PasswordProtect - Protect your server with a password
This CraftBukkit plugin aims to offer a simple server password which is the same for all users.
THIS IS NOT A PLUGIN FOR A USER SPECIFIC PASSWORD
Without logging in the user is jailed in a pre defined cuboid and ported back once he leaves the jail area.
You can define jail areas for each world and configure which actions like block breaking, chatting or flying should be disabled.
There is an additional ability to allow certain commands or to auto-kick or auto-ban a user after X failed attempts.
- Cancel different interaction events like
- Pickup items
- Drop items
- Break blocks
- Hit mobs or players
- Triggering of mobs
- Interaction with items
- Using a portal
- Drops on death
- Auto kick and auto ban (even the IP) after configurable amount of tries
- Blindness and slowness for the player if wanted
- Jail area - the player is teleported back if he leaves the area - can be turned off with disableJailArea
- Per world jail area!
- Safe hashing of password, choose between SHA, SHA-256, SHA-512, MD5 & more
- Custom commands are allowed to execute (like /rules)
- Bypass command via permission
- Broadcast a message on kick/ban
- Teleport the player back to the previous location (location on logout)
- Localization to edit the messages
- Permissions & Commands for an easy administration
Third party features, all of them can be disabled
Please take a look at the detailed information about bStats below!
- bStats for usage statistics
- Auto Updater (connecting to https://dev.bukkit.org for updating checking)
# For help please refer to https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/passwordprotect # Which hash should be used? Example: SHA-256 or SHA-512 hash: SHA-512 # Are ops forced, to enter the password, too? opsRequirePassword: true # Should the jail area be disabled? disableJailArea: false # Should the password be stored in clean (plain) text? cleanPassword: false password: '' passwordClean: ''
autoUpdater: true # What events should be prevented? prevent: movement: true interaction: true interactionMobs: true itemPickup: true itemDrop: true portal: true blockPlace: true blockBreak: true # Players won't be triggered by mobs anymore triggering: true attacks: true damage: true chat: true # After how many attempts should a player be kicked or banned wrongAttempts: kick: 3 ban: 5 banIP: true # Broadcast messages when a player is kicked or banned? broadcast: kick: true ban: true # Make the players slow and add darkness effects? darkness: true slowness: true # These commands are available, even without logging in allowedCommands: - help - rules - motd # Teleport back to the location they left? teleportBack: true # Show the message that a password is required loginMessage: true
Commands & Permissions
If the config value permission is set to false, all people can use the commands!
If no permission system is found, all commands are for OPs only! Of course the console can use the commands, too!
Description: Bypass the login password
Description: Allows you to get the password
Description: Allows you to set the password
Aliases: /setjail, /setjailarea, /setpasswordjail
Description: Allows you to set the jail area
Node: No permission node
Description: Used to login.
Of course you can use passwordprotect.*
But passwordprotect.nopassword is excluded!
Downloads/Source Code/Dev Builds
Development builds of this project can be acquired at the provided continuous integration server. These builds have not been approved by the BukkitDev staff. Use them at your own risk.
Future Plans (a.k.a. ToDo):
- Whitelist instead of permissions
- Password only required once
- IP whitelist
- None at the moment
- Fixes a bug where the opsRequirePassword flag did not work correctly
- Fixes a bug where the prevention flags did not work correctly
- Adds an optional auto updater feature
- Updates bStats dependency
- Lower API version back to 1.13
- Fixes a bug that prevented banning from working correctly
- Fixes a bug that did not display the jailed message (thanks @dtmarius)
- Fixes a bug that nopassword permission required the player to be an OP (thanks @dtmarius)
- Fixes a bug that OpsRequirePassword was not working correctly (thanks @dtmarius)
- Various code improvements and refactorings
Feel free to use this banner!! :)
Statistics (from bStats)
I'm very happy about any donation.
Support me & buy me some beer, this makes me happy and keeps me interested in this plugin.
Donation chain: -> I receive some money -> Buy coffee -> Work longer -> Faster Updates -> Your benefit!
There is a button on top of this page (right to the different tabs)
I'm accepting bitcoins, too! :)
This plugin is released under the MIT license!
Information about the data usage collection bStats
./plugins/bStats/config.yml contains an option to opt-out.
The following data is read and sent to https://bstats.org and can be seen under https://bstats.org/plugin/bukkit/PasswordProtect
- Your server's randomly generated UUID
- The amount of players on your server
- The online mode of your server
- The bukkit version of your server
- The java version of your system (e.g. Java 8)
- The name of your OS (e.g. Windows)
- The version of your OS
- The architecture of your OS (e.g. amd64)
- The system cores of your OS (e.g. 8)
- bStats-supported plugins
- Plugin version of bStats-supported plugins