Killer Minecraft is a plugin designed to make it easy to create and play PVP game modes. It comes with a collection of different PVP game modes and world generation options, and makes it easy to create your own.
It creates a "staging world" on your server where players can visually configure games, generate worlds, the teleports them into the new game, returning them to the staging world when the game is complete.
- If you want some interesting PVP game modes, then installing Killer on your server offers an easy way to manage them.
- If you want to create your own "game mode" for minecraft, using the Killer framework gives you a great head start by handling a lot of the complicated and "boring" stuff for you, and also helps ensure that your plugin will work with others.
- If you've got a great idea for a custom world generator that you want to share with the world, implementing it as a Killer world option helps ensure that lots of people will play on it.
Some of the functionality that Killer Minecraft standardizes (and saves you from implementing all over again) is as follows:
- Creating temporary game worlds while the server is running, without disconnecting existing players or causing massive lag
- Deleting those worlds at the end of a game, allowing you to create new ones
- Spectator functionality with teleporting and "follow mode"
- Team chat
- Complete control over portals
- In-game voting
If you have any suggestions on how to improve Killer Minecraft or to make it more useful, please let us know in the comments (or raise an issue).
If you want to "steal" some of our code for use in your own plugin, please do! Our code is freely available on GitHub, and you can do what you like with it.
By default, Killer collects anonymous gameplay statistics and sends them to a central server. This stores basic information like the game mode, how many players were involved, and how long the game lasted. This information should help us work out what's popular and what isn't. If you don't want your server to send these statistics, set the reportStats key to false in your server's plugin configuration.