WorldGuard is a powerful plugin providing all the little things (and some big ones), and it protects your servers from various problems.
- Block creeper and wither block damage, falling damage, etc.;
- Disable fire spread, lava fire spread, ice formation, Endermen picking up blocks, etc.;
- Blacklist certain items and blocks so they can't be used;
- Warn moderators when certain items and blocks are used;
- Protect areas of your world so only certain people can build in them;
- Set areas where PVP, TNT, mob damage, and other features are disabled;
- Protect your server from various 'exploits' like magical obsidian creation machines;
- Disable, or enable, various Minecraft features, like sponges from classic;
- Add useful commands like an immediate "STOP ALL FIRE SPREAD" command.
- Enable only features you want! Everything is off by default.
- Got a question about WorldGuard? Need server or code help? Consider asking on the forum too!
Quote from the author:
Bukkit is currently required. In the future, WorldGuard will be available for Forge and other APIs.
- Install WorldEdit first. (DON'T FORGET THIS)
- Download WorldGuard and install it the same way.
- Run your server once to generate the files.
- Edit plugins/WorldGuard/config.yml to your liking.
- Use the command /wg reload to reload your configuration (use worldguard.* for all permissions).
To setup protected regions or the blacklist, you'll have to read the wiki (see below).
What are the permissions? The commands? Check out the wiki below.
- Project leader: Contact @sk89q on Twitter
- Lead developers: sk89q, TomyLobo, wizjany, and zml2008
- Project started: In December 2010 (Bukkit was started January 2011)
Check out sk89q's server:
- Date created
- Aug 25, 2011
- Last update
- Jul 16, 2013
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3)
- Curse link
- Recent files