UploadedMay 3, 2013
Supported Bukkit Versions
- CB 1.4.7-R1.0
v2.3.0 (3 May 2013)
- CraftBukkit 1.5.2 and older supported.
- Added tab completion for all /chess subcommands and arguments. E.g.
/chess l<Tab>will auto-expand to
chess /list <Tab>will cycle through the various items that can be listed (board, game, ai, style, top), and
/chess list game <Tab>will cycle through the current games.
- Very large styles (e.g. "huge" or "yazpanda") may suffer from slow chunk updates with the vanilla Minecraft client, leading to poor board redraw performance. It is recommended to use the Optifine mod (or the Spoutcraft client, which includes Optifine), and experiment in particular with the "Chunk Updates per Frame" and "Dynamic Updates" video settings.
- xboard protocol support should be considered experimental at this time - while the AI.yml file contains some definitions for xboard-base AI's, they are marked as disabled by default, so they won't be auto-picked as opponents. They can be explicitly invited, however, with e.g.
/chess invite gnuchess1. xboard support has been tested successfully with the gnuchess and crafty engines.
- MySQL database access is currently not multi-threaded, so be aware that a slow or unresponsive MySQL server may induce server lag. This will also be addressed in a near-future release.