ChessCraft is a Bukkit plugin which lets you play chess. It has support for multiple chessboards and multiple concurrent games, playing against other players, or against the computer. Multiple board and piece styles are supported, along with an integrated piece designer, player ranking ladder and more.
- ChessCraft 2.5.2 for CraftBukkit 1.7.9+
- ChessCraft 2.4.5 for CraftBukkit 1.7.2-R0.3/1.6.4-R2.0
- ChessCraft 2.3.4 for CraftBukkit 1.6.2-R0.1/1.5.2-R1.0/1.4.7-R1.0
Note: the ChessCraft for Bukkit plugin is completely unrelated to the Forge ChessCraft mod which can be found here: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1621907-1467101chesscraft-play-chessbetter-than-chess
- See the Videos page for some demonstration & tutorial videos.
- Complete implementation of the rules of chess (including castling, promotion, en passant etc.)
- Create as many chessboards as you like in your world(s), and run multiple concurrent games on them
- Create different board and chess set styles (several board/set styles are included)
- Players can fly around chess boards even without creative mode (v1.3.0+ needed)
- Permissions support (via Bukkit superperms)
- Economy support via Vault - bet economy credits on a game
- Play against human or AI opponents (using the jChecs AI engine or external engines via the XBoard protocol)
- WorldEdit support - terrain restoration if & when boards are deleted
- ScrollingMenuSign Support - create useful command menus of games/boards
- Integrated chess piece designer
- Translations - ChessCraft messages can be translated into other languages
- Database support: game results and game details (PGN) are saved to SQLite or MySQL database
- Leaderboard showing the top players on the server based on game results saved to the database
- Copy ChessCraft.jar into your Bukkit plugins/ folder.
- Optional: If you want Economy support, you will also need to install the Vault plugin.
- Optional: If you have WorldEdit installed, terrain will be automatically backed up when chess boards are created (and restored upon board deletion). WorldEdit v5.3+ is required - WorldEdit-5.3-SNAPSHOT or any earlier release will not work.
- Optional: If you have ScrollingMenuSign installed, ChessCraft will create SMS menus for board/game management. See ScrollingMenuSign Support.
- Optional (2.4.0+): If you have Dynmap installed, chessboards will be marked on your maps.
- Optional (2.4.0+): If you have Citizens installed, entity chess sets will be available, using NPC's for chess pieces.
- Optional (2.4.0+): ProtocolLib is a recommended dependency if you are using entity chess sets, to quieten mobs down.
- Restart or reload your server.
- Quickstart Guide
- Command Reference
- Configuration File
- Getting Around The Board
- Board Styles
- Piece Styles
- List of stock board and piece styles
- Piece Designer
- Time Controls
- Permissions Support
- ScrollingMenuSign Support
- Player Leaderboard
- WorldEdit Support
- Economy Support
- Dynmap Support
- AI - Computer Players
Development versions can be downloaded from this Jenkins build server. Notes:
- Development versions have not been approved by dev.bukkit.org staff
- Development versions may be buggy or fail to work completely. Only use development versions if you a) want to help with finding bugs, or b) have been asked to, to test a bugfix.
Bugs and Feature Requests
Use the Tickets tab to submit any bug reports or feature requests.
Since ChessCraft v1.1.0, fully anonymous usage statistics are collected using MCStats:
If you wish to opt out of MCStats metrics collection, edit
plugins/PluginMetrics/config.yml and change opt-out: false to true.
If you use and enjoy ChessCraft, you are welcome to make a donation by clicking the "Donate" button at the top right. However, donations are strictly optional, and don't confer any special benefits over non-donors.
@beca2010 can you please reupload your chesscraft version?
does it work for 1.12.2?
Yes, I'm gearing up to update my server to 1.11 when the new Spigot is released pretty soon, and I'll see if my problems persist. If so I'll try to file a more sophisticated report on the github. Thanks again for your work!
Can you file an issue on github with any log errors or other information please? I don't get alerts or anything to posts on this site, so github is the best way for me to track things. The link to issues is here: https://github.com/10becja/ChessCraft/issues
I'm currently running the plugin on a 1.10.2 server, and everything seems to be working fine, so I'll need more information in order to debug.
Hey, thank you for updating this plugin! My question is will you be able to make it 1.10 compatible? I have it on my 1.10.2 server and it works mostly okay, I have a couple nitpicks but the biggest one is AI matches don't seem to work. I can make a move but it freezes before their first move. Just wanted to let you know in case you were planning on updating further.
becja2010 I love you for updating this!!!! Thank you! My son sends his love as well..
Ah, cool, I missed that link when I looked. In that case, thanks for keeping the mod updated, nice to know it's on 1.9.4 now :)
It is. There's a link to the repository on the page, but here's the link as well: https://github.com/10becja/ChessCraft
The licence of this plugin requires you to make the source code available; please do so at the earliest opportunity. Thanks.
I've made a fork of this plugin and updated it so I can use it on my server. I wouldn't be surprised if there are some bugs, but so far it's working decently on 1.9.x
If you want to download the compiled jar, you can from my github page
Note: You'll probably need to delete your config file and have it regenerated, or manually update the sounds in the effect section. Also, you'll probably want to turn off dynmap as I haven't tested that yet.
Sigh, no update from anyone yet
I want u Desht to put up on spigot as premium......
I really hope someone can fix this plugin for 1.9. I used it in the 1.7 and 1.8 phases of my server, and it is sorely missed! Make it happen, yo!
If someone does get paid to update this for Spigot premium, be aware that I will be monitoring to ensure that the code remains GPL-licensed and the source fully available at all times. Otherwise, they will be in breach of the GPL (both for my code and of Chesspresso and JChecs, two 3rd party GPL'd Java projects that Chesscraft also includes).
Agreed, go put up premium on Spigot
I'm willing to pay someone to update this for 1.9. This is an essential plugin for my server.
Yes, please update for spigot 1.9
The Last Build works on Spigot 1.8.8, but it need further optimization. Still a bit buggy, hope you keep working on that, realy nice job you doing here.
Ok where is the latest bukkit then?