- Source code and build system cleanup
- Thanks to LarsDenBakker and cwc for the Github pull requests
- Exception thrown when doing /post on Spigot servers (ticket #110)
- Thanks to cwc for the Github pull request
- Exception thrown when loading chunks containing no longer existing letters (ticket #109)
- Updated for Minecraft v1.8
- Thanks to wwwiniew for the pull request at github
- Renders to included (.png inside .jar) Item_Frame graphics instead of the default
- .png can be edited by server admins
- Updated German translation by ToxicTerror1991
- Various small fixes that have been reported over the last 2.5 years
- Colour codes (&0-&f) can be used in Letters (ticket #50)
- Don't let Postmen betray vanished players (ticket #51)
- See new config option VanishDistance
- Letters can be erased from the database by dropping them & letting them despawn, or actively burning them in a furnace
- Letters are now rendered immediately instead of "striped".
- If the Courier Map file in the World folder had been overwritten, all Letters were rendered blank (ticket #91)
- If you installed a new Courier version before BukkitDev was updated, it would claim you needed to update (ticket #88)
- Courier Letters can be put into ItemFrames - in effect creating posters/flyers (ticket #90)
- One 'real' Minecraft map per Letter added to an ItemFrame will be used. This option is configurable (default: true) since many such Framed Letters in one small area might cause lag (untested).
- Blank Parchment can now be crafted for use when writing Letters, instead of just having the specified resources subtracted from inventory (ticket #17)
- This is set to false by default since it's a major change, but most RP servers that use Courier should find this very appealing - I hope.
- Uses ItemMeta ('Lore') to show Letter info in inventory (ticket #89)
- Letter fees can be deposited into Bank or Player accounts (ticket #78)
- Config option to allow delivery in creative mode (default: true). See this forum thread)
- Letter text layout should make better use of available width.
- Permission override for letter privacy (ticket #84)
- Some server configurations disallow Postman mobs (ticket #81)
- Portuguese translation by JohnPulse
- Updated German translation by lordtobiMC
- Villager postmen will trade (ticket #83)
- Courier works badly in creative mode (solved by disabling delivery) (ticket #56)
- Removed /mail and /note aliases due to clashes with other plugins
- German translation by lordtobiMC
- "[SEVERE] Could not pass event PlayerItemHeldEvent" appearing in the log (ticket #36)
- On worlds with no solid block layers ("void worlds") Courier could hang the server when trying to spawn Postmen (ticket #62)
- Letters can now cost resources to create (ticket #16)
- Compatible with Bukkit 1.1-R5
- Dutch translation thanks to spiderbiggen
- Nothing. This release is mostly to be compatible with Bukkit 1.1-R5. v1.2.0 development is ongoing.
- When using Enderman as Postman they won't teleport away when out in open areas. This is due to new APIs appearing in Bukkit 1.1-R4 and thus solving Courier's longest outstanding known caveat ;)
- Updated French translation. Credits to Mogolecho. (ticket #48)
- Sometimes Courier would catch a NullPointerException but unfortunately immediately create an IndexOutOfBoundsException - disconnecting the client.
- Will now properly read an old message database from Apple Java 6 if the server admin upgrades to OpenJDK 7, and the message database contains high ascii characters. (This is due to changes in the default charset from MacRoman to UTF8)
- All Minecraft Creatures can now become Postmen, selectable in config. Only Enderman and Villager are officially supported though (ticket #13)
- New config setting to turn off the displaying of date in Letters (ticket #35)
- All user visible strings moved out into config.yml for translation purposes
- Incomplete French and complete Swedish translations added (I'm having issues understanding what character sets work though)
- Courier will every 5 hours (configurable, 0 turns it off) check against dev.bukkit.org to see if there's a new version of Courier and if so display a message in the log
- No auto-download is done and no information whatsoever is sent to me! It only checks towards the RSS-feed on BukkitDev
- Exceptions thrown when trying to view Letters with some character sets (ticket #34)
- Note: This will NOT suddenly allow Courier to render new character sets, sorry. It's a limitation in Bukkit. Instead Courier will simply skip content it cannot render.
- In some circumstances upgrading to OpenJDK 7 would lose all messages (ticket #41)
- If after upgrade Courier cannot start, downgrading to Java 6 is the only solution. This is due to the message database containing "special characters" that Yaml doesn't seem to support in OpenJDK 7
- Removed some of the Courier command aliases again due to conflicts with other plugins (ticket #37)
- Made non-Monster Postmen walking towards players configurable. (ticket #40)
- Separation of /post and /letter
- This makes long letters possible, replying to someone, re-sending letters, just making personal notes etc ..
- New permission node - courier.write - needed for your players to be allowed to create letters. courier.send is now used for posting them.
- This means you can use permissions to allow people to create letters but have to pass them on manually instead of using Courier delivery
- Color codes (&0-&f) can be used in the strings found in the config file
- \n and &nl now create newlines when writing Letters (ticket #20)
- "/courier unread" now requests re-delivery of all unread (even if previously delivered) mail
- Config setting Privacy.SealedEnvelope can be set false to allow everyone to read anyone's mail (ticket #10)
- Note: Letters that have not been Posted to someone else are always public
- To make a Posted Letter public, write something in it with /letter first
- Letter creation date is displayed in top right corner
- Multiple page Letters are now supported
- Right-click and left-click when you see the << and >> markers to turn the pages
- MapID exhaustion (ticket #27)
- In rare cases players on offline servers would not receive mail (ticket #32)
- Postmen now spawn in Desert biome even in storm (ticket #11)
- "Override mobspawn deniers" (ticket #9)
- Confirmed working with WorldGuard. Other mobspawn protection plugin results may vary.
- Economy support for postal fees
- This is the major reason for this release. Set UseFees to true in the config and make sure to have Vault and your Economy plugin of choice installed.
- "Deliver directly to inventory" (issue #4)
- "change default permission for courier.send to op" (ticket #7)
- "long usernames don't fit current 'Letter from'" (ticket #6)
- Nothing. This was a quick fix due to ticket #5 being considered high priority.
- "No deliveries after reload" (ticket #5)
- "Postmen are spawned outside even if it's raining" (ticket #4)
- Previous version had to be reloaded twice for default additions to the config to become active (thanks to GICodeWarrior for pointing it out)
- "Announce postman arrival" (suggested by GICodeWarrior)
- Two new configuration strings have been added for Postman greeting as well as information when mail is dropped to ground
- %loc (and %pos) found by themselves inside a message will be replaced with current [X,Y,Z] location
- Lazy name matching
- Inbuilt Bukkit lazy name matching is used to suggest "Did you mean?" if no exact match is found
- NOTE: If more than one match is found, a new permission - courier.list - is required to see the full list (default OP)