Chat Color Tags
This plugin allows to easily use colors in the chat without having to remember all the color codes. The user simply types a tag wherever they want to insert a color in the chat. Any suggestions or general ideas, leave a comment.
Latest version should work in versions 1.7 - 1.10 (let me know if this range should be corrected)
Wow, big thanks for over 10,000 downloads!!! I really appreciate it. If you have an idea for a plugin, send me a private message.
- 7,000 downloads - [X]
- 8,000 downloads - [X]
- 9,000 downloads - [X]
- 10,000 downloads - [X] (Amazing!!!)
- simplecolors.all - Allows to use tags for colors and fonts.
- simplecolors.color - Allows to use tags for colors only.
- simplecolors.font - Allows to use tags for fonts only.
- simplecolors.normal.all - Allows to use all normal color and font codes (&b, &d, &e)
- simplecolors.normal.color - Allows to use all normal color codes
- simplecolors.normal.font - Allows to use all normal font codes
- simplecolors.list - Allows to view a list of the available color tags
- simplecolors.sign.all - Allows to use color and font codes on signs (no tags)
- simplecolors.sign.color - Allows to use only color codes on signs
- simplecolors.sign.font - Allows to use only font codes on signs
- /colors - Displays a list of all color and font tags in the chat.
- /colors normal - Displays a list of the normal color codes
List of Tags
To use a color or font tag, simply type it in chat wherever you need it.
- Color Tags:
- <aqua> = &b
- <black> = &0
- <blue> = &9
- <darkaqua> = &3
- <darkblue> = &1
- <darkgray> = &8
- <darkgreen> = &2
- <darkpurple> = &5
- <darkred> = &4
- <gold> = &6
- <gray> = &7
- <green> = &a
- <lightpurple> = &d
- <red> = &c
- <white> = &f
- <yellow> = &e
- Font Tags
- <bold> = &l
- <italic> = &o
- <reset> = &r
- < strike=""> = &m
- <underline> = &n
- <magic> = &k
- Typing <blue>Hello everyone would print Hello everyone in blue text.
- Typing <red>True <green>False would print True in red, then False in green.
- Typing <yellow><bold>Hello prints Hello in yellow bold text.
- Anyone with an all permission can use all the color and font tags.
- Anyone who only has a color permission will have font tags removed when they try to use them.
- Anyone who only has a font permission will have color tags removed when they try to use them.
- Anyone that has no permission will have all color and font tags removed when they try to use them.
- In version 0.2, the plugin will parse normal color codes for players with the correct permission. The rules in the Info section also apply to normal color codes.
- In version 1.0, you can now use color codes on signs, if you have the correct permission. The rules in the Info section also apply to color codes on signs. Please note: On servers that also run 1.8, due to the update to signs, lines longer than 15 characters will be cut off.
- This plugin uses Hidendra's plugin metrics system, some data is collected and sent to mcstats.org unless opted out. For a list of the data that is sent, view the changelog for version 1.2 of the plugin. You can opt out by editing plugins/Plugin Metrics/config.yml and changing opt-out to true.