This plugin is no longer supported.
I have not updated this plugin in over a year, I barely even play Minecraft anymore, I've gotten a full-time job, and nobody else on the team is interested in developing it either. It's time to put it to rest. With the release of name changing in Minecraft 1.8, this plugin is no longer functional. Please do not use it anymore. The code is mediocre at best, and was written by a college student with no real-world programming experience. You really shouldn't want the source code. If somebody comes up with a script to convert BOSEconomy files to work with a different economy plugin, let me know via PM and I can include it on this page.
Thanks for the support I got while it lasted, and sorry for going silent and letting everyone down.
BOSEconomy is a simple, lightweight economy plugin. Every player owns an amount of currency and can make simple payments between one another. Read below to see all of the available features.
BOSEconomy stands for "Brotherhood of Slaughter Economy". The plugin was originally designed for our community's Minecraft server.
- Simplicity: install and go setup. Place the plugin in your folder and modify the files.
- Flexibility: Robust system able to accommodate the simplest of economy setups or the most complex economic setups to date.
- Reliability: Works with almost every Bukkit update without any need to update our plugin. ( no long waits for plugin fixes upon new Bukkit release )
- Standard: One of the leading Economy plugins. Backed by plugin API's such as Vault and Register. This means any plugin that uses vault or register as its backbone will make our plugin work with it without any need to change either persons code.
- Scalability: Control the functions of your econ based off of the size of your server base. With in game commands to modify almost every aspect of the plugin there is nothing you cant control.
- Ingenuity: Procedures put in place that provide the server owner with the "Sky is the limit" mindset. With options and controls to almost every aspect of the plugin there are hundreds of ways to make an econ system.
- Dependable: This plugin is constantly monitored and maintained. One of the most annoying factors to server owners is when a plugin loses support because of the owners disinterest in Minecraft. That will not occur with this as my communities server is very popular and proves to be a cornerstone for our gaming needs.
Click here to read the full setup guide. ( Simple Users )
Click here to view a setup guide with videos. ( Advanced Users )
BOSEconomy Video Guides Package
BOSEconomy Votifier Listener
PLUGIN API HELP:
Plugin API Information
List of supported plugins
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER:
Riuthamus Twitter Page
DONATE AND HELP US KEEP THIS ALIVE:
Donate to BHSlaughter.com
CHECK OUT OUR SERVER::
ICONOMY CONVERSION TOOL::
It may or may not work
if that does not work you can try this converter to for the mid files
It seems that most of the supported plugins are inactive. Any chance of the list being updated? I want to add shops to my server but I'm drowning in bukkitdev.
By the way I love how this works through Vault with other plugins. People need to know about that magic.
Interest does not exist at this point. Although, you could give them a set value and create a new bracket. That would work in the mean time ( but as you said is only a set value ). I will talk to him about this type of additions for the 7.4
No, not even sure if that is possible... something to look at though. Nice idea
Does this support XP as currency?
I am switching over to this plugin from iConomy as it has gone inactive. So far, I love the system! Any chance for a compound interest rate implementation? I would like to give my players a 2% compounding interest rate per hour as long as they are logged in. (I would rather it pay them interest as opposed to a set value.) Thanks for keeping this plugin updated!
does it support a multiworld system? Regards.
@saldarine Maybe with two modes. If you use multi-currency mode, you have to add which currency should the changes apply to the end of the command (or maybe as the first argument). If you are using 1-currency mode, you don't need to add which currency.
That's my idea, thanks for considering it anyway.
Interesting theory, we can discuss this and see how complex it would be to implement. This process might be far to complex for a flatfile system. Then again we might come up with a unique way to allow it to happen. I will ask him as well.
Not currently, we dont really think it would be possible either since... iconomy uses a database setup. We might make a tool for setting up your bank system and then it would auto generate your files... i could talk to my coders about that.
Not sure, ill ask cosine. Prob have to edit the file with notepad.
Any way we could have more than one currency? I have two cities on my server and would like each one to have a different currency.
I am using this for my server, but there use to be the properties file, but now when i start my server with plugin it does not generate it, and i do not receive paydays? help? thanks.
Which forums do you mean? Sorry if that's a stupid question.
I would like to know how to change the amount given in the Votifier listener too, it has generated a blank BOSEconomylisterner.ini file but appart from that there are no instructions on what to put in this file.
EDIT: figured it out in the BOSEconomylistener.ini file paste this in:
Is there a bank system / iconomy converter plugin ? I would gladly move to this plugin.. Just that i have trouble moving into it
How do we change the amount given by the Votifier listener?
Post in the forums saying your issue, and linking your config files with pastbin.
Hi there. I'm about to ask a potentially stupid question. I'm getting negative income fairly regularly. It seems I'm the only person affected by this (at the moment), but as I cannot figure out WHY this is happening, I can't keep it from happening again in the future. What could be the cause(s) for negative income?
Using the latest versions of BOSEconomy, Residence and Vault as of 12/29/2011 (post date)
No worries, tax's and such are not simple to setup in any econ system. You really have to understand how an economy works to really know how to set something like that up. If you want to sit down and talk it over i wouldnt mind helping ya.
Thanks, sorry I missed that.