Promote players with Kills, Signs, Passwords, Time, Exp, Items, Money and more!
Tired of promoting every player by hand? No Problem! Just use CommandRank :)
It allows the players to promote themselves (With configurable conditions) or even promotes them automatically (for example after a specific time).
Example usage on a PvP-Server: Players need kills to get a better rank. With every promotion they get some rewards and a better title.
- Different ways to promote players if they meet the conditions
- Permissions support
- Economy support (needs Vault)
- Everything is configurable
- You can add infinite different "RankUps"
- Possible conditions:
- Player needs money
- Player needs kills (CommandRank is able to count kills)
- Player needs specific "onlineTime" (CommandRank is able to count the time a player is online)
- Player needs specific items in his inventory
- Player needs "Points" (PlayerPoints)
- Player needs to enter a password
- Player needs XP
- Possible ways to execute a rankup:
- Acceptrules command (executes one specific "RankUp")
- Declinerules command (executes one specific "RankUp" (default is prisoner))
- RankUp command (executes the next possible "RankUp"
- AutoRankUp (If enabled, a schedule checks players data every x seconds and executes a "RankUp" if possible)
- Password (Player is able to enter a password. If it's the right one a "RankUp" will be executed)
- Possible actions:
- Commands executed by console
- Commands executed by player
- Items given to player (Enchantments or things like colored wool are possible)
- CommandRank contains an "RankUpEvent" which allows other developers to work with
- /AcceptRules | Ranks the players to the given group (default: user)
- /DeclineRules | Ranks the players to the given group aswell (default: prisoner *evil* )
- /Password <pw> | Allows the player to enter a password
- /RankUp | Executes the next possible "RankUp"
- /cr | Shows "onlineTime" or kills to the player
- /cra | Admincommand to check onlineTime/kills of a player or to promote somebody
- CommandRank.Admin | Allows to execute admincommands and to create a "RankUp" sign & contains "CommandRank.User" permission
- CommandRank.createSign | Allows to create a "RankUp" sign
- CommandRank.AdminCommand | Allows to use the admincommands
- CommandRank.User | Basic permissions
- CommandRank.useSign | Allows to use a "RankUp" sign
- CommandRank.AcceptRules | Allows to use the AcceptRules command
- CommandRank.DeclineRules | Allows to use the DeclineRules command
- CommandRank.Password | Allows to enter a password
- CommandRank.UserCommand | Allows to use the /cr command
- CommandRank.RankUpCommand | Allows to use the /rankup command
- CommandRank.RankUp.<name of rankup> | Allows to use the named "RankUp"
- CommandRank.isGroup.<name of rankup to group> | Prevents from getting AutoRankUp to <name of rankup to group> (You should give the permission to every group to prevent from getting the same "RankUp" multiple times.)
- CommandRank.exclude.* | contains:
- CommandRank.exclude.auto | Excludes from "AutoRankUp"s
- CommandRank.exclude.sign | Excludes from sign-"RankUp"s
- CommandRank.exclude.command | Excludes from command-"RankUp"s
- Advanced guide with permissions
- Add FAQ to description
Got any ideas? Post them here: Forum
Found a bug? Create a ticket: Tickets
CommandRank is not working? Your config probably contains some mistakes. Check out your server.log or create a new ticket!
API | Setup guide | Tips & Tricks | Modifications
NOTE: This plugin has not been updated since a long time but should still be working fine! Due to circumstances (For example final school year) I am not able to update my plugins anymore. However most of them should still be working fine and besides I have found Maintainers for a few of my projects, who keep these updated. Thanks for your understanding ;-)
Ok I will add iconomy support
I would REALLY like to see the option to purchase a rank with economy.
1.What happens if a player types /acceptrules ? 2.What happens if a OP types /acceptrules 3.What happens if a OP clicks on a sign with [RankUp]?
Which config do you mean? if you mean my commandrank config it looks like this: Sorry not typing it i was having some problems putting it here :P well this is how it looks: see picture
I think every permissions plugin has a command to set a user to a group, doesnt it? So it should work if you set the RankUp Command in the config to this group-set-command. If this doesnt work, I will look, how to fix this error.
This is a McMyAdmin issue. I use it on my server as well. Currently (according to the mcma dev) there's no way for it to read-in an updated permissions file, so it keeps it's own groupinfo.json which it then converts to the permissions system you set it to. They were looking into a work around, I think.
Maybe commandrank could write to the default permissions.yml that it specifies in bukkit.yml? Though I'm not certain how well it plays with the various permissions plugins. supplement vs. overwrite.
Just a quick note: Whenever a server reloads, the players that used the command automatically go back to the default. It doesn't appear that it's saving the permissions applied. It could be a McMyAdmin issue though, since McMyAdmin has a mind of it's own.
Recommendation: Create a flatfile type of thing that saves a list of all users that have been ranked up, and have that list applied at plugin load.
Could you please show your config?
I cant make people rankup i have gived then the permission - commandrank.usesign - commandrank.getrank I have permissionsEx and if it is so that it is not supporting other i suggest you fix it cause it is much more used! And i mean fast!
in 1.3, you can set your own rankUp command: example: "permissions player setgroup %name% user"
would be nice if it worked with more permission systems like bpermissions, permissionsEX, group manager since those i would say are probably more used than PermissionsBukkit.
You should really make it so it supports GroupManager
ok: first I will add, that you can decide your own command for that, and later I will add a feature that there are more groups (In the config you can create endless groups).
Then I will add a feature that you can create signs (click on it > Rankup) too.
Edit: I think its not possible to change the command in the config... if somebody knows that this is possible, please tell it
If you want to have another command, tell it me and I will give you the CommandRank.jar with the new command. I will add a feature that you can rank yourself up with a sign now.
damn this almost has exactly what I wanted. The /acceptrules command is nice but Id have to agree with 51kBruZZ it would be nice to have that command customizable. If this plugin supported further ways to promote players on their own ranks with in a certain kinda of groups allowed by the admin this would be the plugin I need.
I bassicly want a plugin that will let me set it up for certain ways to allow players to rank up if they have a certain node that allows them and the abblity to if they have done a certain task or pressed a sign so I dont need to be on the server to promote players.
Hey, I think it would be a cool idea if you could change the /AcceptRules to your own thing like /accept troll or /done in the config file.
I use the plugin on the same way :D : At my server, there is a path with rules and important things. In the path are the two words "hall" and "ilo" hidden. Thats the codeword there. At the end, you can see signs that shows you, how to use this two codes (/hallilo) and so the player can become user. If you want to have another codeword, tell it me
This has proven useful with my server. I make people read the rules by hiding the command somewhere in them. That way I can see people who aren't following them / haven't read them.
please give me feedback for the plugin :D
Love the idea. Looking forward to downloading it.
This is my very first plugin :D
If I could make something better, please tell it me