Laser is a plugin that brings new weapons to Minecraft. According to plugin's name it implements a laser weapon. But you can create a lot of specific kind of guns that support specific actions and ammo.
This plugin requires a PlayEffect v0.2.2 (or newer) installed to draw a laser beam.
- A lot of visual and sound effects (provided by plugin PlayEffect)
- Highly configurable weapons allows you to implement an unlimited number of new weapon types;
- Weapons support actions: block-breaking, damaging mobs and players, transforming blocks and mobs, knockbacks and kickbacks.
- You can even create a jetpack using this plugin!
How to use Laser
- You need to configure guns (there are some created by default)
- Grant players permissions to use
- Give gun-item and [rightclick] to shoot
Laser gun abilities
- Deal damage to mob or player
- Ignite mobs, players, or broken blocks
- Grant mobs or players potions effects
- Explode blocks
- Transform mobs (for example pig to zombie).
- Transform blocks (for example diamond_block to glass)
- Knockback mobs and players (negative values will pull mobs to shooter)
- Kickback shooter (you can use this effect to create jetpack, or negative value - to create "jumpgun")
- Laser could fire without ammo or requires ammo to shoot. You can define as ammo: money (required Vault and economy plugin), experience and item.
- Visual and sound effects (provided by plugin PlayEffect) could be used to draw beam, shoot effect, entity damage effect and reload effect.
How to configure custom laser gun?
There are six laser gun types provided by default. But you can easily edit it or create your own type of laser. Laser settings are stored in file arsenal.yml
- /laser help - Hmm....
- /laser list - List available types of laser guns
- /laser reload - Reloads configuration from files
- /laser give <pageNum> - open inventory that contains Laser guns and ammos.
- /laser give <laserGun> <playerName> - gives laser to player
- /laser give <laserGun> <playerName> ammo [amount] - gives ammo to player
- laser.config — reload command
- laser.give — give command
- laser.give.other — allows to give lasers and ammo to another player
- laser.list — list command
- laser.gun.all — allows to use any type of lasers
- laser.gun.<laser gun type> — allows to use defined type of laser
- This plugin is requires Vault plugin to bring custom drops to transformed mobs and money-ammo. This features will be not accessible if Vault is not installed.
- PlayEffect requires to draw visual effects and play sounds. If you did not install PlayEffect plugin all effects will replaces with "mobspawner flame" effect.
Metrics and update checker
Laser includes two features that use your server internet connection. First one is Metrics, using to collect information about the plugin (versions of plugin, of Java.. etc.) and second is update checker (required to find newer version of Laser at dev.bukkit.org). If you don't like this features you can easy disable it. To disable update checker you need to set parameter "version-check" to "false" in config.yml. Obtain more information about Metrics and learn how to switch off it, you can read here.