What it does
TARDIS is a plugin that gives you the ability to create a Police Box that lets you time travel (teleport) to random locations. It adds a Whovian twist to the typical /sethome and /home commands.
As a player, you can:
- Create a TARDIS that is bigger on the inside.
- Time travel to a random location.
- Time travel back home (where you created the TARDIS initially).
- Save and list interesting time travel locations, so you can return to them easily.
- Take companions with you when you time travel.
- Make your TARDIS blend in with the Chameleon Circuit.
- Use your own schematic to build the TARDIS interior
- Grow new TARDIS rooms
- Use Artron Energy
- Remote control the TARDIS
Massive thanks and credit goes to BrighamX for making this awesome video :)
Official documentation & FAQs
The documentation for version 2.3 is here: http://eccentricdevotion.github.io/TARDIS/
The documentation contains a frequently asked questions (FAQs) page, please check this first before posting a question in the comments.
Tutorial videos for version 2+ (also included in the official docs)
- Creating a TARDIS
- Growing rooms and the Gravity well and changing Walls
- Time travelling
- Recharging Artron Energy - Updated with energy condenser chest!
User submitted TARDIS schematics
It is highly recommended that you:
- back up your server before installing this version
- delete the plugins/TARDIS/schematics folder so you have the latest TARDIS and room schematic files, remember to move your custom room schematics to plugins/TARDIS/user_schematics first
rooms_require_blockswas true and the
rooms_condenser_percentagewas low, there was a chance that you would be required to condense a zero amount of a block. The minimum will now always be at least 1.
- Added SPIDER_EYE to the condensable items list
- Fixed the 'baker' and 'wood' rooms requiring players to condense a CAKE_BLOCK if
- The middle blocks in the TARDIS creation stack can now be set in the config - add Bukkit Material enum names to add extra blocks for use
- Updated to Bukkit 1.5.2-R0.1
- Added support for My Worlds plugin (as an alternative world manager to Multiverse-Core or Multi-world)
- Fixed a NPE when using the
/tardisbookcommand with no arguments
- Fixed a NPE exception if the TARDIS schematics aren't updated
- The config option
default_worldis disabled automatically if
create_worldsis also true
- Added a check that the TARDIS has enough Artron Energy to use the backdoor
- Added a check that the other backdoor has been added successfully before allowing use of the backdoor feature
- Added a check when updating the inner backdoor, that the player has entered the TARDIS properly by the regular door
- Added a config option:
return_room_seed: [true|false]- whether the player gets back the room seed block when jettisoning a room
- Custom room schematics now have their own folder user_schematics - please move any custom schematics to here, custom rooms will be disabled in the config until you do...
- Removed the TRIPWIRE and TRIPWIRE_HOOK items from the valid materials that can be used for the TARDIS key - they don't work anyway
- Fixed pet name tags showing when transported into the TARDIS when the pet never had a custom name
- Made the controls converter far more robust, if any of the control locations are missing then the plugin determines their position automagically
- Fixed an ArrayOutOfBounds exception when controls had been converted more than once and there were duplicate records
- The default for the config option
- Fixed the update checker giving the wrong message if a release version is available and the current version is a beta
- Player's can now add a back door to the tardis - and no funny jokes please...
- Requires the permission
- Place a pair of IRON doors (one inside, one outside! You MUST enter and exit using the regular door when placing them!)
- Use the command
/tardis update backdoorto tell the TARDIS where they are located
- Using the back door requires Artron Energy - set the cost with the config option
- Requires the permission
- Companions can now enter the TARDIS at any time (The Time Lord of the TARDIS does not have to be inside)
- Added isomorphic controls so that Time Lords can lock the controls and prevent companions from stealing the TARDIS
- use the command
/tardisprefs isomorphic [on|off]
- use the command
- Added the permission
tardis.exterminate- players must have it to delete their TARDIS
- Fixed some levers falling into the void (causing inactive lamps) in deluxe & eleventh TARDIS schematics - delete the old schematics
- Fixed the handbrake not being added in the deluxe TARDIS schematic - delete the old schematic
- Added missing condensable
*_ITEMitems or cauldrons, brewing stands and nether_bricks to the condensables list. This should fix some rooms not being able to be grown when
- Added the ability for functional secondary control consoles
- Old primary controls are automatically updated to the new format
- Old secondary controls can be updated with the command
tardis secondary [control]- the command functions exactly the same way as
- Growing a baker or wood secondary console room automatically adds functional secondary controls - delete the old room schematics
- Added a player preference to only have the TARDIS beacon on while travelling -
/tardisprefs beacon [on|off]
- In new TARDISes the beacon is off until the Artron Energy Capacitor is initialised by clicking the Artron button with the TARDIS key - delete the old schematics
- Removed all reliance on NMS and OCB methods
- this means that offline players no longer have their location set to the server's default world spawn point (probably a non-issue as spawn is usually controlled by another plugin anyway e.g. Essentials Spawn)
- this also means that the plugin will not break with every CraftBukkit update :)
- Fixed a NPE trying the rename the TARDIS key when it is AIR
As a minimum, just drop the TARDIS.jar and any optional plugins listed below into the Bukkit plugins folder and start your server. For more detailed instructions see: http://eccentricdevotion.github.io/TARDIS/installation.html
These are not needed for TARDIS to function, but enhance the plugin with extra features...
- Install Multiverse so you have multiple worlds to travel to. This is also required if you want to generate TARDISes in their own self-conatined world.
- Install the TARDISChunkGenerator plugin so that you can generate TARDISes in their own self-conatined world (included in the ZIP download).
- Install the SpoutPlugin, so that you can hear TARDIS and Doctor Who sound effects (when using the SpoutCraft client).
- Install WorldGuard to automatically protect your TARDIS from griefing, and stop mobs spawning in TARDIS worlds.
- Install WorldBorder to restrict the size of the worlds generated for TARDIS occupation.
- Install a Permissions plugin, so that you can restrict or grant players the rights to use TARDIS’ different features. We like PermissionsBukkit.
- Use the custom TARDIS texture pack - UPDATED for TARDIS malfunctions & compatible with Minecraft 1.5.2
Other important pages
Huge thanks to markdf for hosting these
|TARDIS Github repository||https://github.com/eccentricdevotion/TARDIS|
|Official todo list||https://github.com/eccentricdevotion/TARDIS/blob/v2/todo.md|
|Bleeding edge builds|
(Will not always
|Jenkins Latest TARDIS Build|
(Not supported by Bukkit, use at your own risk)
Thanks to Skyrion for this one
Bugs / Requests
Please post a ticket for TARDIS plugin requests and bugs, thank you :)
Basic statistics are collected for the TARDIS plugin. You can opt out at any time by setting
opt-out: true in plugins/PluginMetrics/config.yml
- Date created
- Jul 15, 2012
- Last update
- May 08, 2013
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3)
- Curse link
- Recent files