A simple, yet very powerful system for making physical shops using signs and chests.
It's never been that easy to create shops! With features like shop protection and anti-lag protection, you won't have to worry about your server's economy anymore!
"Just works"! ChestShop supports almost all economy plugins by using Vault!
(Versions above 3.9.2 also support economy plugins using the Reserve API)
Please check if there are newer development builds before reporting issues!
If you are upgrading from a previous version of ChestShop please make sure to always read the warnings in the file's changelog!
The plugin by default submits anonymous stats about your server (player count, plugin/server version and type) to a public statistics websites (mcstats.org and bstats.org) in order to provide the developers with usage information. If you wish to opt out, you can do so in the PluginMetrics/config.yml and bstats/config.yml files. It also features an auto-update feature, which can be turned off in the config.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- User-made tutorials
- Download the latest stable version
- Download the latest development version
- Download 1.12.2 version
- Download 1.8.8 version
- Download older versions
- API for plugin developers
- Source code on GitHub
- Crowdin Localization Project
- Thread on Bukkit forums
- IRC chat (#chestshop on irc.spi.gt)
- Discord Channel Joining through that invite auto subscribes you to important update notifications, if you don't want that use this invite.
- bStats metrics
- ChestShop LegacyIds - allows usage of numeric and old pre 1.13 string IDs on signs
- Notification module - to use with Notifications plugin (outdated)
- Towny module - to use with Towny plugin
- ChestShop Notifier - records all sales, even when the player is offline (Maintained by Phoenix616)
- ChestIcon - Icons for Chests, just like the Showcase plugin! (User-made, broken on newer versions)
- Libelula Auto Shop - easy creation of admin shops, using Essentials (User-made)
- ChestShopLimiter+ - limits the number of shops per player (User-made)
- ChestShopLogger - log and search through available shops via a database (User-made)
- ChestShopConfirmation - confirmation screen before buying (User-made)
- SearchChestShop - search for shops selling certain items (User-made)
It's easy! Just right-click the sign to buy, left-click to sell. (You can configure the buttons in the config file!)
How to create a shop
|Place a chest on the ground|
|Place a sign 1 block away from the chest (for example, above it)|
|On the sign, write:|
|First line will be automatically filled with your name by the plugin (if you have the permission ChestShop.admin then you can create shops with the names of other players)||
|Second line is the amount of items to buy or sell|
Third line is a combination of buy and sell prices. You need to have a price indicator (like 'B' - price that will apply to items BOUGHT by PLAYERS - or 'S' - the SELL price) near the price - the prices are separated by a colon (:)
|Some of the possible price combinations: "B 5:5 S", "B 5", "S free"|
The forth line will hold the id/name of the item. Write ? on the sign and the item will be autofilled with the one from the chest or you can click on the sign with the item afterwards.
Optionally you can put the actual name on it. You can find out the name of the item you're holding by doing /iteminfo
|A person can buy 64 diamonds for 10 dollars and sell them back for 5 dollars from Phoenix616|
If you want you can also take a look at this video tutorial.
Admin Shop - shop with unlimited items
Firstly, you've got to be sure that you've the ChestShop.admin permission or that you are an OP. To make an Admin Shop, simply put "Admin Shop" (configurable in config.yml) on the first line of the sign when creating the shop. Admin Shops do not require a chest!
- /iteminfo - Get information about the item in your hand
- /iteminfo <id/name> - Get information about the item with the given id or name
- /shopinfo - Get information about the looked-at shop
- /csgive <itemcode> [<amount>] [<player>] - Give item with a unique ChestShop code to a player
- /cstoggle - Toggle buy and sell notificiation messages
- /chestshop version - Display the ChestShop version
- /chestshop reload - Reload the ChestShop config and translation messages. (This might not reload some features)
- /csaccess - Toggles ability to buy/sell on shops while having admin/access permissions and normally being ignored
|ChestShop.shop.*||shop creation and buying/selling - it contains:|
create all types of shops
|ChestShop.shop.buy||buy any item from shop|
|ChestShop.shop.sell||sell any item to shop|
|ChestShop.mod||open any shop chest|
|ChestShop.admin||open any shop chest, destroy stores, create (admin) shops|
Useful tips by players
|How not to get bankrupt||A customisable price table|
|Alternative price table|
ChestShop directly hooks into the following plugins to provide additional functionality:
- AuthMe (and forks like AuthMe Reloaded)
- LWC (and forks like LWCX and Modern-LWC)
This resource sends metrics data to McStats and bStats. You can opt-out of metrics for all plugins on your server by changing the settings in the PluginMetrics/config.yml and the bStats/config.yml file if you don't want any data to be send.
Even more information can be found in the old plugin thread on the forums.
Got an error or suggestion?
Simply submit a ticket here!
If you have a Github account and have coding knowledge you can also directly open an issue on Github.
If you just need general help feel free to ask in the comments or join the #chestshop channel on Spigot's IRC network (irc.spi.gt, webchat)
Has ChestShop helped you or your server?
If you want to thank the team in a more materialistic way, feel free to donate or buy Phoeni616 a beer! :)
A shout-out to Acrobot's friend:
We believe that the music he makes is really stunning - you can decide it for yourself!