PasswordProtect - Protect your server with a password
Old forum link: Click!
This plugin is a rebirth of PasswordProtect. All credits for the original plugin are going to @DisabledHamster.
I'm glad you allowed me to fork it! Additionally I migrated some features of mPasswordProtector into PasswordProtect (auto kick and ban).
If you enter the server, you are forced to enter a password. If you enter it wrong too often, you are going to be kicked (and banned).
Without entering the password you are able to walk in a configured jail area.
Comes with a config, permissions & commands.
It's possible to execute some custom commands, which can be configured.
- Cancel different interaction events like
- Pickup items
- Drop items
- Break blocks
- Hit mobs or players
- Triggering of mobs
- Interaction with items
- Using a portal
- Drops on death
- Auto kick and auto ban (even the IP) after configurable amount of tries
- Blindness and slowness for the player if wanted
- Jail area - the player is teleported back if he leaves the area
- Per world jail area!
- Safe encryption of password, choose between SHA, SHA-256, SHA-512, MD5 & more
- Custom commands are allowed to execute (like /rules)
- Bypass command via permission
- Broadcast a message on kick/ban
- Teleport the player back to the previous location (location on logout)
- Localization to edit the messages
- Permissions & Commands for an easy administration
- This plugin sends usage statistics! If you wish to disable the usage stats, look at /plugins/PluginMetrics/config.yml!
# For help please refer to http://bit.ly/ppbukkit or http://bit.ly/ppbukkitdev # Which encryption should be used? Example: MD5 or SHA-256 encryption: SHA-256 # Are ops forced, to enter the password, too? OpsRequirePassword: true # Should the password be stored in clean (plain) text? cleanPassword: false password: '' passwordClean: '' # What events should be prevented? prevent: Movement: true Interaction: true InteractionMobs: true ItemPickup: true ItemDrops: true Portal: true BlockPlace: true BlockBreak: true # Players won't be triggered by mobs anymore Triggering: true Attacks: true Damage: true Chat: true # After how many attempts should a player be kicked or banned wrongAttempts: kick: 3 ban: 5 banIP: true # Make the players slow and add darkness effects? darkness: true slowness: true # These commands are available, even without logging in allowedCommands: - help - rules - motd # Teleport back to the location they left? teleportBack: true # Show the message that a password is required loginMessage: true
Commands & Permissions
Only the bukkit permissions are supported! I highly recommend that you use a plugin for permissions like bPermissions
If the config value permission is set to false, all people can use the commands!
If no permission system is found, all commands are for OPs only! Of course the console can use the commands, too!
Description: Bypass the login password
Description: Allows you to get the password
Description: Allows you to set the password
Aliases: /setjail, /setjailarea, /setpasswordjail
Description: Allows you to set the jail area
Node: No permission node
Description: Used to login.
Of course you can use passwordprotect.*
But passwordprotect.nopassword is excluded!
Downloads/Source Code/Dev Builds
Development builds of this project can be acquired at the provided continuous integration server. These builds have not been approved by the BukkitDev staff. Use them at your own risk.
Future Plans (a.k.a. ToDo):
- Nothing - I'm open for suggestions!
Make sure to take a look at the always up to date ToDo!
If the server is /reload -ed, all active players can play without the password."Fixed" in 1.1
- Fix issue on startup
- Compile against latest Bukkit 1.6.2
- Updated Metrics to R7
Feel free to use this banner!! :)
If you really like my plugin, you can if you want make a donation via PayPal!
There is a button on top of this page :)
This plugin is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0) license!
- Date created
- May 11, 2012
- Last update
- Aug 14, 2013
- Development stage
- Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0)
- Curse link
- Recent files