Keep your Server/Plugins up to date
After the plugin detect a new build, it download to bukkit_update in the main-Folder. After that you must stop your server and copy the craftbukkit.jar from bukkit_update to your main-Folder.
After Version 1.4 I support plugins if a new version found it download to build_update/plugins. After that stop your server and copy/move the new files to your plugin-Folder
This is no autoupdater, it only download the new Version do the update-Folder, the user have to copy the files. On this way, he know which plugins he update and can check if he like to update.
I recommend to save your old craftbukkit.jar/plugin before update. Not all builds from CraftBukkit work correctly.
Download the newest build to build_update Config-File in plugins/CraftBukkitUpToDate/CraftBukkitUpToDate.properties
- to enable/disable automatic download
- updateChannel (to choose between rb, beta or dev)
- set craftBukkitName (Default: craftbukkit.jar)
- deactivate pluginLog
- deactivate craftBukkitUpdateCheck
- blacklist to add Plugins, you don't want to update (blacklist=test1.jar;test2.jar)
- deactivate automatic pluginUpdateCheck
- deactivate serverLog if new Version available (broadcastOnlyToOps=true) Check for update in a configurable period.
- Configurable in CraftBukkitUpToDate.properties in milliseconds lowest value is 24 hours standard is 24 hours Broadcast if new update available (To all Ops, or via Permissions).
- Configurable in CraftBukkitUpToDate.properties default value is true
- Additional Plugin-Dirs to check (if you have a dir additionalPlugins in your Bukkit-Folder add additionalPluginDirs=additionalPlugins/)
Command to start plugin-Check, to start type /uptodate plugin
Command to start the update-Check, to start type /uptodate update
All commands work also at Server-Console type only craftbukkituptodate or uptodate without /
Automaticly download new updates for Plugins
- Download new updates in build_update/plugins
- plugin.properties with links to the plugins, this one download automaticly if a new one at my server
Pail Gui-Support check Thread for more infos
Permissions/GroupManager is optional else only ops can use the commands. Available permission nodes are (case sensitive):
- craftbukkituptodate.broadcast - these users get a message if a new build available
- craftbukkituptodate.plugin - these users can use plugin-Command
- craftbukkituptodate.update - these users can use the update-Command
For Linux-User, if you like to move your new plugins automaticly, try the script from Myx0x3: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/ad...ugins-up-to-date-400.5026/page-10#post-122380
or for more features use the one from Tealk: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/linux-server-startscript-menu/
or use the Bukkit-Build-In: You can configured it by yourself, all you must do is to open the bukkit.yml and change the update-folder to ../bukkit_update/plugins. I don't recommend this, because all plugins updated automaticly without any user-interactions.
My Plugin didn't supported, how i get it to work with CButD?
There are three ways, you have to make only one of them:
1. Add it to http://dev.bukkit.org/. Your link should be like the jar-File-Name if your jar-File example.jar your link on dev.bukkit.org should be http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/example/. If not no problem you have two other options:
2. Add dev-url to your plugin.yml this should look like : dev-url: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/example/, please replace the url with your one, else it didn't work. Also you should know that only dev.bukkit.org-Urls works.
Here is a example plugin.yml:
name: Your name main: Your main class version: Your version dev-url: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/replace this with your url of dev-Bukkit/ commands: your command: description: descrition usage: /<command> <function> [buildnumber] aliases: [alias1, alias2]
3. If option 1 and option 2 didn't work for you let me know this and I add it to my plugin.properties. Please remember I only support dev.bukkit.org-Plugins.
Also you should know that your project at dev.bukkit.org should contain file-Downloads, else I have no chance to check for updates and download the newest version.
Need help or have any questions use the Forum: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/craftbukkituptodate/forum/
Did the plugin.properties update automaticly?
Yes, if a new one available it update automatic.
Did you download all plugins every time to check for updates?
No, I use the rss-Feed of dev-bukkit
Do you automatic update my plugins?
No I'm only download the new version to bukkit_update/plugins you have to copy them to your Plugin-Folder. I will never implement a autoupdater, you are the Admin and you have to choose which plugins you like to update. This is only a little help to do this.
How can I choose if between recommend and beta version?
In CraftBukkitUpToDate.properties set recommendedBuild=true, if you like the recommend Build, or recommendedBuild=false if you like the beta-Version.
Now that Bukkit supports a plugin update folder, will CBUTD add support for it, so we are able to run a /reload after CBUTD runs and have the updated plugins load?
Not by default. But you can configured it by yourself, all you must do is to open the bukkit.yml and change the update-folder to ../bukkit_update/plugins. I don't recommend this, because all plugins updated automaticly without any user-interactions.
Can I add additonal Plugin Folders that will be check if I like to deactivate a plugin but check for updates?
Yes, use the additionalPluginDirs-Option in the CraftBukkitUpToDate.properties
why does it sometimes say download.falil and plugin.fail in the plugins folder that is in the craftbukkit uptodate folder and the plugins in the plugins folder thsat is in the craftbukkit upto date folder is that the updated version
Yes because dev-Bukkit renamed bukkit-mods to bukkit-plugins. I hate it.
Same problem occurs again.
That's right, I made a update, I hope CB-Dev released it in the next hours
The plugin works. But it doesnt detect the plugins anymore.
I'm pretty sure this is due to the website switching from dev.bukkit.org/server-mods to dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-mods
Many of my updates say the jar file is either broken or the author didn't add it to dev.bukkit.org when it is clearly on dev.bukkit.org.
Examples from my log.
And the same thing for another 10-20 plugins.
And for some reason, around 10 plugins actually work properly i.e craftbook. Perhaps this is a problem with the other plugins not updating their info.
I tested the newest Beta Build and it works fine with CButD so there's no need for a update.
I doesn't support Development-Builds.
Edit: I also tested the newest dev-Build it also works fine. The next time first test than cry.
@kreezxil I genrated a ticket. I think this is a great idea
Configure to download only release files?
It works perfectly fine for me on 1.5.2. Why's everyone screaming about an update??
Aw man! :(
Don't tell me this is a dead plugin!
Could you update this for 1.5.2?
there's no craftbukkit 1.5.2 r2 yet
I run a half-dozen separate servers linked together with BungeeCord, symlinking plugins from a central folder. It would be nice if I could point CBUTD at that central folder instead of plugins/. :)
please update to 1.5.2 r2
I have a feature request:
Can you make it so that it can also check an another directory of plugins?
Reason is that I have a disabled_plugins directory that I store plugins that have begun to malfunction in. Having the ability to check that folder as well would make checking on if those plugins have been updated and ready for new testing a breeze.
You could make that a configurable option so that only those who need the power to do it can.
Cheers and awesome plugin!
Works with SpiGot 1.5.2
Update to 1.5.2
Any chance an update is coming soon? I just updated to the latest dev drop 1.5.2 and getting lots of errors for the craftbukkitupdate plugin.
Update 1.5.1, please !