What it does
TARDIS is a plugin that gives you the ability to create a Police Box that lets you time travel (teleport) to random locations. It adds a Whovian twist to the typical /sethome and /home commands.
As a player, you can:
- Create a TARDIS that is bigger on the inside.
- Time travel to a random location.
- Time travel back home (where you created the TARDIS initially).
- Save and list interesting time travel locations, so you can return to them easily.
- Take companions with you when you time travel.
- Make your TARDIS blend in with the Chameleon Circuit.
- Use your own schematic to build the TARDIS interior
- Grow new TARDIS rooms
- Use Artron Energy
- Remote control the TARDIS
- Custom TARDIS sounds with companion Resource Pack
Official documentation & FAQs
The documentation is here: http://eccentricdevotion.github.io/TARDIS/
The documentation contains a frequently asked questions (FAQs) page, please check this first before posting a question in the comments.
Tutorial videos for version 2+ (also included in the official docs)
Not all of these are up-to-date...
- Creating a TARDIS
- Growing rooms and the Gravity well and changing Walls
- Time travelling
- Recharging Artron Energy - Updated with energy condenser chest!
User submitted TARDIS schematics
CAUTION: v2.6 requires CraftBukkit 1.7 or greater!
- Some big changes, too many to list here!
- Please read the change log carefully - http://eccentricdevotion.github.io/TARDIS/change-log.html
- Custom sounds are available in the TARDIS Resource Pack
- Added support for using a MySQL database, those familiar with setting up plugins to use MySQL should have no problem doing the same for TARDIS - check config.yml for the required settings
- Added new ocean biomes to the TARDIS submarine mode
- Add a Do Not Disturb player preference -
/tardisprefs dnd [on|off]- to prevent the use of
/ttravel [player]command should the specified player not want to be travelled to
trueand the world specified by
default_world_namedoesn't exist, then the plugin tries to create it
- TARDIS seed blocks now properly recognise all types of wood and logs
- Fixed CUSTOM TARDIS creation
- Fixed submarine mode
- Fixed player direction when using the TARDIS back door
- Fixed missing blocks in the REDSTONE TARDIS - delete the old schematic to update to the new one
As a minimum, just drop the TARDIS.jar and any optional plugins listed below into the Bukkit plugins folder and start your server. For more detailed instructions see: http://eccentricdevotion.github.io/TARDIS/installation.html
These are not needed for TARDIS to function, but enhance the plugin with extra features...
- Install the TARDIS Resource Pack in the Minecraft client to hear custom TARDIS sounds
- Install Multiverse so you have multiple worlds to travel to. This is also required if you want to generate TARDISes in their own self-conatined world, and grow rooms.
- Install the TARDISChunkGenerator plugin so that you can generate TARDISes in their own self-conatined world (included in the ZIP download).
- Install WorldGuard to automatically protect your TARDIS from griefing, and stop mobs spawning in TARDIS worlds.
- Install WorldBorder to restrict the size of the worlds generated for TARDIS occupation.
- Install a Permissions plugin, so that you can restrict or grant players the rights to use TARDIS’ different features. We like PermissionsBukkit.
Other important pages
Huge thanks to markdf for hosting these
|TARDIS Github repository||https://github.com/eccentricdevotion/TARDIS|
|Official todo list||https://github.com/eccentricdevotion/TARDIS/blob/v2.6/todo.md|
|Bleeding edge builds|
(Will not always
|Development builds of this project can be acquired at the provided continuous integration server.|
These builds have not been approved by the BukkitDev staff. Use them at your own risk.
Jenkins Latest TARDIS Build
Latest build is mirrored 24/7 here:
Bleeding edge changes/commits
More videos (outdated for v2.6)
Thanks to Skyrion for this one
Bugs / Requests
Please post a ticket for TARDIS plugin requests and bugs, thank you :)
Make sure you have read the FAQs first, as your question may already be answered there.
If you are going to create a BUG ticket you need to supply relevant information (as I'm not a mind reader, nor do I have access to your server...) - as a minimum you need:
- Exact CraftBukkit version i.e. NOT 'the latest'
- Exact TARDIS version i.e. NOT 'the latest'
- The server log showing the entire error (wrapped in
<<code>>tags - NOT a screenshot) - if no error in the log, then a video of the bug happening or the EXACT steps needed to reproduce the issue.
- Attach your plugins/TARDIS/config.yml file
- Attach your plugins/TARDIS/TARDIS.db file
- List of other plugins on server
- And read this: How to file tickets
Basic statistics are collected for the TARDIS plugin. You can opt out at any time by setting
opt-out: true in plugins/PluginMetrics/config.yml
Table of contents
- 1 Download
- 2 What it does
- 3 Video trailer
- 4 Official documentation & FAQs
- 5 What's new?
- 6 Installation
- 7 Other important pages
- 8 More videos (outdated for v2.6)
- 9 Bugs / Requests
- 10 Stats
- Date created
- Jul 15, 2012
- Last update
- Dec 12, 2013
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3)
- Curse link
- Recent files