BlockProt is a easy-to-use block and chest protection plugin. Players can lock chests, furnaces, doors and much more. Unlike traditional chest lock plugins, this uses a simple GUI with buttons to click. This removes the struggle of crafting signs or remembering commands. Especially for beginners, this plugin is very easy to grasp and use.
- Protect chests, furnaces, shulker boxes etc.
- The plugin stores all data inside the blocks themselves, therefore doesn't need any backing database.
- Players can add friends to individual blocks that they can then access.
- Full redstone protection, if the player enables it in the block's GUI.
- All protections are saved as UUIDs.
- Players can configure their blocks with an easy to use GUI.
- OP Users and players with the blockprot.admin permission can remove chests and manage them.
- Full compatibility with WorldGuard, Towny and PlaceholderAPI!
- Available in 9 languages!
Permissions are a Bukkit feature and not a custom thing of this plugin! Please refer to the permissions.yml file in your server or find another plugin to manage permissions (these usually have a lot of features and functionality).
- blockprot.lock: Allows players to lock blocks and access them.
- blockprot.info: Allows players to see the owner and friends of a locked block.
- blockprot.admin: Allows players to unlock blocks that they do not own
- blockprot.bypass: Allows players to bypass any protections, but doesn't allow them to edit blocks.
If you know a language that isn't supported by this plugin (yet) we'd love if you could translate for us!
You can do so easily by going to gitlocalize.
Please do not use reviews or my profile for support, instead use you can file an issue over at GitHub. If you require more support or want to ask questions, please use the Discord server for chatting.
Once in game, crouch and right click a lockable block with an empty hand and you will see the GUI to lock/unlock blocks. For this to work properly, give the default player group the blockprot.lock permission. By default the block gets locked upon placing it., though one can disable this for themselves with the command /blockprot settings. All settings in that command are per-player. To give yourself the permissions listed above, use Bukkit's permission.yml file or see to some permission management plugin.
This plugin requires at least Spigot. CraftBukkit is not supported and shouldn't be used for non-development purposes anyway.
1.19 shulker boxes despawn when broken if anything is inside, and everything inside is then lost. reloading fixes the problem but only for one break, so if i had 3 shulker boxes with items an admin would need to reload the plugin 3 times.
In reply to BobEsBeans:
also 1.19 manage friends is broken and instead becomes a way for players to duplicate maps
In reply to BobEsBeans:
Update the plugin to a version that actually supports 1.19. At least 1.1.1 for 1.19, and at least 1.1.4 for 1.19.1.
I made a short showcase of ur plugin, feel free to add it to the post.
I will do an italian translation
The plugin is working fine thanks to you.
However, there is one problem.
I'm a server administrator, but I can't open other users' boxes.
What should I do?
i'm using paper 1.18.1
In reply to stanford0413:
Please read the description. There are two options for you:
1. The permission `blockprot.admin`. This permission allows you to unlock and edit chests from others.
2. The permission `blockprot.bypass`. This permission doesn't allow you to unlock chests but instead allows you to directly view the contents. This essentially makes all protections be useless towards you, so use this permission with caution.
To add permissions please search for Bukkit permissions; there's a lot of permission manager plugins out there.
In reply to ppnda:
Ive added the permission "blockprot.admin" to my group but that changes nothing. I cant open locked chests of other players.
Im using the 1.18.1 version
In reply to jesusfistus303:
The "blockprot.admin" permission only gives you the right to UNLOCK blocks from other players. You can go into the menu, view the configurations (but not edit them!) and unlock the block from there. If you can't do that, it's very likely you have your permissions configured incorrectly.
Great plugin, easy to use and has the features i need.
Very good plugin, however even with the hoppers and chests having hopper interacting turned on no items get moved. any idea why?
In reply to Diamondpic3:
The item being enchanted means that the protection is enabled. So items will only get moved if it's off or the hopper and chest are owned by the same person.
i highly recommend this plugin it has a very nice GUI and is very easy to use.
Ive noticed that you're able to drag the lock/unlock button into your inventory and keep it in the bukkit versions, are there going to be any fixes for this soon?
In reply to TheVideoMonkeys:
I assume you are using CraftBukkit? CraftBukkit is NOT supported and really just shouldn't be used in general. Please use Spigot, Paper or any fork thereof instead. All other plugins will work fine with it as well, so no reason not to upgrade.
In reply to udukiyukia:
You can disable redstone in the chest which will disallow hoppers extracting items from the chest.
There's a bug that lets you get any player's head through the /blockprot settings command.
You simply run the command, click on Player Head, search anyone's username, and you can take the item out and it'll keep it in your inventory.
I'm on version 0.3.0 on a 1.17 Spigot server. (tested the Spigot plugin as well, same thing)
In reply to Subsical:
Hi, as you might have seen through the console, an error was thrown in the default friends inventory. This was fixed with 0.3.2, soon to be available on CurseForge (is on SpigotMC already however)
In reply to ppnda:
Oh that's great! But I found another issue...
When you add someone to the FriendManageInventory thing in /blockprot settings, they don't show up in the GUI itself so you can't make it so they aren't automatically set as a friend anymore. Searching their username yields no results.