CopyBook is a simple, clean plugin for copying, saving, and loading books. If you ever get tired of copying books by hand, this plugin is for you. If you need a simple way to distribute books, this plugin is also useful.
- Save books to individual files, each with a customizable extension (.book by default)
- Load books from the individual files to your inventory.
- Copy books from your hand into your inventory.
- Give another player a book from your hand into their inventory.
- Console can give books to players, useful for command blocks and such.
- Players can copy books into chests that they are looking at.
- Players can now edit books that are saved in a file
- Players can now modify books in their hand
- Vault Support to put prices on CopyBook commands as well as signs
- Sign support (video tutorial coming) - Players can create signs to distribute books, with or without a price.
- Update Notification on server startup if there is a new version available.
- Configurable file extension for book files (.book by default)
- Configuration to enable or disable Vault
- Configure whether players have to have a book&quill in their hand in order to edit books, load books, or get them from signs.
- Configure whether pricing is enabled, what the default price is, whether people with the copybook.bypass command can bypass the price, and which commands are exempt from pricing.
- /cpb help - Lists all of the CopyBook commands.
- /cpb copy [number] - Copies the specified number of books into your inventory. (Defaults to 1)
- /cpb save - Saves the book in your hand to a book-specific file.
- /cpb load <bookname> - Loads the specified book and places it in your inventory.
- /cpb give <player> [number] - Gives the specified number of books to the specified player. (Defaults to 1.)
- (Server-side command only) - cpb give <player> <bookname> - Gives the specified player the specified book, loaded from a file.
- /cpb reload - Reloads the plugin (V1.1)
- /cpb chest [number] - Copies the book from your hand into a chest that you are looking at. (V1.1)
- /cpb edit <bookname> - Loads the book from a saved file as an editable book. You will have to save it again once you're done. (V2.0)
- /cpb modify - Converts the book in your hand into a modifiable book. Again, you will have to sign the book again to finish it. (V2.0)
- /cpb price [command|set] [commandName|defaultPrice] - Toggles the price functionality, sets commands that are exempt from pricing, and sets the default price. (V2.0)
- /cpb vault - Toggles the Vault plugin. By default it is disabled in case you don't have Vault on your server. (V2.0)
- copybook.main - Main permission for all commands.
- copybook.help - Permission to use the help command.
- copybook.give - Permission to use the give command.
- copybook.save - Permission to use the save command.
- copybook.load - Permission to use the load command.
- copybook.copy - Permission to use the copy command.
- copybook.reload - Permission to reload the plugin (V1.1)
- copybook.chest - Permission to copy books into chests. (V1.1)
- copybook.edit - Permission to use the /cpb edit command (V2.0)
- copybook.modify - Permission to use the /cpb modify command (V2.0)
- copybook.vault - Permission to turn Vault on or off (V2.0)
- copybook.price - Permission to use the /cpb price command (V2.0)
- copybook.bypass - Permission to bypass the configurable requirement that players have a book&quill in their hand to load or edit a book (V2.0)
- copybook.createsign - Permission to create a CopyBook sign (V2.0)
- copybook.signload - Permission to load books from a sign (V2.0)
Currently, the plugin works fine; however, these are some of the things I am going to do in the next updates.
- Add update notification
- - Create sign tutorial
- - Cleanup code to make plugin more efficient
- - Revise file saving and loading to use YAML instead of Java File IO
- - Fix replaceable tags
- - Any more suggestions
Currently, there are no known bugs! Please don't hesitate to contact me if you find one, however.
The source code is currently available on Github: http://github.com/acburdine/copybook/
Copybook v3.0 is in the works! It should be out in a week or so. Because of the change in how book information is stored, none of the old saved books will work. However, I have created a simple, one-use plugin that will convert the old files into the new YML format. You can get the plugin .jar here: http://github.com/acburdine/texttoyaml/