibility issues with other plugins
- Levitate deactivates on dismount rather than crashing (for now?)
- Fix Magic Hat appearance
- Fix wands not being craftable
- Fixed wands being placeable in droppers
- Only bound+undroppable wands are completely undroppable now, but can be put in ender chests
- /wand restore won't restore wands that you have in your ender chest
- Dropped support for 1.8!
- Wands in the offhand slot can cast spells with right-click. Dual-wielding wands!
- All wand templates changed to "Q to drop" by default! This is to support the off hand.
- Fix sounds not playing
- Fix PermaFrost and Forest spells, biome lists needed updating
- Add custom villager recipes to magic mob spawning. Yay economy rebalance!
- Tracking Sense now applies the glowing effect to the target entity
- Fix for Arrow-based spells
- All wand icons moved to the wooden hoe, other icons are now normal craftable items.
- Add enable_resource_pack_check option to work around new RP behavior where it won't update on changes.
- 1.9 Fixes:
- offhand/armor getting wiped
- broomsticks (mostly) unbroken
- offhand spell-equiping exploits
- Added support for Spigot 1.9
- Added /mmob spawn command, for spawning vanilla or custom mobs
- Added mobs.yml, mobs.defaults.yml - for creating custom Magic Mobs
- Magic Mobs can have custom equipment, health and display names
- They can also randomly cast spells!
- Use the MagicWorlds plugin if you want to spawn them randomly in your worlds
- Added /wand commands: bind, unbind
- Added /mage command: unbindall
- Re-balanced Engineer and Architect mana, Architect spell prices. All icons made unique.
- Fixed exploit with Monster+Shrink/Grow, added Shrink and Grow back into spell paths.
- Fix Rollback giving back blocks for Architect spells cast with a Manifestation wand
- Move Tag back to Beginner, but it requires a sign.
- Brooms now used tamed horses, which should play nicer with WorldGuard regions that block mob spawning.
- Add SuperBackup, Backup is now a simpler one-click cast
- Add Architect Staff, a wand for admins with architect spells
- Rebalanced SP costs for longer progression
- Moved Portal, Anvil to Engineer (for now?)
- Fixed issue with spell shops and spell permissions
- Fix "block crack" particle FX
- Make Sandblast a projectile spell
- Enchanting paths can have a simple list of spells instead of a probability map
- Change "max_damage_reduction" (and related) to "max_protection" (this has apparently been broken for a while!)
- Updated Meteor Shower to use CustomProjectile (EPIC! Thanks, Droobledore!)
- Added destructible2 and destructible3 lists, no non-engineering spells use check_destructible: false anymore.
- Add more levels to Breach, Peek and Sandblast
- Updated admin wands, added developer wand.
- Added SuperGather (old-school Gather), PhaseBackup - admin/dev spells, SuperPhase
- Add Town support to Recall (Towny)
- Add CreatePlot action, for automatic Towny plot generation
- Fix XP-based shops
- Update to work against latest PreciousStones
- Added "undo_speed" parameter, many spells that break blocks no undo slowly instead of all at once.
- Spells respect PreciousStones protect_mob/villager/animal flags
- Update Shuriken to be a bouncy custom projectile
- Add "sp:amount" format for giving SP as items, e.g. "/mgive sp:100"
- Add sound FX on SP earn.
- Fix GUI actions deactivating the wand (e.g. Recall, brush selector)
- Add support for selling multiples in shops. Kind of hacky right now, like "[email protected]: 100"
- Add spell-overrides region flag, for region-specific spell tweaks (e.g. broom max height)
- Add mob protection to Towny integration
- Added "console" parameter and @p, @pn etc replacement to Recall commands
- Fixed issues with wands feeding mana into enchanting tables when enchanting other items
- Fix long-standing occasional undo issue
- With thanks to the grief-o-tron 9000: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBCF5rFUszA
- Improved physics handler (to keep Bubble from popping, mainly)
- Add skill point system.
- By default, SP's are displayed above the mana bar while holding a wand (see: config.yml, sp_display)
- Some spells reward SP's for successful spell casts
- SP's can be spent to purchase new spells (The spellshop now works with SP by default)
- Players can access the spell shop and upgrades GUIs via an enchantment table
- When purchasing a spell from a spell shop, player's wands are upgraded a little
- Add alternate_up_parameters, alternate_down_parameters and alternate_sneak_parameters.
- Store player EXP and level in backup data, in case of server crash with active wand
- Changed /magic commands to /mage:
- debug, check, configure, describe
- add "delete" command, for completely resetting a player data (does not affect wand items!)
- Add default messaging for shops and shop-related actions
- Add "apply_to_wand" and "require_template" parameters for shops, so you can require wands/paths without upgrades
- Disabled combining wands on an anvil by default (use enable_combining: true in config.yml to change back)
- Add option to only apply "magic" damage to other players, never to entities (use magic_entity_damage: false)
- Add "Test Dummy" spell, summons some poor villagers for spell testing purposes.
- Add Magic.wand.use.protected and Magic.wand.use.powered permission nodes, true by default
- Fixed some very specific item-drop exploit issues with attached blocks
- Fix wand dupe issues with inventory mode and armor stands with arms
- Add "destructible" and "reflective" custom flags, for region-specific reflect/destruct behavior
- Add enable_libsdisguises config option, to turn off LibsDisguise integration
- Add "fxdemo" spell, to demo all of the EffectLib FX (well, most of them)
- Converted spells to projectiles:
- Magic Missile
- Added Homing Missile spell
- Added Sticky Bomb spell
- Added Whip spell
- Add hidden "Projectile" spell for testing CustomProjectile actions
- Implemented break mechanics for projectiles (Reflect, Shell, Blob, etc)
- Spells and projectiles now hit (and reflect off of) the actual block intersection location
- Allow @p and @t as simple CommandAction parameters (same as @pn and @tn)
- Fixed some performance and timing issues with the scheduler
- Added tab-completion to /wand override command
- Added Cancel action, for cancelling a target's in-progress spell.
- Add CustomProjectile action, re-work Kill spell and Blaster item
- Add /wand save command, for saving an in-game wand back to a template configuration
- Add "particle_range" config option, increase visible particle range by default
- Add "wand_self_destruct_key", for self-destructing old wands after a reset
- Update bending configs
- Add Air Scooter, Breath of Wind, Air Bomb, Enhanced Speed
- Add Water Whip, Ice Shield
- Add Earth Line, Compression
- Update powers to canon names and descriptions
- Add support for EffectLib variables (see: frost)
- Add "targetable" parameter for a targetable block type list
- Undo action "target_self" parameter changed to "target_caster"
- Fix /mgive blink|2 (giving spell-level items)
- The Magic.commands.mskills permission (for /mskills) now defaults to op-only
- Added several new tweakshop actions to configure quick-cast and drop/right-click modes
- Add Cursed Meat item (use it if you dare dare dare dare!)
- Add Debugger spell, for debugging spell issues
- Fix/Restore previous /cast command behavior with cooldowns
- Add mana_display: none option, to turn off the XP mana display
- Add skills_use_permissions option, to use the /mskills menu with Magic spells
- Add /magic list entities command, for showing entity bounding boxes and HP by type
- Tweak entity hitboxes a bit, should be a little easier to hit now
- Add new spell (currently unobtainable), "One-Way Ticket to Boomstown"
- Fix duplicate spell icon issue with chest mode
- Several fixes/changes to wand tracking. Hoping this fixes a slew of wand dupe/glitch bugs.
- Create pluggable player data system. Currently just an API, eventually may allow for DB storage.
- Add global cooldown (Exhaustion) option, apply to Kill spell
- Add ApplyCooldown action, resurrect Silence spell
- Confusion no longer prevents spell casting (by default, use bypass_confusion: false if you want to switch it back)
- Add some new sound effects
- Add Cure Level 3, to cure Silence
- Separate console/command-block reductions, console casts no longer have cooldowns by default
- Add Wave and Shuriken spells
- Add "Quick Cast" option to spells, apply to Sunny Day and Night spells
- Add support for upgrades that change wand templates and icon behavior
- Changed icon for architect wand, you may need to tweak existing ones with
/wand configure icon gold_pickaxe
- Changed icon for invisibility cloak back to ender eye
- Fixed PVP checks with GriefPrevention integration
- Add Blaster item, very WIP
- Add Nuke Level 2 (Breaks all block types, larger radius)
- Add Smite spell (Lightning effect + Blast + Ignite/Damage)
- Fix Recall using ad-hoc warps via "/cast recall warp <warpname>"
- GriefPrevention integration now checks for PVP not being allowed in player claims
- Disarm will undo if you change items (but not if you move them around)
- Add "rage" sword, gathers mana via damage
- Add "requires" parameter for NPC trait, for item cost requirements
- Add per-recipe crafting permissions (e.g. Magic.craft.broomstick)
- Add Vault-based economy costs to spells ("currency" in costs)
- NOTE: Reflect will need "axis: z" added to its parameters if you've got your own configs
- Add Tendril and Ghast spells (master level)
- Fix Sandblast
- Tweak Nuke and Tornado
- Add auto-undo to Disarm spell
- Add LibsDisguise integration, most spells cannot be cast while disguised.
This can be controlled via the "allow_disguised" parameter on spells.
- Fix/Tweak shapes of Shell and Walls
- Add max_enchant_count option for wands, see "starter" wand
- Add skeleton_type parameter to SpawnEntity action
- Add "ghast" spell, mainly for playing with the SpawnEntity action
- Add arbitrary rotation for constructions, used in new "Tendril" spell
- Spells won't target armor stands (use target_armor_stand: true to change this in a spell's config)
- Wands can have colored names with & codes
- Fix falling block velocity
- Add much more detail to /help for Magic commands
- Levitate will auto-deactivate upon landing
- Add cooldown/re-cast timers to hotbar
- Add item requirement option for the enchantwand NPC trait
- Some changes to enchanting to allow for upgrades that don't always give a new spell
- Fix "upgrades" spell, NPE on creating spell items outside of wands
- Fix mob spawner dupe issue with SilkSpawners
- Fix a spell dupe bug/exploit with creative mode
- Update to latest Citizens. This may not be backwards compatible, but should
work with recent Citizens versions.
- Fix very short range of custom sound effects
- Fix NPC "caster" parameter
- Fix rate of active spell costs
- Add BlockPhysics plugin integration (WIP)
- Fix horrible recursion error on physical damage with a wand
- Check for schematics in the Magic/schematics folder.
- Add "/magic list schematics" command
- Fall back to chest mode when in creative
- Fix yet another item-frame-related dupe exploit
- Some more chest mode fixes
- Fix Rocket Boots getting you kicked for flying
- Several performance and memory optimizations
- Proper rollback and replication of armor stands
- Fix projectile hit FX
- Some fixes for wand melee damage and short-range spell casting
- Fix the Wolf House and other single-use items that build things
- Brooms now crash properly in water instead of leaving you in a weird state
- Fixed/Improved Lockette integration
- Disable NCP integration by default, fix concurrency issue
- Disable wand melee damage (except swords)
- Fix NPE when blocking with a non-magic sword
- Remove the "elder" wand from survival configs. Just use the Wolf! (or copy it back in if this is a problem for you)
- Add flight exemptions for NCP and vanilla flight checks for Fling and Lift
- Add /mserver command, useful for moving other players between Bungee servers
- Fix Hat eating your helmet if you cast it on water or lava
- Fix some Master Sword glitches
- Add some protection against losing player inventories on server crash
- Balance/Fix Disintegrate, Torture, Monster/Familiar/Mob/Farm (add auto-undo)
- Add smarter handling of "sound" property in FX, deprecate custom_sound
- Disable crafting of a gold sword by default
- Fall protection (and other protection) will protect your mount as well (Fling+Mount!)
- Chests locked with Secure are now unbreakable unless you have the key
- Brooms/Levitate no longer re-activate on login. Fall protection will, though.
- Tracking Sense will prefer Players versus other mobs
- Add Star Wars configs - Work-in-Progress!
- Magic is now targeted for 1.8. See http://dev.bukkit.org/plugins/magic for 1.7-compatible builds.
- Fix Blink/Phase taking you to the top of the nether
- Make Secure keys unplaceable, aim up and cast for a replacement key
- Brooms use the 3D model while riding
- Fix command-block casting and automata with Factions and Lockette
- Magic Sword, Invisibility Cloak and Night Vision Goggles all have a custom item model
- Renamed Magic Sword to Master Sword, spells now upgradeable
- Master wand now gets the engineer item, architect has a staff
- Add some new mechanics for the Master Sword
- Fix custom configurations with randomized enchanting
- Add "Clear Effects" item to color shop
- Multiple wands will be tracked for "/wand restore"
- Broomsticks are now bound to the player, as is the Master Sword
- Cure casts no longer count towards level up unless it has something to cure
- Wound now does physical damage (added magic_damage parameter to turn this on/off per spell)
- Non-engineering spells now cancel and deactivate if you let go of your wand or are Cursed
- Schematics load asynchronously
- Fix build/break permission checks on incendiary/exploding projectiles
- Turned off pvp restrictions on most spells, preventing targeting players in PVP regions
- Add support for Towny warzones, friendly fire, and arenas
- Fix an item frame related dupe exploit
- Separate break/build permissions- check MIGRATION log.
- Expanded Towny integration, added "towny_wilderness_bypass" flag.
- Add ability to apply damage directly via a FallingBlock hit to ThrowBlock and ModifyBlock
- Some quick-cast fixes (Stash spell)
- Fixes to enchanting progress with disabled spells (disabling Rollback will disable upgrading to Engineer now)
- Add Secure Level 2
- Added Tree to the Engineering path
- Nerf stream, earth- add Stream Level 2 and 3
- Fix an item dupe issue with /give'ing items directly into the wand inventory
- Fix wands eating XP given directly to a player
- Add quick-cast from inventory, hit Q on a spell.
- Add brush selector paging
- Fix wand duplication glitch on certain death cases
- Fix compatibility with Scavenger plugin
- Add "use_magic_damage" config option to turn off "magic" (splash potion) damage source
- Fix XP scale to 1.8 standards (effects XP-based shops)
- Add "regenerate_while_inactive" config option to turn off wands regen'ing mana while not held
- Tweaks: Push, Mine, Flash Bang, Flare (lvl 2)
- Hotfix for 1.7 compatibilitiy
- /mmap list supports regex searching
- Add /mmap player command for creating player portraits without the Camera spell
- Add Lockpick spell (admin-only)
- Add "mmap" command for dealing with image maps (load, give, list)
- Add ability to import Pixelator images into Magic
- Optimize '/magic load'
- Tweak spell FX so they originate at the wand and end at the actual hit location
- Fix issue with inventory-mode wands when the default mode is chest
- Fix glitchy Admission behavior
- Add Secure spell
- Add Levels 2 and 3 to Wound, Kill and Torture spells
- Support animated GIFs in image maps (though you may not want to use it, bandwidth hog!)
- Fix very short visibility range of firework effects
- Add "command" trait for simple command NPCs
- Group /mskills skills by class
- Fix losing your broom if you die while riding
- Add "/mtrait invisible" for invisible NPCs
- Add configurable entity hitbox dimensions
- Some fixes the player death / inventory handling for compatibility
- Update Elder wand to be more like the Wolf
- Update Student,Apprentice,Master,Engineer and Architect wands to match enchanting paths
- Add Wand Shop
- Restore custom icons!
- Add Magnetic Leggings
- Try to work-around other plugins (/hat) putting the temporary hat in the player's inv.
- More fixes to chest mode
- Fix blocks not dropping when placed inside a magically constructed house
- Some fixes to death behavior that may have interfered with other plugins
- Fix loading banners from schematics
- Add page# to /mskills command
- Fix errors sending firework effects to other worlds
Temporarily turned off custom item icons due to complications with 1.8.4 client changes.
Added Heroes integration (can use Heroes skills with the "heroes" wand or /mskills items)
- Added Hulk Boots
- Add Cleric's Robes
- Allow crafting recipes for spells, brushes and normal items
- Firework effects are produced entirely client-side.
Hoping this addresses some "entity tracker" lag a few servers have been seeing. It might not.
- EffectLib now runs effects asynchronously. Should help with lag from spamming complex effects like Helix.
- Fix "indestructible: false" on wands not working
- Hunters will mostly usually clean up after themselves on death
- Some fixes to EMP and SuperEMP
- Add allowed-wands and blocked-wands custom region flags
- Fix chest mode (some spells not showing up)
- Fix a potential conflict with other crafting plugins
- Fix running on CraftBukkit 1.8
- Added tons of new items (available in the "magicitemshop")
- Add Wizards' Robes set (chainmail armor, grants +10% mana each)
- Add Apprentice Robes set (chainmail armor, grants +5% mana each)
- Add Rabbit Boots, Rocket Boots, Flash Boots
- Add Invisible Cloak
- Add Night Vision Goggles
- Add Diving Helmet
- Magic Hat grants +10% mana regen and +20% max mana
- Fix item shop "price" lore not being removed when purchasing
- Removed wand health/hunger regen and haste properties. Replaced by potion effects, wands should auto-migrate.
- Removed Gills from the enchanting path (in favor of Diving Helmet item)
- Fix another Rollback exploit (Thanks, LordBoos!)
- Fix wands wiped if logout on death
- Some general safety precautions for saving player data, not sure if it fixes anything
- Add GriefPrevention support
- Add Walls and SuperCylinder spells
- Some fixes to prevent exploits and bugs with double chest rollback
- TNT, fireballs and thrown blocks won't affect a protected region
- Fix Chop and Mine recursion, add more levels
- Add support for custom-named physical currency
- Add Magic.wand.enchant and Magic.wand.craft permissions (true by default)
- Add native schematic loading- supports paintings, item frames, flower pots, and more.
- Removed WorldEdit soft-dependency
- Fix some chest mode issues, remove "fake hotbar"
- Add Magic.undo_others permission node for Rollback spell
- Some additional protection for dragging items in a GUI
- Remove unused "signs" parameter from ConstructSpell, using raw NBT for sign updates now
- Some fixes/improvements to Blink
- Magic Hat now grants a 20% max mana boost
- Added Tornado Level 2
- Fix Magic Hats disappearing, make them craftable (nether star + leather helmet)
- Magic hats now perform one of a random set of actions
- Add configurable list of entities to auto-undo. Now includes armor stands and dropped items.
- Re-balance enchanting and economy a bit
- Fix restoring chest contents creating glitched "0" amount items
- Fix items sometimes dropping from exploded chests set to auto-undo
- Remove "bounce" spell
- Add support for commands in Recall (for /f home, /spawn with warmup, etc)
- Fix Recall putting you in the ground/walls sometimes
- Add basic physical economy to shops (defaults to emeralds if Vault is not found!)
- Add Broom shop and Automata Heart buyback shop
- Fix mana regen rate (it's 4x what it should be)
- Allow mana to regen while not holding a wand
- Add Magic Hat item
- Remove special characters from messages.defaults.yml files
(Seems to be causing issues on Windows servers)
- Various fixes for copying and restoring paintings and item frames
- Add Gatling Gun spell
- Add Tornado spell
- Add Rocket spell - ride a firework
- Add Forest spell - biome-specific forests
- Add Firework action for launched fireworks with effects
- Time spells are now undoable
- Re-balance Laser, Stun and Curse
- Action-ize several more spells
- Add Magic.bypass_restricted permission
- Allow overlapping spell FX
- Fix SuperAlter
- Allow wearing Banners with Hat spell
- Hotfix for spell shop title issues and Laser auto-rollback failure
Check MIGRATION notes for important information on this release.
This applies if you have customized spells, or use MagicWorlds or dtlTraders.
- Big under-the-hood changes to support batched actions
- Lift spell works on entities
- Fling works while mounted
- Earthquake throws entities
- Laser lasts for a few seconds, has continuous effect
- Reflect works at arbitrary angles
- Improved handling of config file errors
- Spell shop improvements:
- Added customized spell shops via "spells" parameter
- See engineershop and architectshop
- Add balance to inventory title
- Has confirmation screen
This build only works on 1.9!