WorldGuard is a powerful plugin providing (1) area-specific protection, (2) world protection, (3) additional game rules, (4) blacklisting, and (5) various utilities.
- Block creeper and wither block damage, falling damage, etc.;
- Disable fire spread, lava fire spread, ice formation, Endermen picking up blocks, etc.;
- Blacklist certain items and blocks so they can't be used;
- Warn moderators when certain items and blocks are used;
- Protect areas of your world so only certain people can build in them;
- Set areas where PVP, TNT, mob damage, and other features are disabled;
- Protect your server from various 'exploits' like magical obsidian creation machines;
- Disable, or enable, various Minecraft features, like sponges from classic;
- Add useful commands like an immediate "STOP ALL FIRE SPREAD" command.
- Enable only features you want! Everything is off by default.
WARNING: Certain versions of GroupManager and PEX are extremely slow when checking permissions, particular if you have a lot of users or groups. If you are finding WG showing up in "timings" reports, then it is most likely caused by your permissions plugin being slow. To diagnose lag, we recommend using WarmRoast.
How do I install WorldGuard?
- Download WorldEdit (required by WorldGuard) and extract the WorldEdit.jar file into your "plugins/" folder.
- Download WorldGuard and extract the WorldGuard.jar file into your "plugins/" folder.
- Run your server!
- Read our wiki to learn how to use WorldGuard.
Where do I learn how to use WorldGuard?
To learn how to use WorldGuard, read our wiki.
Where can I get my questions answered?
Where can I report bugs or request features?
Can I download WorldGuard source code?
Visit our GitHub repository. WorldGuard is licensed under LGPLv3 and you can compile it with Maven.
Check out my Minecraft server!
- Date created
- Aug 25, 2011
- Last update
- Sep 01, 2014
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3)
- Curse link
- Recent files